***April Sweet Peas*** 204 Babies

What's lamaze hand and feet finders suppose to do?

Wow, what a head of hair Ciara's got, Want2bamom...love the thumb sucking pic, so cute!

555Ann555, thanks! I'm using the Avent manual pump..yeah..I would have loved the hospital grade double pump but the tune of 95 bucks a month to rent it had me turning to my lonely little handheld and propping baby up in the chair in front of me, hoping I can manage to get the 20-30 minutes pump session before he's done with me singing songs and yakking at him, heh.

Bobobaby, what lovely photos! She's really got great head control, and the mirror pic is really sweet. I did the same with my man in the mirror and it was so fun to see him react to seeing himself.

Sabriena, he's a handsome little fella! The first pic is great, he's got these mischievous little eyes, haha...he's got really great skin too :)

Here's a couple of new ones of my man. I mean to take some more ''pose-y'' type ones soon too but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm putting the funny face first pic on because it was one of the first really good breastfeeds AT the breast that I got after all these weeks of working on it, and I was really happy to see him in his ''boobie drunk'' state afterwards, so I had to take a picture, haha

Attachments

• Happy on the boob July 2010.jpg
    Happy on the boob July 2010.jpg
    23.2 KB · Views: 2
  • Little monster Tiernan July 2010.jpg
    Little monster Tiernan July 2010.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 2
Lelaina rolled over for the first time today!! I was so excited I was screaming!! :D

Wow, what a head of hair Ciara's got, Want2bamom...love the thumb sucking pic, so cute!

555Ann555, thanks! I'm using the Avent manual pump..yeah..I would have loved the hospital grade double pump but the tune of 95 bucks a month to rent it had me turning to my lonely little handheld and propping baby up in the chair in front of me, hoping I can manage to get the 20-30 minutes pump session before he's done with me singing songs and yakking at him, heh.

Bobobaby, what lovely photos! She's really got great head control, and the mirror pic is really sweet. I did the same with my man in the mirror and it was so fun to see him react to seeing himself.

Sabriena, he's a handsome little fella! The first pic is great, he's got these mischievous little eyes, haha...he's got really great skin too :)

Here's a couple of new ones of my man. I mean to take some more ''pose-y'' type ones soon too but haven't gotten around to it yet. I'm putting the funny face first pic on because it was one of the first really good breastfeeds AT the breast that I got after all these weeks of working on it, and I was really happy to see him in his ''boobie drunk'' state afterwards, so I had to take a picture, haha

haha thanks..don't be fooled by the skin, it's edited. All but the last one :p The boobie drunk picture is absolutely adorable!!

Rolling already? That's amazing!! Way to go Lelaina!!

I've not been posting in here much lately, although I have been keeping up with what's going on. Looks like we're all going pretty well, huh?

I had those hand & foot finder things for Freya when she was little, and found them to be pretty much useless. I think they're popular because mums think they're cute, and we all want our babies to progress quicker than everyone else's baby.

Ollie is doing really well. He is so much fun now - he chats away and squeals SO loudly, and I just love to make him laugh. Last night he slept for over 9 hours, and may have gone longer but I had to wake him to take him to the babysitter! I hope he keeps that up.

My OH took Freya to England yesterday. It was a last minute trip, because his nana is very sick. I wish I could have gone too, but I just started back at work last week so the timing couldn't have been worse really. They're away for nearly 3 weeks. It'll be nice for Freya - she can meet the English side of her family properly (she last saw them when she was just a baby), and she'll love having all that time with her dad. I miss them though.

Everyone's LOs are looking so gorgeous! Here are a few shots of Ollie.
Take care all. xxx

Attachments

• DSC_0062.jpg
    DSC_0062.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0063.jpg
    DSC_0063.jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1
  • DSC_0066.jpg
    DSC_0066.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 1

They're wrist rattles and socks all with garden bug rattles on them - They're supposed to encourage little one to take notice of their hands and feet. But if nothing else they're just VERY cute :)

Great pics everyone - Really must get some of mine sorted soon xx

WEIGHT GAIN ISSUE

Could really do with a bit of help and advice...

Jess has stopped following the centiles! She was on the 75th, but then lost a little bit of weight when she had a cold and dropped to the 50th (at 7 weeks). Now, instead of following the centiles, she's just taking her own little straight, nearly flat line across the centiles and is now nearly on the 25th centile (at 11 weeks).

She's still breast fed exclusively and feeding well every 3-4 hours. The only feed she skips is her night feed, sometimes going from 11pm - 8am for a feed, but she certainly makes up for it with her next feed.

I just don't understand why she's not putting the weight on, especially as her vomitting has now calmed down quite a bit.

Don't know if knowing her weight will help... But this is what her weight has done so far:
Birth - 9lbs 6.5oz / 5 days - 8lbs 15.5oz / 10 days - 9lbs 3.5oz / 2 weeks - 9lbs 6.5oz / 3 weeks - 9lbs 8.5oz / 4 weeks - 10lbs 4.5oz / 5 weeks - 10lbs 13oz / 6 weeks - 11lbs 1oz / 7 weeks - 10lbs 13.5oz / 8 weeks - 11lbs 5.5oz / 9 weeks - 11lbs 10oz / 11 weeks - 12lbs 0oz

Just a bit worried that the Health Visitor hasn't picked it up.

kimmyjane - I'm surprised the HV hasn't said anything. Ellie went dropped a centile at 8 weeks and they made me come back in 1 week and then 2 weeks to check it rectified itself.

I didn't breastfeed for long so don't really know what to suggest except perhaps pumping for a while to see if it's supply?

You're doing a fab job and your LO is still gaining every weigh in so try not to worry. [[hugs]]

Don't think it's supply, as I'm leaking all over the place if she's even 10 minutes late for a feed, lol. Skipping her night time feed is killing me, as I'm sooooo full in the mornings that I've got to pump prior to feeding her to avoid her choking on the overflow of milk...

Going to get both kids weighed next week, so fingers crossed it will be picked up.

Thanks Mrs R, I've been quite worried about it. But thought it would have been picked up if it was as bad as I thought.

I would think as long as she's gaining weight, and seems fine in every other way, that all's well? There's a thread on here for slow gainers so I get the impression that some babies don't follow the textbook guidelines for weight gain but are (obviously) just fine, so it's probably individual to an extent. But it's definitely worth discussing next week when you bring them in to be weighed. On a sidenote to that, my public health nurse spoke to me before about making sure baby T got enough of the hindmilk as she said that's where the fat was and that's what would really put the weight on him. She said the hindmilk came in after ten minutes feeding so said to be sure to encourage a good 15 minute feed (or longer) on one breast at a time. She suggested (when he was losing weight) that I could express for a few minutes first so that when I put baby to the boob, that he was getting predominantly hindmilk. Not sure if any of those things might apply to you as not sure you actually have a problem at all per se, but it's an option to get fattier milk into baby if it comes down to that. :)

kimmyjane84- I understand completely what you are going through because we went through this and kind of still are with Kinleigh. Kinleigh is 16 weeks and 1 day and she is STILL wearing newborn clothes. She weights roughly 9lbs give or take a few oz. When I was nursing and my milk supply was up there and she was eating all the time, she would only gain a few oz. She's not even in a percentile. When the dr told to stop nursing and feed her a bottle of EBM instead ( so I could measure how much she was) she still only gained a few oz. So the doctor told me that my milk was missing something that she need. After being on formula for almost 2 weeks she had gain almost a full lb. In the month of being on formula only she is starting to fill out a little bit. I hope this helps you. I'm not trying to tell you to stop BFing, I'm just sharing what happened with me. I wish I was still Bfing, I miss the bonding but I know what I'm doing is helping her grow.

Kinleigh is 16 weeks old. Where did the time go? The only thing helping me deal with her getting older is the fact that she so tiny. She is so vocal now. I walked in on her having a conversation with the air last night. she was just laughing and cooing up a storm. It was so cute. My bestfriend who lost her baby two weeks after I had Kinleigh says that she was talking to her little boy.

Hello ladies
Wow its been a while and cant believe all our babies are coming on four months :) HAve been reading back for the last few weeks and seem to be having the opposite problem to some of you . Elle is huge lol, she is nearly double her birth weight at 15lbs and in 3-6 month clothing that seems a little snug! I had to stop bf as have a severe iron and b12 defiency that could pass over and so she is ff now.

She is sleeping mostly 10pm - 8am or 7pm-4am-8am which is fab. Cant believe How much she has changed and love all the chuckles and gummy grins I get :)

She is now in her own room as she couldnt stretch out in her moses basket and she seems to love all the space..
xx

Aw I just found this group :D I posted in it a while ago saying I was due the 5th april and on team yellow. Well I had a little girl 17th April. Was nice to read how all the other Mums and babies were getting along :D

Aw I just found this group :D I posted in it a while ago saying I was due the 5th april and on team yellow. Well I had a little girl 17th April. Was nice to read how all the other Mums and babies were getting along :D

I'll update the list for you in a little bit. I have to get the little ones to bed here soon. Congrats.

Hey girls if you know of anyone that has had their LOs let me know. I'm going to start working on the front page once the lo's go to bed.

Sorry that I haven't updated the list yet. I start to an then one or all of the gis need me. I'll get it soon. Promise. :)

I just saw this list and thought "that's odd, someone's making a new list" but then realised it's the April 2011 mummies! https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/378537-april-sweet-peas-join-here.html

Crazy!

Hope everyone's well x

I just saw this list and thought "that's odd, someone's making a new list" but then realised it's the April 2011 mummies! https://www.babyandbump.com/pregnancy-first-trimester/378537-april-sweet-peas-join-here.html

Crazy!

Hope everyone's well x

Some of the people in there just had a baby from April this year! I couldn't do it! hahaha

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->