April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Well I got asked tonight by my cousin..."Are you pregnant?" The first thing I did was say, "DON'T TELL ANYBODY!" We aren't planning to announce for some time still, but apparently my cover is beginning to blow...thanks to my belly.

Omg I can't imagine how it would be it the news got out of control so soon...
When r u planning in announcing it to the whole family?

Nope. We aren't planning on saying anything for quite some time still. I'm only about 9.5 weeks. But the person who asked was my cousin's wife, and while she hasn't had a ton of miscarriages like me, she's lost a baby late term to Trisomy 18, so she can certainly understand where I am coming from, and I don't think she'll say anything. I hope not! Wow....so, for the first time in 11 pregnancies (well, only 6 of those were long enough to count for this), I have been officially asked, "Are you pregnant?" How odd. I know it's terribly obvious to me, but I didn't realize that people thought something was different, not that I'd just packed on pounds.

I know this one will not only stick but be a super adorable healthy baby :thumbup:
My heart goes out to you, although I never had a mc, I know the pain of trying for a long time and completely understand your fears.:flower::hugs:

Congrats Molly! how fortunate! a little girl!
I'd love a test, and it is available here but called to ask and almost fell off my chair when I heard the price lol! I will wait until the NT to have a first glimpse.

Where are you based? And how much was it if you dont mind asking. We got it done for a 120 euro. Not super cheap considering I could have waited a few more weeks, but it was my bday prezzie! :blush:

Belgium and it was around 400-450 euros depending on different centers I called.:dohh: I would take it if it was 120 euros here, DH is dying to know the gender! :haha:

Congrats Molly! how fortunate! a little girl!
I'd love a test, and it is available here but called to ask and almost fell off my chair when I heard the price lol! I will wait until the NT to have a first glimpse.

Where are you based? And how much was it if you dont mind asking. We got it done for a 120 euro. Not super cheap considering I could have waited a few more weeks, but it was my bday prezzie! :blush:

Belgium and it was around 400-450 euros depending on different centers I called.:dohh: I would take it if it was 120 euros here, DH is dying to know the gender! :haha:

WHAT????? Thats crazy money! I would definitely not have found out so soon if it was that dear. Over here in Spain it the dearest I've heard was 130..

Haha, Molly. After you mentioned it, I looked into it here (US) and saw that there were a lot of at home kits where you could take your own blood (um, yikes) and have it shipped to a lab for testing. After all was said and done, it would be $350-$400 (USD). I immediately decided that for $400, I can easily wait 4 more weeks for my $75 gender u/s I have scheduled at 15 weeks! :haha:

I'll be almost 21 weeks before my anatomy u/s since my 20th week falls on US Thanksgiving and everything is closed that Thursday and Friday (and over the weekend). Finding out 6 weeks sooner is worth the $75 for us. We did the same with dd and found out at 15+2.

Here in the Uk it costs around £250 but its only meant to be available to people who are at risk of gender complications. They say that if they made it available to all people here would be a risk of women aborting healthy babies because they werent the gender they wanted. Which I can understand after knowing a lady in my area who was angry when she found out her healthy baby was a girl.

Im in a bad mood and my neighbour just knocked to say he is having a party tonight. i have a huge headache and a sick kid... who has a party on a thursday?????

Haha, Molly. After you mentioned it, I looked into it here (US) and saw that there were a lot of at home kits where you could take your own blood (um, yikes) and have it shipped to a lab for testing. After all was said and done, it would be $350-$400 (USD). I immediately decided that for $400, I can easily wait 4 more weeks for my $75 gender u/s I have scheduled at 15 weeks! :haha:

I'll be almost 21 weeks before my anatomy u/s since my 20th week falls on US Thanksgiving and everything is closed that Thursday and Friday (and over the weekend). Finding out 6 weeks sooner is worth the $75 for us. We did the same with dd and found out at 15+2.
Wow! I was about to google it for here in the US! But ummm nevermind! I'll be going to a "high risk" doctor starting my 20th week & he will be doing a ton of ultrasounds on our little bean. I'll just wait until then! That will be mid December for me so it will make a great Christmas present for my family!!!!

You know I really do want a boy, but OMG, I will be excited no matter what. This is my little baby we are talking about & boy or girl, who really cares when it comes down to it. I will love it either way just the same.

Chig – did the doctors get back to you about your results?

xxxxxxxxx

The doctor never did, but the nurse did get back to me. I have UTI, so I need antibiotics for and the bloodwork that came back "abnormal" was for the hemoglobin test, which just means that my iron level is low and I need to up my iron intake. Trust me, I was relieved to know that it was not anything toooooooo serious.

For those of you suffering with UTI's, d-mannose is a GREAT supplement, it can often heal it on it's own just by changing the pH. And lots of probiotics, ESPECIALLY if you are taking antibiotics (just make sure they are 2 hours apart).

****TMI ALERT*****

I just got off the phone with the nurse at my docs office. Last night I was cramping pretty much all night with some pretty intense sharp pains. I just kept telling myself that it was all part of my uterus growing. But then today I have been having a really thick brown bloody mucus (GROSS). It has been kinda freaking me out so I called my doc & they told me this was normal. And that since we heard the heartbeat last Thursday, that normally after you hear the heartbeat the chance of a miscarriage goes WAY down. But then I'm reading all over the place where women have miscarried after hearing it.

Have any of the rest of you ladies experienced this? I'm still pretty freaked out about it. It's hard not to worry when you have a previous loss....

****TMI ALERT*****

I just got off the phone with the nurse at my docs office. Last night I was cramping pretty much all night with some pretty intense sharp pains. I just kept telling myself that it was all part of my uterus growing. But then today I have been having a really thick brown bloody mucus (GROSS). It has been kinda freaking me out so I called my doc & they told me this was normal. And that since we heard the heartbeat last Thursday, that normally after you hear the heartbeat the chance of a miscarriage goes WAY down. But then I'm reading all over the place where women have miscarried after hearing it.

Have any of the rest of you ladies experienced this? I'm still pretty freaked out about it. It's hard not to worry when you have a previous loss....

Have you had sex within the last 48ish hours? Any irritation to your cervix can cause the spotting. The cramping could be totally unrelated.

But I completely understand your fears!

Maybesoon hugs to you fx all is ok if u are still worried you could always call epu or head to a & e for reassurance? Xx

No sex ladies.... I'm still staying with my parents as my hubby & I aren't really doing well right now....

Awwww maybesoon this is the last thing you need isnt it! Do you think the stress is causing it? Have the nurses on the phone put you in for a scan? I had a tiny bleed yesterday and Im having a scan in the morning. i hope everything is okay. just relax as much as possible. brown blood is old blood so that is good xxx

No sex ladies.... I'm still staying with my parents as my hubby & I aren't really doing well right now....

Something else...even bowel movements can sometimes cause some spotting, especially if you have had any issues with constipation at all.

At least you can rest in the fact that it's old blood, right? With all of my losses, there was no messing around...it was red blood right from the start. I did have a SCH with one of my pregnancies that caused mucousy brown spotting, but that isn't usually a cause of r concern.

****TMI ALERT*****

Um.... yeah. For the last 12 days. I've only posted about it like 20 times. :p I've even had bright red at times along with cramping. All was well with baby when I went in for an u/s at 9+4. I have a small subchorionic hemmorhage. Doc said I could stop spotting/bleeding in a day or two or it could last for weeks (and it has lasted for weeks now). Good thing I'm not that lady who got all bent out of shape about people "ignoring" her. :winkwink: :haha:

Don't search the internet. It seemed like every thread I found ended in miscarriage. But I found some stats saying even with bleeding, if you're over 8/9 weeks and you've seen the heartbeat, you still have a 95%+ chance of having a healthy/successful full-term pregnancy. :thumbup: Most causes of bleeding don't increase your chances of miscarriage at all. My OB confirmed that she didn't think I was at any increased risk.

I know it's impossible not to worry. Just ask for an ultrasound/appointment to put your mind at ease. It REALLY helped me to see baby wiggling around with a super strong heartbeat.

Oh, I meant to say all I've been told is pelvic rest, no exercise, take it easy. And they're right. Whenever I physically exert myself at all, it flares back up again. It stopped last Friday and Saturday and as soon as I cleaned my house on Sunday (regular stuff like sweeping/mopping), it came back heavier than it had been in a week. It's finally stopped again yesterday so I'm really hoping it stays away. Doc told me to continue taking it easy and no exercise or intercourse for at least a week after I see the last bit of spotting.

One more thing my doc told me: She said I wouldn't be miscarrying at that point (I was 9+4 when I talked to her) without SIGNIFICANT cramping and a heavy period type flow of blood. Essentially told me I don't need to be worrying unless I have both of those together at the same time (of course I'm still worrying a bit in the back of my mind but it was reassuring for her to say that).

Awwww maybesoon this is the last thing you need isnt it! Do you think the stress is causing it? Have the nurses on the phone put you in for a scan? I had a tiny bleed yesterday and Im having a scan in the morning. i hope everything is okay. just relax as much as possible. brown blood is old blood so that is good xxx
Thank you! They do think it's stress related. I'm trying to take it easy & not stress or worry as much (which I've been trying already). It's just really easier said than done right now...

Thank you ladies! I don't know if you all remember but from August 23rd until September 10th I spotted almost every single day. And it was definately spotting. This is totally different. And I guess I had gotten so use to the actual spotting that when I started having this it kinda freaked me out. I'm going to take it easy for the weekend. I guess it just sucks that we all spend so much time worrying about this stuff when honestly, there's nothing they can do if it does turn into a miscarriage......

I'm so ready for my 2nd trimester. I sure hope I am more relaxed then.

Maybesoon I hope that the spotting stops ASAP, and hoping its nothing serious.

Molly congrats on your little lady!!!!!!! Such wonderful news!

Well, we are thinking of names for both genders as we don't want to find out the sex of the baby until he/she arrives (weirdly I am watching Neigbours and they are talking about finding out the babies gender!) so we need to be prepared for both!

Well, we are thinking of names for both genders as we don't want to find out the sex of the baby until he/she arrives (weirdly I am watching Neigbours and they are talking about finding out the babies gender!) so we need to be prepared for both!

That's how we do it, too! :) Definitely no finding out here!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->