April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Morning ladies :) dh got up early with the dogs today so I got a good lie in, which is nice.

Re: TENS, I have also heard they can be used for people with chronic back pain. I've never heard of anyone who uses it that way I have to say though!

Kirstabelle: my dh also gets weirded out when LO sticks a body part out. The face he was making at my stomach last night, you would have thought I was showing him something grotesque! Whereas I think it's great- it makes me laugh as well seeing those wee bits poking about! With my TENS, I'm not 100% sure when I'll start using it. It won't arrive until 37 weeks, and as you said I read its good to give it a wee go before labour starts, but I'll read through the instructions when it comes and then decide. I'm nervous of using it - in my mind its like getting lots of small electric shocks, which doesn't sound pleasant! But I'm willing to try it!

Kealz: that's awful about the people you used to be friends with. They should be happy for you and oh that you have Paige, and embrace the change. I guess if they won't do that they aren't true friends in the end.

Afm, we are off to pick curtain material for the nursery today :)I want something very plain (ideally plain white, then with a band of light green along the bottom) and my SIL is going to whizz them up when she is over in 2 weeks. We're also getting some stuff for our bathroom as we are redoing it (I've hated it since we moved in!) so a busy day!

Hi ladies, our nursery decal arrived yesterday so we are putting that up today hopefully, we have to take the kids out to the park first. Connie's begging for pizza hut but my tummy is still a bit funny so we'll see.

Hope you find the stuff your looking for today doggylover. Have a lovely day everyone xx

Oh you'll have to show us a pic of your decal! I need to order mine this month.

Got a letter from the hospital today, my iron is low. So have to get some iron tablets from the doctor. I've heard they don't do great things for yur poop so I'm apprehensive about that!

Haha doggylover green slush comes to mind with iron tablets! I just had to come home from the park early because Lucas fell in a really deep puddle I know I shouldnt laugh but it was a bit cute!

Doggylover, if you can get a liquid iron supplement it is much easier on your insides! x

Are any of you ladies thinking of taking evening primrose oil capsules or raspberry leaf tea capsules/tea?? xxx

I dont dare stmw lol I took rlt when I was pregnant with Connie and it made me so ill I had to go to hospotal for monitoring. Im a firm believer in baby will come when hes ready xxx

Stmw I have thought about it, but haven't done enough research to know when to start. I'll probably end up not bothering through sheer laziness haha!!

Ukgirl, poor Lucas! It is a little funny when stuff like that happens though - my nephew face planted onto the road earlier and he had one side of his face covered in muck...pretty funny!

Melissa, thanks for the tip re liquid iron :) I have to get a prescription from my dr so I will ask about it then. Well, as long as I don't need an appointment to get the prescription or baby will be here before that happens!

My brother (a dr) said that often low iron levels in pregnant women are a bit of a false result, as if you have any fluid retention it dilutes the blood sample, and not to be too worried. My normal prenatal vitamins have 100% of my iron RDA so I was surprised to have lower levels, but if I have fluid retention that would make sense. Plus I eat hardly any meat so I guess that's a problem!

Doggylover it was rather funny I have to admit. I love it when my kids get messy. Your poor nephew bless him haha xx

In all honesy with all those labour inducing home remedies. None worked for me. They just made me uncomfortable of you do do it and it works though then well done :)

Ive had the day from hell!! Our fridge broke this morning then Aaron thought he had fixed it so we went shopping to replace the food only to come home to find it had fully broken down while we were out. So we had a huge row over getting a new fridge before going out and buying a small cheap one. Then he made me make dinner while he chilled out in front of the football with his beer. My feet hurt so much I could have cried... omg also this girl on the check out in asda was so creepy.. she started flirting with Aaron in front of me while we were putting our items up. Then I noticed the oranges were moukdy so Aaron went to put them back and this girl was giving me evils then she goes you alright? I was like.. Im fine love.. you? To which she stattex telling me about her plans to go down town tonight so O asked which club she was off to and she was like .. Why!?? Geeze weirdo I was only asking haha.. then she was acting like I was a weirdo because Im mot out tonight and I dont go out much omg she was weird...

Then... as Im typing this the police come to our house because a bag with a knife and a gun was found in our shared drive way!!! Omg!!

OMG crazy day UK Girl, hope it gets better!

The exact same thing happened to me with the iron Doggy Lover. My levels were only slightly low, so not actually a worry but my regular prenatal has the right amount of iron in it, plus I eat loads of iron rich foods from being mostly vegetarian for years and so I am careful and think about it when I'm planning what I'm eating. So I was quite confused. But then me and my midwife figured it out at my last appointment- its all the Tums I take for my horrendous heartburn! Calcium prevents iron from being properly absorbed and I take my vitamins at night before bed, which is also when I usually need my Tums. So one was cancelling the other out. So now I take a straight iron supplement earlier in the day when I don't need my Tums and still take my normal vites and tums in the evening. And my MW also said if your prenatal vitamin has a lot of calcium in it then it can prevent some of the iron being absorbed also. So check your label on your prenatal and see if you also have calcium in it, that might be why you're not getting 100% even though you're taking it. Hope nothing weird happens with your poo :haha:

I have my breast feeding class in an hour. Hope its good!

thanks kristabelle and thank you for the info on tums!! I use them a lot so that is interesting to know!

Oh yeah, and I am going to take Evening Primrose Oil and the raspberry leaf tea. I am going to check with MW when to start. I already have EPO in the fridge from when I was TTC. I'm also going to start acupuncture after week 37. I did acupuncture when I was TTC and am totally convinced that it works. So, I am all for doing it to kickstart labor. Plus its very relaxing. I will do anything to avoid being artificially induced. Fingers crossed!

No worries UK Girl! Yeah mine are the extra strength kind, so here was me taking loads of calcium and having no idea I was shooting myself in the foot! I mean the calcium is good to take anyway as we are growing someone else an entire skeleton, but glad I figured out the iron thing!

Just popping on really quick from my phone... Oh my Candy, what a crazy day!!!!! I guess you could be flattered that the girl was flirting with OH right in front of you hahahahahhahaha ... And as for the police... Wow, wtf lol
Tomorrow will be better

how did your class go kristabelle?

steph - I wanted to claw her face off lol... pregnancy makes me extremely territorial. Its awful :p

lazy dday for me today after yesterdays dramas... I'm 30 weeks today yaaay!!!

Hey ladies!

Just a quick pop in... hope everyone's weekends are going well!

ukgirl: how scary about the knife and gun!! Holy crap!

kirstabelle: how the was the class? did you find it helpful?

doggylover: bummer on the iron! I don't eat much (red) meat either, but thankfully no one has complained about my levels yet.

AFM, the "mom's to be" coffee yesterday morning went really well! There was four ladies plus me. Four of us were due in March or April, and one lady due in July! People were chatting quite naturally with each other even though we'd just all met, so hopefully we can schedule another coffee get together and maybe make some real friends out of it.

Today is SUPERBOWL Sunday here in Canada (and the USA), so even though Sunday is supposed to be our "date-day" I'll lose DH for the day because he'll be watching the football. :growlmad: We never have any time together anymore so it's annoying me more than it normally would. We were supposed to have dinner plans tonight, which were cancelled because the stupid football game. Sigh.

Aw that's nice that you could meet some new mums to be, that would be nice to have babies all the same age and still meet up! We have similar sort of things here, I went to a breast feeding cafe when I had Paige, but it didn't last very long, all the other mums were very clicky and a lot older than me (i was 23) and all seemed very judgy that I let Paige have a dummy etc! So I never went back! It's a game we all don't live in the same area, it would be lovely if we could meet up once a week for a coffee lol!!! X

Glad your coffee morning went well! That will be good to have some people around going through the same thing as you. I know friends of mine have made some really good friends at their post-partum groups and many still get together even though their "babies" have started school!

I enjoyed the breastfeeding class. It was about two hours long and went over all the basics and we watched videos of latching and different holds etc and then we practiced the holds on dolls and were able to ask the lactation consultant questions. She had tons of information and lots of good, sensible advice I felt. Like the birth class I felt like it boosted my confidence. We do get another class in the hospital after LO is born plus we see the LC's every day were in hospital. So I'm feeling quite good that there will be lots of help and support.

And to US ladies she did tell us more about the new program where insurance pays for your pump. At this hospital after you give birth they give you the phone number of their hospital supply co and you call, tell them your room number and they just come and drop off your pump in your room. So check with your hospitals and see if that applies for you too, because that is pretty easy!! I called my insurance and they did give me a list of medical equipment places I was allowed to go and get one locally if I want to go and pick one out. The hospital just has one kind (Medela Pump in Style) so if you want more choices you might want to go and pick your own. There isn't even a $ amount maximum or anything.

Congrats on 30 weeks UK Girl! I love the nice round numbers! The next one is 40! Aaaaaaaaah! :happydance:

Readytomum that's so great about your meet up with other mums to be! Well done on going out on a limb and organising it as well. And five is a nice small number so people can actually chat and get to know one another a bit. Fingers cross ed you ladies are able to meet up again before and after the babies arrive!

Kirstabelle: v interesting about the calcium and iron. I have a high dose of calcium in my prenatal, and also make a point of eating yogurts etc every day, so maybe that's what it is. I got some tablets from tesco to supplement and will take them in the mining and my prenatal at night just in case. Sounds like your bf class was great! And that's so good that you see an LC everyday in hospital. Here you'd be lucky to get five mins from a midwife by the sounds of things!

Ukgirl: crazy day yesterday! Hope the gun and knife were disposed of safely from the driveway?!

Afm, I have my "joint baby shower" tonight. I said to the friend who is the other pregnant recipient of it of we were getting each other gifts, as it seems a bit weird for me to bring each other gifts to a joint party for us. But she said yes, so I then of course have to, so I now have a bag of random bits for her. But I dunno what she needs or wants really - although I don't think she has that much- so I just feel weird about it and hope she likes it. Similarly, nobody asked me if there is anything we need or want, so I hope to heavens they don't buy us something we have, like a play mat, as I would feel so horrible having to say that we have one :wacko:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->