April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Mommabrown the way I see it is.. if we have to go through the pain of child birth they can get snipped and experience a bit of pain too lol. I dont think I could ever tell my kids that I didnt want them or that they were mistakes. Granted most of the population are mistakes these days but you certainly shouldnt tell your child that they were one!! My mum used to drink heavily and tell me and my brother we were mistakes it really damaged our self esteem and confidence. I concieved Lucas on the Yasmin pill he was a total surprise but I am very very on love with him lol xx

Doggylover the pill turns me into the biggest bitch ever and it makes me sweat lol.Plus as I just said it has failed for me once before. we used condoms and the pullnout method for two years before actively trying. the coil can be hormone free thats why its my top choice xx

Doggylover thats shocking of your uncle, how is that child gonna feel growing up knowing that? Poor thing hope he changes his tune real soon

I think instinct takes over when you have a baby, yes you do have those moments when you feel like you cant take anymore or need time out but when its your own child your instinct to protect and nurture will take over a lot of the time. Not to say there is anything wrong with it, we all feel like it at some point!

Re contreception, my OH will be having the snip a few months after this baby, ive always been on the pill before but this will be our last baby and we are both comfortable with that fact.

Laurynn is a Depo shot baby! Brandon was a Yasmin baby too! Lol and so Landon was the pull out method baby. I love all three and don't consider them mistakes!

The pill does the same with me too! I am a mega mega winch!!! DH had to have a tetnus shot a few years ago and passed out at the sight of the needle. He is a big ass wimp!!

Lol oh boy ladies... I havnt even thought of prevention after :blush:. I know so many people that got pregnant while breastfeeding, so I won't trust that method!! I'm also not very good with the hormones in the pill, so I would rather avoid it, if possible. Well and since we do want another one (just not sure how soon), we can't do anything permanent. :shrug:
We may have to resort to condoms for a while :coffee:

Mommabrown I know lots of ladies who got pregnant on yasmin its quite scary!

Steoh my friend in norway got pregnant on the breast feeding method 2 months after giving birth her babies were both born in the same year xx

I think there is a definite difference between a mistake and a surprise. Lots of babies are surprises (as you ladies have demonstrated! Suddenly not feeling confident about ANY contraception methods! Especially since I was on Yasmin when I took the pill!) but it does NOT make them a mistake.

And yeah, hopefully my uncle will stop saying he only ever wanted two, because its too late now. He has three and needs to a) be estactic that he has three very healthy boys and b) grow the hell up! I did tell him one day that if he didn't want any more he should have "wrapped it before you tapped it". He did not appreciate that :haha:

My cycles are so irregular it took us a long while to get pregnant. Now watch me rely on that after LO arrives and get pregnant straight away lol!

Wow, two in one year :dohh:... Lol... My friend got pregnant 3 months after LO and she was soo mad at her OH:haha: after LO 2, he was off limits for a while ahaha

Hahaha poor guy!! X

oh I kept meaning to mention this new app I have on my phone called cow and gate pregnancy diet calculator. Its amazing it helps me keep track of how much fruit and calcium I need to eat ect and tells me when Ive had too much sugar hehe xx

Steph - a girl my SIL knows got pregnant three months after her first......WITH TWINS! Three babies in one year?! No thanks!

Candy, that app sounds good...off I go to get it! (Only if its free...I'm such a cheap skate haha!)

Agreed Doggylover! They are suprises and not mistakes! Some people are not appreciative of their fertility. 15 1/2 months we tried for Emmaleigh and i am very Thankful for her. I said the same watch after not getting pregnant trying for so long i will be knocked up again before you know it.

Steph hopefully the condom method works out. Talking with the RN made me feel a bit more convienced as long as i breastfeed only and don't supplement the hormone that induces ovulation doesn't rise. Of course i have heard of women getting pregnant too. Iam def putting a chasity belt on after Emme is born! Bahaha!!

I downloaded it and put in my days food. I eat so much for lunch it is ridiculous....it took me ages to input that bit!

I am doing great on my carbs and fruit :happydance: not so great on my dairy and meat though.....and my sugar one gave me a telling off :haha: now I'm going to have a yoghurt (yay calcium!) and then some cake (sorry sugar levels....)

My sugar one is always telling me off I like how it encourages me to eat better though. Although the bread and calcium is hard to get up xx

Heya all

Teamo – I love those 4D Scan pictures – simply beautiful!

Kirstabelle – Bless you having to go into hospital to check the baby out, im so glad everything was ok. It seems they do have really quiet periods – even though they’re so scary! I woke up and felt like I wasn’t pregnant the other day which was horrible, just because I didn’t wake up with her moving – luckily by 3pmish she started moving but I would have gone to the hospital aswell if she didn’t perk up!

Ukgirl – hope you feel better soon *big hugs* Im not using anything hormonal wise after this one is born – it messes me up too much and takes too long for my fertility to return, I also have loads of problems with breakthrough bleeding ect so ill most prob just keep an eye on when im ovulating and do it that way!

Doggylover – I don’t know if it will be the same for you, but when DD was born I found I actually had more energy than when I was pregnant. I could be up for hours just watching her sleep and wouldn’t even feel that tired the day after, the sleeping when LO does help loads however, like Kealz I mainly got on with housework and cleaning!!

People do seem to presume they can make comments, like aww your life will never be the same again – ummm surely thats the whole point?!?!?! Or when they start talking, theyll say – awww well when she really starts talking you will want to shut her up!!! Ummm no!! I think some people just have children for the sake of it to be honest and see every responsibility they now have as a burden – very annoying but life unfortunately, people seem to think they can always comment on areas of being pregnant and/or being a mum but everyone is different and takes comments/critisms differently!

AFM - Lexi has been kicking LOADS. Im measuring (belly wise and my measurements) the same as I did when I gave birth to Roxy, BUT my uterus is only measuring 24 =(. Lexi was measuring 27 at my 4D scan so I know shes ok but it stresses me out that she has no room in there. If the midwife is concerned at the next appt ill be going for growth scans like I did with Roxy. Im not really concerned and neither is my midwife. Im quite tall and thin when not pregnant and shes said ill never have big babies (Roxy was 5lb 15 and a half ounces born) so hopefully all will be ok! Im on holiday from work until the 11th Feb and then start my Maternity leave officially at 32 weeks. Its been nice being home with Roxy and having lots of time one on one with her =)

Hope everyone else is well

xxxxxxxx

doggylover: it makes me so angry too when I hear people talk about their children as mistakes or as being unwanted! :growlmad: Sex=babies. If you don't want more babies ever, get something fixed so it doesn't happen! Poor kiddos.

mommabrown: I haven't even really thought about contraception methods after LO arrives! I guess I was just hoping that with exclusive BF it would keep ladies week away for a least a few months. Once that shows up though, I guess it'll be back to condoms for a while till we're ready to try for number two! Twins run in my family, so I definitely want to try and prevent the situation doggylover mentioned of ending up with 3 born in the same year!! :dohh:

ukgirl: I know how the TENS machine works, I just wanted to check with my Dr if they are something that is commonly used here. She said she'd never actually heard of them being used with labour before, so that's a no! lol :haha: Also, your phone app sounds pretty cool.

Steph: We'll likely be back to the condoms route as well... I didn't have any issues while on the pill, but I'm not sure how good it is to take while BF still? I guess it's something I should look into some more to make better decisions.

One more hour till it's the WEEKEND!!!! :happydance:

I joined a local online mom's group (and mommies to be) that hosts various events throughout the week to get moms out and meeting other moms. But almost all of the activites were for moms with LO's already, so I asked to host a specifically mom's to be coffee. So that's happening tomorrow morning!! :wacko: I'm a little nervous about it because I'm pretty shy, but hopefully a few of the ladies will have met each other before and can get the covo rolling. I think there are 5 ladies confirmed so far plus me! So keep your fingers crossed for me!!

ooops sorry readytomum I must have read your post wrong :p What else do people use them for then? I thought they were just for labour xxx

Evening ladies, in regards to people sayin your life is over! That's just rude and horrible to say! Our best friends (or once upon a time best friends) are like that, since we got pregnant with Paige our friendships changed they are gay and living a very different lifestyle to how we do! They do drugs a lot, and before Paige came along I didn't let it bother me but I don't want them anywhere near my child now! But Gary, my oh's mate (his oh is my best friend lol) basically said that father good has changed Stephen and he wants his best mate back and that children ruin you! Safe to say we don't see them ahymore!
As for accidents, Paige was a pleasant suprise!! We had been talking about trying in a year or so, but things happen for a reason I believe! And lil man was very much planned for, you don't realise how much pressure you put yourself under when your actually trying! Paige was a one hit wonder lol, we were trying for about 3cycles, and I know for some ladies who have been tying a lot longer it myst have been agony!
As for contraception, Stephen is getting the snip not long after baby comes as this is our last baby! The pill caused a lot of issues for me, including serious mood swings, cervical ectropian and weight gain and acne! The coil caused an uti after uti after uti and I've heard bad things about the rod in the arm causing mood swings! So we agreed on the snip being the best option for us both :)

I'm really not having a good few days with my blood sugar levels, they have been so high these last 3days and I'm trying so hard! Think I'm gonna end having to have insulin :(
Hope every one has a good weekend!!! Xxxx

Thanks ladies, yes, such a relief to feel her moving around again. Today she was back to her normal self. I hear you ladies with elbows and what not sticking out of you. Sometimes I feel her shift and look down at my bump and can see what is obviously a head sticking out of my side :haha: DH saw that for the first time last Sunday and was like "weird" and then "hurry up and get that head down!" He is all worried about her not being head down. Just as I typed that she did her head maneuver. So ridiculous :haha: I'll have to sit on the exercise ball for a while to get her to shift before her dad comes home and sees her big head sticking up! Naughty baby.

I don't know what we'll do for contraception. I do want to start trying again about 1.5-2 years after this baby. I might actually get fitted for a diaphragm. I know they're not as reliable as condoms but if I got preggo before my goal that would be okay with me :winkwink: And if DH wants something more "reliable" maybe I'll ask for this Yasmin pill :haha:

I know you can use TENS machines for chronic pain as well. I know someone who had one just for back pain. Something to do with regular use creating endorphins and making even chronic pain less or something? I don't know exactly, but I know people use them for other sorts of pain as well. I saw a rental for $60 for a couple of months use here. I read you are supposed to start using them even before you start having contractions to build up the endorphins. When are you planning to start yours Doggy Lover? I am sort of half considering using one. Going to talk to my midwife about it at the next appointment.

ukgirl: From what I understand I think the TENS machines are used for physiotherapy here mostly. :shrug: I'd actually never heard of them until they came up in this thread a while ago, so I feel like even for therapy useage they're not very popular here. I find is so fascinating though how different things are used in different places and how our countries have such different guidlines on things sometimes! It's a bit mind boggling when you think about it!

kealz: sorry to hear you're struggling with your sugar levels still. :hugs: Hopefully they'll come back down soon so you can avoid insulin. But if you do need to take insulin, that's what it's there for!

kirstabelle: I'm not sure I've really seen any noticeable body parts poking out yet, but I keep waiting for it to happen! :haha: I'm planning on relaxing in the tub for a bit tonight, so I'll have some quiet time to focus on my bump. Maybe I'll get a good show. :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->