April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

I agree doggylover, I dont find it offensive or funny either.. I would like someone to actually be telling the truth on april fools day about it that would be more fun! :p X

Funny you say that... One of my gf posted her scan pic today (she's 14 weeks but didn't make it fb official until today). The responses were hilarious!!!! People still don't know what to believe

Haha Steph see what you did to Rob IS funny because it was between the two of you. And when is it not funny to scare the shit out of your oh?!?!

TeAmo: I hope Cam is feeling better soon and that he wakes up tomorrow feeling 100%! It must be stressful waiting for LO to arrive whe you've a sick LO at home already. Poor Cam and poor mama!

ukgirl: You need to spray your whole family with disinfectant so no one else gets sick so you can beg for that induction on Friday!! :haha: Hopefully Lucas is starting to feel better at least. Give him lots of snuggles, but don't get sick yourself too!!

doggylover: Maybe you should take ukgirl's strategy and DTD to see if that gets baby out!! Although from your description of how weirded out Simon is by your bump, you might have to fight him for that one. lol My DH is pretty fascinated by the bump, but doesn't touch it very often. Last night he did get a glass out though to try and listed to the heartbeat again. He got a "Star Wars A-B-C" Book from my parents at our co-ed shower which I know he's just dying to read!

Maria: Sorry to hear you're having troubles with BP! We're due pretty close to each other and I know I'm getting to the point already where I'm ready to be done with this... I don't know how some of the ladies who are futher along manage to stay sane!

AFM, I checked out the drug store on my way to work to see what was available for discounted easter goodies.... (since the bunny didn't visit my house this year! damn bunny...) I bought two little KitKat bunny bars, and two little sponge toffey bunnies. And then I bought a giant stuffed bunny for Peter. :blush: It's HUGE and sooooo soft... it will make an awesome photo prop.

Oh and TeAmo I added you on Instagram.

I think im just sljay. Anyone else on there can add me too! Then I can look pictures of your babies more often :haha:

Accepted! I am addicted to it. There will be lots of baby pics on there when she comes :cloud9: and for now you can coo over my beaut of a boy :) xx

It is very played out... But ... I'm ashamed to admit... When Rob and I were first dating, I sent him a picture of a pregnancy test. In the window it said : just kidding!
I made sure he was on the phone with me while he read it... I thought it was funny at the time... :blush:

No that's funny... its not public and between you both. I do shit like that. One of my favourite things to do is to hide in the house and jump out on OH to make him jump! He has even screamed once and oh my gosh did it make me laugh. I am cracking up now thinking about it!! :happydance:

I agree doggylover, I dont find it offensive or funny either.. I would like someone to actually be telling the truth on april fools day about it that would be more fun! :p X

Haha, my mil said yesterday "I won't believe you tomorrow so don't even bother telling me you are in labour" but I was thinking...what if I actually am?! Nobody would ever believe you!!

The boy who cried wolf syndrome! lol.

oh shit I could have played the labour joke!!! I'm really ditzy today! lol

when me and Aaron first started trying for a baby he didn't know much about pregnancy tests ect so I told him if one line comes up it's one baby and if 2 lines come up it's twins hahahahaha he totally believed me!!

he totally did hahahaha!! I was like oh no 2 lines.. TWINS!!! hahaha... how dumb can men get?? lol xx

Ahahhaha candy that is awesome!!!!

If rob is home before I go into labor, I would love to do the water trick (I think candy brought it up for Sarah to do??). But my worry would be, that I would be in the car and on the way to the hospital before I could mention that it was a joke lol

I forgot to comment last week... And I think it was Kristabelle who said it... But I totally seem to be convinced that labor only starts at night! Every morning I wake up and think, well I guess no baby... Then I go to work 100% convinced that nothing can happen until 3am again :rofl:

readytomum yay for discounted easter treats!! I am closing myself into a sterile box armed with detol as we speak! :p

Steph its funny you say that! Both my labours did start at night hahaha, waters mainly go when you are relaxing or when you first stand up too :p I might get Aaron with the water bottle trick just for funsies! I like to wind him up hehehe.

Steph I'm the same, every night I go to bed and think "ooohhh maybe tonight!" Then every morning feels like a waiting game until bed time! Apparently more women do go into labour at night though, so it makes sense!

TeAmo, I loove scaring people - hiding and jumping out on my brother (who is 34...) makes him scream like a little girl. I'm trying to teach his son how to do it in a truly scary manner!!!

Readytomum: I rubbed my bump on Simons tummy today and thought he was going to pass out! I'd have to drug him before we were able to dtd (which might mean we couldn't!) and good woman for buying your own Easter goodies! After I read your post yesterday I said to Simon that he didn't get me anything, and he went bananas reminding me he'd built me a bench for the garden for me and baby when summer comes. Ooops, forgot about that one!!! He was not happy!!

hahaha it is really funny! I used to pretend I had gone out of the door by slamming it then hide under the bed or in a cupboard. pmsl. I havent done it for a while. The best one is scaring them as soon as they come out of the bathroom after a shower. f'in hilarious.

Haha, my mum is so easy to scare. You can come into her house, the dogs wil bark, you open the door to the room she's in and...nothing. So anything you do next to try and announce your presence makes her jump up and squeal. Always makes me wet myself a tiny bit :haha:

hahaha it is really funny! I used to pretend I had gone out of the door by slamming it then hide under the bed or in a cupboard. pmsl. I havent done it for a while. The best one is scaring them as soon as they come out of the bathroom after a shower. f'in hilarious.

:rofl:

I dont dare jump out on Aaron in case he does it back since I saw a clip on youtube with some woman who's waters went when her daughter jumped out on her haha! Maybe now it's a good time to tell him to try to scare me as much as possible :p

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSreZ-rmy7g

Simon must see this video. This could be the way forward (especially if he does it just as I stand up at night :haha:)

Hello Ladies! I still haven't announced my pregnancy on FB, seriously thinking about posting a 40 week pic today :haha: I kept planning to do it and then for ages my bump wasn't big enough and then it started to get so far along that it seemed sort of weird to announce it and then it got to the point where I decided it would be more exciting to randomly post a baby picture :haha:

Yes Steph it was me who said I am waiting every night for labor and then waking up every morning disappointed and feeling like now I have no chance until night time! I'm telling you this is the worst incarnation of "Groundhog Day" ever!

Went for my second "induction" acupuncture session today. He even puts a little electric current through the more significant needles to intensify the process. Just feels like a sort of mild vibrating buzz. Baby kicks a lot during these sessions, much more than when I was just going for the non-induction ones. Maybe she is pissed at her eviction notice :haha: Sorry kid, but you can't live in there forever! They say it takes a couple of days for the acupuncture to work so I have another session tomorrow morning and I might do Wednesday as well for good measure and see what happens. Still swigging my RLT and taking the EPO as well. Also walked to and from acupuncture which is a half hour walk one way. And eating chocolate every day, of course. One of these things has to work!! I would like to DTD as well to see if that works but my DH thinks its too weird now and feels like it would be "inappropriate" :haha:. If LO is still holding out next week though I will be telling DH that holding back the prostaglandins at that point is borderline spousal abuse. I'm sure that combined with my attractive physique will seduce him at once.

Ready to Mum, glad I am not the only one who is planning ahead for photo ops! Your big bunny sounds adorable! I am about to start knitting a little cocoon thing that I always see in pro photos and also a little chunky diaper cover just for the first pictures. I looked into doing the pro newborn photo shoot with all the adorable props and cute set ups but it was SO expensive that now I am planning to DIY.

Glad you got your stroller sorted out too Candy. The Quinny looks nice. I used to see lots of them when we lived in NYC, so they must be good. Here everyone and their dog has an UppaBaby. I think it was subliminal peer group pressure that I have ended up with one too :haha: Their headquarters are actually just outside Boston, so maybe that's why. And I tell you if something goes wrong with my Cruz you can bet I will be beating down the door of those headquarters in person like a crazy woman!! :haha: But I returned the Sola yesterday and the little infant insert for the Cruz is due to come from Amazon on Thursday so when that gets here my stroller debacle will be over! :happydance:

doggylover: Now I have visions of you waking up every hour tonight to stand up, do some squats or something, and then go back to bed. :haha: At least at that rate if LO doesn't show up tonight, you'll be too tired tomorrow to care!

I gave my DH a good scare the other day, and I wasn't even trying! We were at Easter mass on Sunday and I was getting lots of painful jabs in the side so I was rubbing my bump a lot trying to push the random foot back down. The choir they had singing was made up of only 4 people but they were so incredibly amazing singing in chant, that I wanted to record a little bit on my phone to show a friend who also sings.

Apparently poor DH thought I was timing contractions though because I kept turning it over and hitting a button, and then waiting and turning it over again at regular intervals! So he was sitting there panicing thinking I'd gone into labour at Church :rofl:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->