April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

oooppps sorry mellissasbump!! I didn't mean to come across as defensive, i just meant that sometimes mums of benefits get accused of living off them on purpose and being better off than they are, some do do that and that isn't right. I'm sorry if I come across as angry with you! I was just stating my situation. I know a few women who have children who are grown up and are still living off their child benefit, tax credits etc etc and a few who have babies in order to get bigger houses! Its wrong. xx

Ukgirl, thanks hun, you didnt actually come across defensive i thinki was just worried that id come across wrong! lol. x

actually when we were house hunting a few years ago I found a lovely 2 bed flat near school and it was huuuuge and in our price range, when they found out I was getting housing benefit they put the rent up by £100 a month extra ''because I didn't pay it myself'' but that meant having to pay extra on top of the benefits and I kind of felt it was a bit cheeky.

aww mellissasbump you didnt at all. I'm surrounded by 2 screaming children who refuse to go to bed and kind of typed out quickly what I was trying to say but I think it come out wrong lol :hugs: xx

actually when we were house hunting a few years ago I found a lovely 2 bed flat near school and it was huuuuge and in our price range, when they found out I was getting housing benefit they put the rent up by £100 a month extra ''because I didn't pay it myself'' but that meant having to pay extra on top of the benefits and I kind of felt it was a bit cheeky.

That's outrageous, and I'm pretty sure against the law. It doesn't matter who pays the rent, they still get the money they asked for. We have a lots of houses we rent out and 90% of them are to DHS people, and it doesn't bother us. What we like is that you know you are definitely getting the bulk of the rent (say £350 out of £420) a month as it automatically comes from DHS whereas wit private renters there is a lot more hassle if they can't pay that month.

That's outrageous, and I'm pretty sure against the law. It doesn't matter who pays the rent, they still get the money they asked for. We have a lots of houses we rent out and 90% of them are to DHS people, and it doesn't bother us. What we like is that you know you are definitely getting the bulk of the rent (say £350 out of £420) a month as it automatically comes from DHS whereas wit private renters there is a lot more hassle if they can't pay that month.
I agree!!! That's just wrong!

I find it funny that here in Texas when I had to get an MRI for my shoulder if I went through my insurance to help pay for the MRI it was going to cost me $1200.00.... If I didn't use my insurance & told the company I was uninsured it would only cost me $350.00.... What the hell is that about??? So because my employer & oh pay out the ass monthly for me to be covered by an insurance plan it's costing me more than if I wasn't insured at all???? Totally pissed me off to NO end!!!!

Hmmmm Maybesoon that is definitely a conundrum!!

In other news, I am pretty certain now I can feel baby moving :mrgreen: like little tickly flutters on the right hand side. It does seem quite far towards my hip, which is surprising, but I've been feeling it for about four days now!

yup, it was a letting agency who was doing it too! I couldn't believe it. I rejected the flat on principle, if you think about it though DHS are more reliable than people who work because you know you are getting rent for sure.

I think I feel moving too, it's more like a rolling sensation than a kick. :/ xx

Oooh how exciting doggylover!
I think I'm feeling mine too now, the odd gentle pop here and there, plus that tickling/shifting sensation I remember from last time! :yipee:

Aw Doggylover, so exciting you can feel baby moving!
I am still waiting on it...anything I feel I am like, "Was that baby?" But I don't think so quite yet. I am guessing it might take me a little bit longer to feel because I have a tilted uterus. Could that have anything to do with it?

I would imagine that is a big factor in when you feel movement Bjs.

It'll probably turn out this isn't the baby at all and I am just insane :blush:

Hmmmm Maybesoon that is definitely a conundrum!!

In other news, I am pretty certain now I can feel baby moving :mrgreen: like little tickly flutters on the right hand side. It does seem quite far towards my hip, which is surprising, but I've been feeling it for about four days now!

That is exactly what I have been having! The first time it was like popcorn popping and then every now and then I feel it like a very gentle tap. I was starting to think it was something else because it was always on my right side, and then last night I felt it in the middle towards the top and then a few seconds later down lower and was like... hmmmmm... and today I felt it on my left side very briefly. But usually it is on my right side. That is where my placenta is, so maybe the baby likes to be near the placenta? Who knows!

Aw Doggylover, so exciting you can feel baby moving!
I am still waiting on it...anything I feel I am like, "Was that baby?" But I don't think so quite yet. I am guessing it might take me a little bit longer to feel because I have a tilted uterus. Could that have anything to do with it?

At my first appt with the obstetric nurse she told me that many women with tilted uteruses feel the baby sooner. I have a tilted uterus and pretty sure I am feeling the baby move. Felt it for the first time on Saturday, so at 16+2

A lot of people's tilted uterus tilts back to normal by or in second tri anyway. I don't know if mine has since I haven't had an ultrasound or appt since end of first tri.

So exciting that movement is being felt!! I cannot wait for wavey belly time. :D

When your baby is too big to kick it rolls around instead and makes my bump look wavey lol xxx

Holy moly that sounds weird ukgirl!!! I just want to get some proper kicks so I know I'm not mad!!! A good old kick in the stomach would be super. My baby obviously won't be a football/soccer player!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->