April Showers 2015. 5 pink and 2 blue rainbows so far!

Very true! Although I wasn't bothered about the gender first time either! Is anyone else getting a really hard stiff bump? It's mainly at the top and I thought it was braxton hicks but now I'm not sure?!?

Stillpraying I cant remember what you call babygros in America. They're the all in one sleepsuits with long sleeves and legs and feet. I intend to buy loads because that's all DS wore when he was tiny, far too fiddly getting an outfit on a newborn.

I think that was really rude trying to goad you about being jealous of her boy. Like you said as long as baby is happy and healthy it doesn't really matter. I wanted a girl with my first and was a bit disappointed initially but now I couldn't imagine not having a boy and I really wasn't fussed the second time around.

Button Oh I think we just call them sleepers, and I totally agree. My DD lived in them until about 3ish months. the tiny outfits are cute but not practical! I'm going to buy quite a few also...need to sort through what I have and figure out how much I really need. I think I just need the newborn sizes really.

Munchkin yes! I've been getting that also...I assumed it was Braxton hicks as well. I've also had a few "contractions"? Not sure how to explain it. The pain is the same as a real contraction but I only get one or two and then they're gone. I never had painful Braxton hicks before so I'm really unsure as to what it is.

Thank you for understanding ladies. It's her first baby and she enjoys telling everyone how they got pregnant on the first try yadayadyada.:dohh: Healthy totally trumps gender!

PrayingP where are you?

Yay for starting some shopping girls! I haven't bought a single thing yet! I'm waiting to find out the gender first, if I ever do. I also want to go in the shops to try out some pushchairs and find the best online.

Munchkin: I have a really hard bump sometimes. I find that it kind of hurts too. It's really like a contraction that comes and goes, it just comes and stay like that for hours. I noticed it happens in the evening, especially when I've overdone it during the day. The other night I just couldn't sleep because of it.
Try and see if you can take things more easily maybe?

Still: how insensitive from your colleague! How could we ever be jealous of someone else's baby's gender? I think answered her very well. :hugs:

PrayingP: please come here, we're all thinking about you and worried. xx

My bump is definitely not squishy.. I can tell that when I bend over, it isn't as easy.. but i haven't had any BH type hardness either...

When I overdo it during the day, i get a pretty hard bump at night that keeps me from sleeping. Not nice at all. It goes away after I get some good rest the next day.

I called the community midwives team today because I haven't received any thing from them, when the mw at my booking in appt said she refer me to the consultant ASAP and I should see a mw a consultant by 22 weeks.
Anyway, it turned out that nothing was booked! Argh! However the lady on the phone manage to get me a consultant appointment for Tuesday 2.15! At last!

Good thing you followed up Ummi!

So I failed my 1 hour glucose test! Boo. Just by a little bit, but I have to do the 2 hour test tomorrow. Really hoping I pass!

Hope you pass the 2 hour one succesfully mowat.
I hate those tests, they're just so yuk!

Boo :( why did they make hon have it? I had one on my last pregnancy but only because I was complaining about being thirsty all the time. I don't think we get them automatically here.

No we dont get them systematically here. I get them because of my bmi, but so far so good, never had any problem. I should have mine at 28w, I certainly will have to chase them up for that too!

I have my glucose test on the 2nd.. i will be 24w.. They said any time between 24-28w I could get mine done.. figured I'd rather get it over and done with... Doing it first thing in the AM. I am terrified I will fail it. I am also terrified I am going to puke from the drink...

I got a prenatal massage yesterday.. the lady was AH-MAY-ZING ... She put the right amount of pressure and worked out a lot of the kinks in my lower back.. I am going to go see her once a month until baby gets here... because my insurance covers it.. so might as well. lol

Mowat sorry you failed and have to repeat. That test is awful. Did you eat anything with sugar in it beforehand? I know a lady who failed because of chewing gum!
The first time I did it with DD I puked it up and had to drink ANOTHER one:dohh:
Idk if it's across the US as a whole but I know for my hospital they are automatic in every pregnancy. They typically do it close to 28 weeks unless you have a complication that they think warrants doing it earlier.

Akn you're lucky you get it first thing in the AM, I wont be doing mine till the afternoon so i'll be pretty much STARVING by then lol I am definitely about 100 shades of jealous over your massage! :sulk:

Today is V-Day for me!!!:happydance: Who is left to reach V-day? I will be so happy when we've all gotten there.

PrayingP where are you????

Yay for V day Stillpraying! I've got a week and a half to go for mine.

So glad I don't have to do the glucose test as standard and really hoping they don't find any reason to do it.

Just bought some more clothes for baby as H&M have a 20% off babywear code.

Glucose is standard at my doctors office... boo. The gal said I didn't have to fast, but I am double checking. Fasting kind of worries me, because a lotof times, if I don't eat in the morning, I start to feel really sick. I will have snacks in the car waiting for me.

After I do the test I am going to go get my last name officially changed.. I should probably start practicing my new signature soon :)

Well I did it. It was really difficult, but I held the puke in and managed to finish the test! I think I would have been alright, but because of the fasting I was extra nauseous. I didn't get a phone call this afternoon so I'm assuming I passed. The glucose tests are standard here---I guess in twin pregnancies diabetes is even more common.

V day this weekend!

Well done ladies doing your tests. I had to do it after a d and v bug, god knows how I kept it down!! How's everyone doing otherwise? I'm off to london today for Christmas. Me and dd are getting the train, first class, because oh is coming down on Tuesday. Just trying to get the energy to sort the house out ready to leave!! We really need it after a horrendous few weeks with my gran dying and doing funeral stuff so we can finally get festive now!!
Has anyone thought of any names yet??

By the way has anyone tried pming praying p?? She's not posted anywhere on B and B since she was last on this thread x

I have my brother and BIL and their girlfriends coming over tomorrow for lunch and I have to make mince pies today.

We've decided on Cordelia Rose for a name.

I'm hoping PrayingPixie is just too busy to come on BNB.

I have been thinking about pm'ing PP, but maybe she just doesn't feel like coming on b&b atm.

No name here yet. I usually find the names of my babies until very late 3rd tri! Even with ds2, I wasn't really sure of the name until he was in my arms!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->