April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Happy Mother's Day ladies! And that includes all the ladies not in the US too since of all the jobs deserving of some extra props being a mama is definitely one if them! So we should def take advantage of two mother's days!

Hope Grayson and Isabelle's poo-slosions stop making them sore and grumpy the poor things. I read that they start to poo a bit less after 1 month when ebf. I guess I have that in store for me as Anna will be 1 month old on Tuesday. It feels like it came so soon yet took so long at the same time just because every day is now much longer since we are up so much of the night too.

That is terrible about your ordeal at the hospital candy. Poor you and benson. All that worry for nothing. Thank goodness it was nothing after all.

AFM sad the weekend is over. I love the weekend because my dh is here and my MIL comes to stay and I get all this extra sleep and other people can hold the baby. Oh well only 5 more days until the next one!

Well was given a remedie for cradle cap by my Granny for Emmaleigh and it really works!

Rub baby oil on the scalp and then brush it with a baby brush and let set (better to do at night before they go to bed ) and wash out(usually that next morning) it makes their hair smell good and scalp so soft! None of my others got this either that I remember of?????

Emmaleigh had a poop just as liquidy as her first one today. I couldn't imagine explosive poo's but I sure hope that baby Gray and Isabelle's get better.

Gripe water has really helped Emme with upset tummies from her Hiccups as they get lots of air with them and causes a stomach ache. Colic still comes around but I think after her long crying spells she is so tired she just goes to sleep.

thanks Kristabelle :) by the way .. does your sling have the upper and loeer railings and do you have to adjust them? x

Mommabrown I was told the baby oil thing for cradle cap too and it really does work! xx

is anyone else loosing their hair? This happens to me everytime Ive had a baby.. for a year after my scalp itches and my hair falls out lol.

thanks Kristabelle :) by the way .. does your sling have the upper and loeer railings and do you have to adjust them? x

Mommabrown I was told the baby oil thing for cradle cap too and it really does work! xx

is anyone else loosing their hair? This happens to me everytime Ive had a baby.. for a year after my scalp itches and my hair falls out lol.

No mine doesn't have adjustable rails, it is just a super basic pouch sling. https://www.hotslings.com is what I have. I just wanted something that we didn't have to do a tummy to tummy position in as that is what she really seems to hate. I don't know if this will last long as its not that comfy having all the weight on one shoulder. But if it makes things more manageable until she fits/likes it in the Beco that I have then I will be happy.

I have found something that she will be put down in! Its this thing. It only lasts about an hour and a half tops so its still not amazing for nights but we're making progress!

Last night was awful though, she just would not go into a proper deep sleep so mama got no sleep at all :cry: Luckily grandma is coming at 2 so I can get a nap!

awww Kristabelle I feel your pain! Benny slept most if the afternoon yesterday then wouldn't settle at bedtime so I had a late night too, luckily the kids are at school in the day so I managed a nap with him after lunch!

I'm going to look for a new sling, I managed to figure my babasling out but I'm not sure if I like it or not yet it's so complicated!

The last thing you need is something complicated. The hotslings is pretty easy, not sure if they are available there. There are also a bunch of people who sell basic pouch slings on etsy. New native was a brand I saw recommended a lot. Hope you find something.

I just realized I didn't write what the thing she sleeps in is. It's the fisher price rock n play sleeper. She usually only lasts 30-45 mins in it. But compared to the zero minutes I used to get that is good. I just can't wait for the deeper sleeping to start omg!!!

Kristabelle, we have the swing and cradle:
https://www.toysrus.com/buy/activit...latinum-edition-cradle-n-swing-x4400-13039765

Grayson used to hate being in it, but over the past week, he has learned to love it! :thumbup: He actually slept for 2.5 hours in it this morning.

Aren't they just heaven sent when you have things to get done?? I was able to get most of my chores around the house done because of it.

How is your help working out? Has she started yet?

Hi ladies, I have 2 devil children today omg! Paige is pushing my limits to the max and James has been so fussy, he will not let me put him down, he is constantly snacking, and doesn't sleep longer than 15 mins at a time!!!! I don't know what's happened to my angel child!!!! Please please please tell me your Los are going through this awful stage!!!! I actually want to pull my hair out!!! He is only happy if he is held upright, so I though that's fine I'll put him in the carrier! Nope!!! Coz I can still use my hands he is not happy!!!!! Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!
Candy how r u getting on with ur sling? Mommabrown I will have to try that, James has ever so slight cradle cap at the front of his hair line.
Kristabelle James usually love his rocker but not today!!!
Steph my ail has a swing I'm gonna ask to borrow, Paige didn't like it but I'm hoping James does! As today was a nightmare tryin to do housework with a mouthy little toddler and a fussy baby!!!
It's safe to say I was naughty and had a glass if wine with my dinner! I haven't had a drink since before I got pregnant as I'm bot really a drinker lol!
Hope ur all ok and those gorgeous bubbas too xxx

WE PASSED BIRTH WEIGHT!!!! :happydance::happydance::happydance:

Peter now weighs 8.5lbs and we no longer have to suppliment with formula!!!

I'm so glad we're done with that silly tube and we can EBF now.

Fingers crossed he keeps gaining like a champ with just BF!! :thumbup:

Aww yay well done Peter!!! And mummy of course! So glad he has gained some weight!!!! And hope it continues too!!! Well done mumma!!!! Xxxx

Kealz, you are not alone!!! To make matters worse though, when Grayson has his moments, I'm not even aloud to sit down. I have to walk around with him on my arm :wacko:

Oh steph I feel for you!!! I had that for the first time yesterday! We were at a friends house and the whole time we were therei was either bf or walking round with him!!! I'm hoping he is just going through a phase!!! I downloaded that wonder weeks and it says he is not his his first leap yet for another 11 days. But all the things he is doing sounds like a leap... I don't understand why it goes by due date as he was 2: weeks early :s

I downloaded the app too and I swear that must be exactly what it is!! I would not doubt that your LO is going through it right now!!!

Oh and Kealz, do try the swing!! This morning Grayson was just not consolable at all. Anything I did, would make him cry more. Out of desperation, I put him in the swing (as soon as he stopped crying for a minute) and that's when he fell asleep in it for 2.5 hours! :thumbup:
He woke up just as needy, but at least I had a break :haha:

Damn I just messages my sil to find out if I can borrow her swing and she has thrown it out as the batteries leaked acid and it doesn't work anymore! I don't really wanna buy one just in case he hates it! Grr lol! Never mind :(

Woo hoo for Peter gaining weight!!!!

Girls I am telling you Emmaleigh was acting just like this....devil child is not the word! Gripe water! I swear by it. It is all natural and so worth the money.

Kealz sorry that both the kids are giving you trouble.
Tonight Allen is taking me out and i want to take both the kids so we will see how our first big outting as a family goes.

Ok...so just me or are we all raising DEVIL CHILDREN at the minute?! :haha: Grayson, Paige and James, Benson, Annelise, Isabelle...they are in cahoots to send us all around the bend!!! :hugs: to all. And may god look favourably on us all soon!!!

Seems only Peter is treating his momma well by being so clever and gaining weight! Well done Peter and readytomum! :happydance:

Well, and Emmaleigh now that she is back on track! :thumbup:

My inlaws have now left. I'm upset for them as they get sooo little time with Isabelle. But I'm glad too :blush: I need to get us back to our schedule to see if that will help my little demon get back to normal. I basically let them cuddle her and do whatever they wanted with her, even when she was screaming and I wanted to grab her back and stick my boob in her mouth! But they deserve all the time they can have with her...I just wish it didn't come at the expense of our sleep!!

So I just fed my demon for forty five mins so she would be asleep when I put her down...set her into her crib and her eyes went :shock: dam her. But I decided I wouldn't sit by her crib and wait for her to sleep tonight (I usually stay 5mins to make sure she's asleep) as I would have no time to myself at all....and she sent herself to sleep without a single cry!!

Now............why can't she do that all the flipping time
?!?!

Oh and Kealz, maybe look on gumtree for a cheapy swing?

Also, I sent my poor child to bed with baby oiled hair :haha: and my kiddo has a mass of hair (you've all seen...you know how much!) so that's a LOT of baby oil!

And I didn't put anything over her crib sheet.....

I think so dl!!! Must be what they are up to!!! All at the same time? Little monsters!!! Actually dl unjust looked on kiddicare (love kiddicare) and found one for £35, and a better one or £45! So I might get one if those! Maybe the better one, and if he doesn't like it, my bro can have it for when his new arrivals come! But it does go up to 11 months so lots no usage time out of it!
Aw it must be horrible for them to be so far away from their gorgeous granddaughter! Dotes have any more grandchildren? Xx

And woo to her falling asleep on her own!!! Usually James is the same, but I reckon I'm in for an awful night!!!! Not at all looking forward to it!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->