April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Anyone else having ankle swelling? Swelling for several days now and tonight I've got super sore calves.

No I've never really had swelling but I've started getting cramps in my calves when I'm in bed and stretch my legs. Ouchy!! I think swelling us a good excuse to get your feet up and drink lots of water!! How's your twinny bump doing? X

No swelling ankles, but I did get a cramp in my calf this morning when I was stretching as well. Need to increase my water intake and start eating bananas! Potassium is supposed to help :)

Beautymyth if you choose to go to another group I believe there is one in 2ndTri called AprilBunnies.

Munchkin my MW told me you can get bh anytime starting in 2ndTri, so it isn't too early:thumbup: I've gotten them a few times as well.

Akn how did the birth class go? I've never done one before. Your poor DH, men really do hate stuff like that, but that's good he went anyway!:winkwink: BH are weird. It feels like your belly gets tight/hard (almost like you're flexing) then relaxes. I think theyre annoying but not usually painful.

Button I feel your pain, DD has been coming into our room every morning between 0200-0330:sleep:

Mowat sorry about the swelling, try cutting out some of the salts in your food, that helped my mom out.

Anyone heard from PrayingP? Hopefully she's just busy:shrug:

AFM been very busy with work and Christmas. Been having lots of fun with our Elf on the Shelf! :xmas16:Done shopping for DD/DH, just have to get stocking stuffers and send the parents/inlaws something or another. Not sure what yet.
Saturday I cut my hair off and donated it to Locks of Love. Feels strange as I haven't had short hair since grade school...mine was very long, almost all the way down my back! :shock:

I had a massage today so I'm hoping that might help a little. At least the worst knot in my back is gone!

That's hilarious Munchkin! Well, not really I guess! Has the doctor suggested anything?

Me too, hope she's ok.

I'm off shopping today to start my baby shopping, so excited! I'm going to have a nice lunch and buy lots of pink things.

Yay me too. Hope she's coping ok, considering.

Button: yay! For shopping! I'll stil have to wait until January. My next scan is on the 2nd. Hopefully I'll know by then. Yesterday one of my friends brought me a rocking chair. It looks so comfy for when baby arrives. Ds1 wanted it in his room! Lol! So I said yes, but only until baby comes.

Bought six babygros, a new mattress for the Moses basket and a pink cellular blanket. I wanted to get some cute little dresses but they are all winter ones so I'll wait until they get the spring/summer ones in.

I've been checking if prayingp is posting anywhere else but no sign of her :( I've been slowly been buying nappies second hand (cloth obviously, we're not that mean!!) so I need to do a count of what we've got. I've also got the babybay co sleeper crib ready to put up (bought it when I was pregnant last time) I'm buying a new car seat because I want isofix but it can wait til jab when Chrustmas is over! Other than that I'm not getting much. Looking for cloth breast pads and need to but nipple shells etc (lovely!!) going to try and manage without bottles at all. I only had a few for Charlotte for expressed milk and cos I washed them in the dishwasher rather than sterilising they're all a bit grim looking. I'll probably sterilise and set up the pump and have one bottle ready just in case.

I did have fun, it was weird looking at girly clothing. I'm so used to buying for a boy!

I'm not getting anything else until January now either. I Don't need to get much anyway. I'll have some dummies on standby, not going to get any bottles this time.

I've been stocking up on second hand stuff whenever I see it----just got some more diapers this weekend (cloth too Munchkin!). I think my Mom went crazy with shopping so I probably don't need too much. We're moving in early January so I'd like not to have too much extra to move.

I made that mistake Mowat, started buying bits when I was pregnant with DS then moved at 20 weeks. Luckily I hadn't bought anything really bulky.

I have been getting second hand clothing and stuff as well.. I got a huge bag of baby clothes from a friend.. DH and I were going through it last night.. and he was disgusted by the amount of pink. It was quite funny.

The birth class went good. She is definitely biased to going the natural route, which is fine by me. Although I am pretty sure I am going to get an epidural.. it will give me a lot of relaxation methods to use before I get to that point, or if for whatever reason I have a quick labor and cannot get the epidural.. I am looking forward to the class for sure.

Hello ladies :xmas3: Just finished my yoga class so I'm feeling all at peace with the world:haha:

Still no word from PrayingP?:nope:

Button glad you enjoyed baby shopping! Definitely one of the best parts. What are babygros?:shrug: I LOVE baby girl stuff! I have a lot of clothes left over from my first DD so I wont need to buy any other than Newborn since I don't seem to have much of that at all.

Ummi nothing better than a good rocking chair! I think I lived in mine for the first few weeks with DD cuz she just wanted to nurse all of the time!:dohh:

Munchkin my bottles from DD also look like that from being in the dishwasher lol I just need new nipples for them. I have to have quite a few since I'll be pumping and plan to stock up on expressed milk as soon as it comes in! Have you seen the milk saver breast pads? I'm considering ordering some to try.

Mowat I'm with you on not wanting to buy too much. We finally got approved to move on 8 Jan so I don't want extra stuff to move either. I'm trying to get rid of as much excess stuff as I can!

Akn glad you enjoyed your class! I've heard a lot of positive things about some of the relaxation techniques they teach. I think a lot of those instructors do promote natural birth, which is great if you can do it. I got the epidural and plan to get it this time as well. I think anyway baby comes out safely is the best for that individual mama!:thumbup:

I have a bit of a poor me rant. There is another Marine I work with who is also pregnant. She is 13 weeks and REALLY wanted a boy...like obsessively. Well she knew I was hoping for a boy but am having a girl. Which I'm totally fine with. Anyway, she wanted me to go to her gender ultrasound with her since her husband is out of town. I did and she is having a boy. She was very excited and I was happy for her. Later we went to the mall to eat and she turns to me and says "Are you jealous that I'm having a boy? You can tell me." I was totally stunned. So I just said "No, I'm just happy I have made it this far without miscarrying." WHO SAYS CRAP LIKE THAT?????:growlmad: Everytime she is around me she's CONSTANTLY making comments like "I'm so glad I'm having a boy" or "I'm so glad I'm not having a girl". I'm like....why. I'm SOOO glad Im having a baby period. I just don't understand some people:nope: sorry. end of rant.

Gosh that is annoying StillPraying!! I'm assuming people think I want a boy to get the 'set' so I'm going out of my way to tell everyone I want another girl! In reality I'm our baby 50/50 and will obviously love it whatever but I don't want people to think I'm dissapointed if we get another girl. That's totally insensitive though. Silly thing. I am getting really worried about prayingp. Hope she's ok xx :(

I think unless people have either had a miscarriage or difficulties getting pregnant (or both), or have been around people who are open about their struggles, they don't realize how a healthy baby trumps the gender.

I hope PrayingP is okay. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->