April Munchkins 2013- enjoying our wonderful babies!

Roll on Friday!!!
Loads of hugs. I've only been through the 1 Mc, whic
h was 12 years ago now, and I always have that worry. Hope your OK kat xx and ladies who have been through this heartache xx

No both my babies were not back to back.. my waters went naturally with my second too and still longer... i have to say thought that in my second labour i was more relaxed and coped better with the pain which was a plus lol hopefully this one wont be a three day baby!!

I have hypermobility syndrome which is linked with quick labours but it's a bit hit and miss

I quite like the long labour if I think about it as it lasts longer and not over and done with I mean my oldest is 6 lol times passes to quick. Not that I'm asking for a long labour lol

I preferred the longer labor too but the last bit was a bit stressful as they sent me home soni waites it out as long as i could.. I lived on a farm in norway and the closest hospital was 45 minutes away.. when i decided to go to hospital I got down the road from our home and started getting the strong contractions before the push contractions.. when i got to hospital it was too late for the drugs.. gas and air makes me sick so i could only have the morphine and as they changed shifts i got the urge to push so no midwives were with me lol lucky my oh at the time pushed the alarm and they came in time but because i had laboured for 3 days after my waters broke we had to go to intensive care for 3 days which was tough as I have an anxiety disorder lol... i heae in the uk they make you leave asap after having a baby thouh so thats good :p lol

Aww bless lol that's a night mare only problem I had last time was I was high dual due to previous c section kept me in all Saturday on a post Natal ward with new mums and babies with no gas and air they moved me coz I was too loud. Felt like an eternity to get to delivery suit lol Yeh I had my son at 5 and was out next morning at 11 can be as soon as 6 hours here x

Night ladies. For some reason I'm getting very annoyed. Don't you just love moodswings............:growlmad:

5 weeks and 4 day scan baby is great and heard it's little Bitty heartbeat

Attachments

• 20120815_134852.jpg
    20120815_134852.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 10
Phew! I'm offline for a day, and come back to 100's of posts. Welcome all new ladies! Jcombs, I'm so glad you finally have an answer, and it has been lovely chatting with you, so stick around and we can continue to share these experiences. Hope you are still feeling positive! Oh my goodness, spent all last night catching up on 'the midvives' BBC 2 and cried by eyes out all the way through! Am sooooooo glad DH is away LOL. I would never have gotton away with that if he was here.

QUICK QUESTION: Has anyone had precipitous (very fast labour)? I worried because my fourth was born before arrival at hosp. I delived 30mins from first contraction, and there was no other warning sign. My second and third were only an hour also. Now I doubt I'll get a home birth as they seem funny becaus it's no.5...risk of bleeding they say...Hmmmm don't want to scare my poor children half to death or deliver in Tesco lol. Anyway just venting my concerns...I know it's a bit early to thinking about this lol xxx

Wow very fast labours hun! Mine have never been that quick but doc showed a little concern the other day when talking about mine as the seem to halve each time. 15hrs, 7hrs, 3 hrs. She thinks there is a very good chance it will be even quicker this time. There is more risk of bleeding with fast labours. I had heamorraging last time and they put this down to a fast labour. It doesnt seem like you have had a problem with bleeding though. Is the hospital close by? The hospital I always gone to is an hour away?xx

I'm quite active in the pregnancy after losses and the miscarriage communities online and have only come across one person who's had more than one missed miscarriage x

I've had two unfortunately. One at 10 weeks (stopped developing at 6) and one at 8 weeks (stopped developing at 5). Wouldn't wish that on anyone.

Aww bless lol that's a night mare only problem I had last time was I was high dual due to previous c section kept me in all Saturday on a post Natal ward with new mums and babies with no gas and air they moved me coz I was too loud. Felt like an eternity to get to delivery suit lol Yeh I had my son at 5 and was out next morning at 11 can be as soon as 6 hours here x

Omg that sounds horrible! I hope we have easier labors this time round!! Xx

Changed my ticker just for you jcombs35 :)

Thank you. That brought tears to my eyes.:cry: I really hope it happens soon. I can't take 3 more years of this. (It's taken us 2-3 years with our other ones.)

Have doctors found any reason for why it takes so long? X

No I've never had it looked at. We were much more relaxed, I think because we started so young, with our other ones. So I've never really "tried." It just seems that going that long without any prevention, it would happen sooner. I don't know that anything's even wrong. Might have just been bad timing.

my first was 19hrsm 2nd 3.4 hours.. So hoping this one will be like an hour LOL

Lol. Good chance it will at least be fast as your last was 3.4 hrs. I have to agree that faster is better as your not in pain for long but you want to be able to get to the hospital first, lol. Unless of course you have a home birth. :) that's probably my number 1 fear, not getting to hospital in time. Not sure I'd like having the baby in the car lol. Your in Australia right?

Lol. Good chance it will at least be fast as your last was 3.4 hrs. I have to agree that faster is better as your not in pain for long but you want to be able to get to the hospital first, lol. Unless of course you have a home birth. :) that's probably my number 1 fear, not getting to hospital in time. Not sure I'd like having the baby in the car lol. Your in Australia right?
After asking that I noticed your profile and that u r in Australia. Lol should of read that first, lol. I just asked because I'm in Australia too :)

With my oldest, I had to be induced, and it still ended up being 14 hours of back labor, and epidural was useless, with 3 long horrible hours of pushing, after he slightly turned and was coming shoulder first! Second one, 6 hours, 3 pushes, and he slid right out! Then with my daughter, my contractions started in the morning, but every time I would sit down, they would stop. Since I was 5 days overdue, I went ahead and went to the hospital. As soon as they checked me, it really took off. The labor there was 16 hours counting when the contractions first started, but I generally tell everyone it was 4 hours, because I know if those contractions would have kept coming like they should have, it would have been much faster!

When I thought I was pregnant this time, I was a bit concerned about how fast it might come and how far the hospital is from us. My mother in law had her last one in the ambulance on the way! lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->