April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Glad your class was good kristabelle! it is lovely that your well supported afterwards too xx

readytomum i wish there was a group like that near me. I only have baby groups after he has been born. So glad it went well and everyone mixed in well xx

Doggylover have fun at your shower tonight!! People usually buy clothes. I cant wait for my shower. My best friend is helping me out with it.

The police took the bag with the gun and knife in it so whoever it was os going to be shocked when they come to get it! Ive had a much nicer day today :)

Steph - OMG at that girl, she's obviously insecure over you for some reason and feels the need to put you down to make herself feel better. Yea you're gonna get bigger but you're pregnant it would be worrying if you didn't! lol that girl was looking for an easy dig and she got it. Just ignore the silly bitch xx Thank you for saying that about Connie, I hae lost total trust in their school because of all this. I am glad that teachers out there accept quiet kids too! Connie is the only kid in her class who has never been told off or lost her golden time and she is shy so they have singled her out as being scared but the truth is she has 2 boys who she plays with and doesn't get caught up in the girl drama on the playground and she likes being the only one in class who has a perfect record. I don't see a problem with that personally. At home she is happy and plays well with Lucas so I'm not worried.

mommabrown I'm also thinking of removing my children from this school they are at now because of the same thing. I don't think they should be allowed to question the children without permission from a parent first. Or at least giving a heads up.

TeAmo I love those scan pictures!! They are lovely, I will be your text buddy for labour if you like? I'm due a few days after you so you could be mine too :)

Kristabelle - I'm glad all is well with bubs, they are such little scare mongers aren't they!! Benson was very quiet yesterday all day, I had to get my HR monitor out to check him over he perked up after mcdonalds for lunch haha. It's amazing that they can sleep so deeply. xx

Sorry if I've missed anyone out, I'm feeling really poorly today, woke up in the night with stomach cramps and they are terrible this morning, I feel sick too :( I hope it's not that tummy bug that's going around.
I had to wait for Aaron to finish work before taking the kids to school which always worries me because last time they went in late Connie got questioned, I almost considered lying to the school and keeping them home today but Connie wanted to go in so Aaron's taken them. I know now really I don't want to have my children in that school anymore if I can't even feel safe sending them in an hour late when I have stomach flu.

I hope you are all well and feeling good. If I don't reply today it's because I have my head down the toilet xxx

aww yes please hun! that would be fab :happydance: PM me xx

Morning. So the 'shower' wasn't as awful as I expected lol! They got us some lovely gifts, but I have to say because we are team yellow they found it much harder.mfor the other girl who is having a girl, they were able to buy really cute outfits etc, whereas I came home with lots of new white baby gros lol!

But, the best present was from my friend who bought us a little baby sized pair of navy blue Toms!
https://www.toms.co.uk/youth/tiny-toms/navy-canvas-tiny-toms

They are so adorable (and they match the pair I have!) only downside is the smallest size the shop had was little 6, so it'll be a long time before we get any wear out of them! But adorable!

Hi all just a very quick post from me. So sorry I'm not around at the minute - I'm feeling pretty rough. Been back in hospital again on monitors as they where concerned I may be leaking fluid - thankfully I'm not :) bubs is fine at the moment he is 3 5ths engaged what ever that means lol and hb was super - he hated the monitor on kicking it all the time lol! I'm on bed rest now till Wednesday and I have to admitt feeling a bit sorry for my self :( it kills my back to be in bed so long!

Doggylover sounds like it was a great shower and those tons must be extremely cute!!

Steph that girl sounds horrid how rude!!! I can't believe someone would say such stupid things what a cow!!!

Teamo lovely scan pics how exciting to see bubs again :)

Kristabel gosh I bet you where really worried! So relieved ad pleased all was ok - hopefully this means she will be a great sleeper for you! (You can always hope he he)

Ukgirl hope you are feeling better and OMG a gun in the drive that's terrible why a shock!!! So glad one of the kids didn't find it! I think this teacher of Connors sounds like an interfering busy body so sorry you are having this on top of being pregnant!

Readytomum I too wish there was a class like that near me - I'm still new to the area and don't k ow many people so it can be a bit lonley at times. Did you say you found it via net mums?

I will be reading ladies even if not posting much - thinking of you all! Hope everyone is ok!!!

Not long to go now ladies we re all in the final count down!!!

Oh gosh Nimbec, I am glad the fluid situation is OK, and bubs is OK as well.

3/5s engaged (I believe) means that he is just a little bit wedged in there! I think 5/5 is not engaged at all, and 0/5 is literally the baby has his head practically poking out the hoo-haa! So 3/5 is somewhere in the middle! Something to do with the amount of 'fingers widths' of head the midwife can feel in the pelvis.

What I think that means is that your LO is getting launch ready!

Gosh nimbec, your little man means buisness! Make sure u take it easy!
Aw doggy lover so glad your shower went well! It is hard when you don't know what your having for ppl to buy for you, my cousin is due in 2 weeks and she is team yellow! She isn't having a baby shower but I think she will have a welcome party in a few weeks after baby is here so ppl can buy pink or blue then!
I've picked a date for my shower, the 17th march, not gonna be a big one like we had with Paige, I was opening pressies practically all day! Just having very close friends and family! And I don't need much just some clothes and bedding etc so I'm gonna write a list of what I don't need lol like play gym, new baby clothes etc i have it all but older months I need!
We are having a lazy film day today and snuggled up watching disneys princess and the frog! :) love days like this x

:hugs: nimbec you sound like your having an awful time! I am glad you're not leaking fluid though and bubs is doing well. 5/5 is not engaged and 1-0/5 is fully engaged so doggylover is right. 3/5s isnt too bad though and your baby can be fully engaged for weeks before labour so don't worry xx

I have tonnes of BH today, is anyone else having lots of these too? Some are very intense and take my breath away :(

love the shoes doggylover, those are super cute xx

I hardly get any BH at all, which worries me! My uterus will not be labour ready! But I heard they get worse with each pregnancy, which might be why yours are so bad?

Kealz, yeah it was just 5 friends at mine, not huge at all, which is even more than I wanted, but it's nice knowing people care!

I had lots of them with my youngest too and had a 3 day labour so all those ladies who say they make you more ready for labour are liars!! lol I had barely any with Connie and she was average. I have a day with loads of them then nothing for a few days. They suck! x

nimbec: Glad things are still ok! Boy you're having a rough go lately, try to relax and take it easy. (I know it's easier said than done!) I actually found the mom's group on a site called Meetup.com They have interest groups of every variety on there, and there were a few different mom groups in my area so I joined one of them to see what it was about. Basically it's like a message board with events, and people post an event they're hosting, and then members can RSVP to attend that event. Most of them are coffee dates at local coffee shops or lunch dates at a pub, but some of them are exercise based, or sometimes it'll be for a speaker/lecture somewhere etc. There's no cost to join the site or to attend the meet-ups. (Except for your own coffee of course!)

doggylover: I'm glad your dual-shower went well! We have our baby shower next weekend and we're getting pretty excited for it!! It's going to be a pretty large gathering (I have a big family), and it'll be a lot of fun to see what people picked up. We're not team yellow, but no one other than DH and I know what the gender is, so we sort of are team yellow as far as anyone else is concerned!

kealz: the welcome parties are a neat idea! we had originally debated about doing that for our local friends based shower, but decided against it because we had no idea how long it would take to feel well enough to do that since this is our first!

ukgirl: I get what I think are BH once and a while... but it's usually just one or two at a time. They feel a bit strange and awkward, but they haven't been too much of a bother yet. I imagine they'll get stronger the closer I get to my due date though. :shrug:

Oh readytomum I didn't realise nobody else knew what gender you are having! That's so exciting for you to have that secret! Do you think that next week when people are asking you'll be able to keep it in?!

Another gem from a co-worker
"What's your date again?"
"29th March"
"Right, well I hoep you've a bag packed because no way are you making it to the 29th March"

i.e. FATSO.

lol doggylover, I got told this morning that my bump has shrunk.. now I'm insecure over that!! I think people should shut up! xx

Oh goodness why can't people just say nothing rather than something stupid!!!!! Grrrrr there are so many different shapes and sizes people should just keep their nose out!!!

Rant over haha

Just eaten 2 packs of mini eggs oooops I did have home made veg soup for lunch so I hope it kinda makes it better... Also not been taking prenatel as I was so hurrendously constipated on them - now worrying about bubs getting the right vitamins ...

mmmmmmmmm mini eggs. I didnt take vits after 12 weeks with my other 2 and they are fine, as long as you get enough calcium and healthy food in you then its fine xxx

apart from iron, i got put on that in the last tri with Con x

Hello Ladies.... Ugh it was such a busy weekend. Trying to get all caught up with the posts.

Hope everyone is doing well & has a great day!

Hello ladies,

Doggylover, yay for a successful baby shower! :hugs:. If I was going to a gender neutral one, I would just buy a gift certificate :shrug:. That way the parents can get what the need and like! I am very sure, that you will get plenty of use out of the pieces you received! You can never go wrong with white!!

Candy, I only really notice BH when I'm out later then usual... I don't get them much during the day :shrug:.
But.... Grayson has been very specific with his rib kicks, and I feel like those are more painful then BH :haha:

Nimbec, I'm sure your Little man is just trying to keep you on your toes :haha:. He will stay in for a few more weeks!
Don't feel bad about the prenatals... I take them maybe twice a week (since I seem to forget all the other days lol). My iron levels did come back fine though, so I'm not too worried!
I try to remember to take calcium everyday though!! I still remember my biology teacher my first year in collage saying: the female body stores calcium up to age 25, after that age, the more calcium is stored. When you et pregnant, the body then pulls from those calcium storages and if you don't have enough, it will take it from your bone and teeth storages (hence so many women's teeth get worse after pregnancy... And that's why women are more probe to osteoporosis).
Not sure if that is true, but I'm not willing to take the chance :haha:, so I make sure LO gets enough calcium everyday and doesn't have to steal from me ahaha.

Readytomum, I'm going to check out that website! I really need to make some mom friends lol!!

AFM, Rob installed the ceiling lamp that I picked up at IKEA! It is amazing! I truly am lucky, that he is so skilled around the house because the room did not have a ceiling lamp before. He had to run the electrical from the attic and create/install a switch with a dimmer, then mount the lamp in the corner of the room! I will post pictures when I have time but it lovely... I can dim it to low and it looks like 3 dull globes in the corner of the room... Perfect for nighttime hanging and feeding!

well I almost fainted on the way to get the kids from school. I had high BP at the midwife at my 28 weeks check, I've had a sore spot on the top of my bump and light flickers in my eyes and I've been feeling sick lately too, So I'm thinking I might be getting Pre-Clampsia again. I had it with Connie so I know the signs and I'm hoping I'm wrong, I took my HR earlier and it was at 107 which is very high, trying to get to the doctors tomorrow but they are fully booked so I've got to call in the morning and hope someone cancelled. I feel like since being pregnant my life has been an endless drama!! You ladies must think I'm mental lol!! Seriously usually my life is very boring and quiet it's so typical that all the shit should happen when I'm pregnant!

On the plus side me and Aaron went to the discount baby store across the road this morning and found a pram for £99 it's second hand but like new and we can put a deposit down on it tomorrow so she can hold it for us. I think I prefer to buy a cheaper one because I know after a while I'm going to get bored and then want to swap it for a new one. I had 4 pushchairs with Lucas and 3 with Connie and both were walking everywhere by the end of their second year :/

Steph - looking forward to seeing the new lights you got! I love love love IKEA me and Aaron are off there when he gets paid, we were looking at the little moon lamp. I would have a dimmer but we rent and aren't allowed to install anything like that.

OH NO ukgirl..... Take it easy & keep us updated. That is so scary to me.

Steph, looking forward to see some pics of the new lamp!!!

I have a doctor's appointment in the am. Then this Saturday we are getting our last private 3D/4D scan! I can't wait to see how much Mason has changed since the last one!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->