***April Sweet Peas*** 204 Babies

Hmmmm, not so good here :(

We've been messed around no end with Jess's reflux and although she got temporarily better, she's now back to the way she was. Doctors say she's "just a sicky baby", but I'm not so sure!!

Still breast-feeding :) Even though Jess is a little milk monster, feeding ALL the time...

I don't know... Just thought I'd be doing/feeling better than I am at the moment :(

Aw, sorry to hear you're having such a rough time right now. I'm sure it'll get better soon enough but I imagine going through it at the moment makes it seem like forever. I too thought I'd have everything sorted with my own breastfeeding journey, but alas, I'm still in the ''working on it'' stage rather than the smooth sailing stage. I guess in the end there's no timeline for these things and each situation is unique.

girls i need your help before I drive myself crazy. lol

So I had my LO on March 30th she is 15 weeks. She breastfeed up until 2 weeks ago(13 weeks). at 7 weeks after birth I spotted for 2 days, I chalked it up as a lite period due to breast feeding. At a 11 weeks( 23 days later) I spotted for 3 days and then had heavy bleeding for about a week. that was last month. I stopped breastfeeding at the beginning of my cycle and I'm now 6 days late. Is it normal to have an irregular period after weaning?

For the record. I took a test and it was neg. I'll probably test every couple days until i get my period. I'm crazy like that.

I would think it would be irregular due to breastfeeding. With my son, my periods came back a bit irregular at first (after we stopped breastfeeding) and I seem to recall it took a couple months before it assumed regularity.

Same here... With Harry I had a couple lots of spotting and one really heavy period - That was over a 5/6 month period of time. Periods never really came back 100% prior to getting caught for Jess. However, this time around I've already had a fairly light period (slightly more than spotting) in the 11 weeks since Jess was born. I'm expecting things to be similar to last time really - When I stop breast feeding things will probably take a while to get back to normal.

thanks girls.... the last three times I was on BC shortly after birth so that made my periods regular from the get go. This time around I'm not on BC but using protection so it makes sense that my period is messed up. I also BFed a lot longer this time around.

How is everyone doing?

We're alright, Gabriella is a wee sweatheart, and is following the 50th centile, so doing just fine on the combination feeding. I've started taking milkthistle, and fenugreek in the hopes that it'll increase my supply, and I have the GP next Friday so I'm going to ask as I heard there was an anti-emetic that increases your supply too... I'm not pumping faithfully enough though, probably every other day :dohh:

Gabriella has her Christening on Sunday so I took a couple of photos of her in her gown ahead of it to frame for the godparents, so here is my wee puddin'

https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/555ann555/450ChristeningPortrait3.jpg https://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a354/555ann555/450ChristeningPortrait2.jpg

Now you share an update photo of your wee ones! Go on :thumbup:

Kinleigh Isabella is 15 weeks and 3 days today. She has finally gain wait and her dr is very happy with her. she is now over 9 lbs. Thank goodness.

35764_405737835898_550405898_4945358_3226579_n.jpg

I love the onesie on Kinleigh, lol...too cute..bet you're delighted with her weight gain. :)

Those are adorable pics of Gabriella, how did you manage to get such a lovely face shot in there? Really pure and lovely :)

I don't know what an anti-emedic is but my breastfeeding consultant had me on motilium 3 times a day for a couple of weeks to up my supply. Been having porridge every morning for breakfast and drinking 2 or 3 cups of fennel tea a day. On top of that though, the thing that mainly gets the milk supply up is pumping, pumping, pumping. Every 2 to 3 hours is what I did, for a number of weeks really. I took a break at night though and just did the one or two mid-night pumps. Obviously there would be situations and days where I couldn't follow this regime to the T and I didn't worry about it. I would just pump as soon as I could, basically. After all that I've been exclusively breastfeeding AT the breast now for about 4 days. I've finally reached the end goal and feel it's in my grasp now. Just in the tentative early days of ''established'' breastfeeding at this point. It's rough work but really worth it, I think.

Now I just pump after a feeding rather than every 2 to 3 hours, and that seems to be working ok so far..

I gotta transfer my pics onto the computer then I'll post an update. :)

Photos! All the babies are looking gorgeous! I love Gabriella's christening dress x

Here are some of Eloïse:

Attachments

• 34054_10150236755515537_750200536_13419081_1814056_n.jpg
    34054_10150236755515537_750200536_13419081_1814056_n.jpg
    35.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 35360_10150236707030537_750200536_13417776_4215811_n.jpg
    35360_10150236707030537_750200536_13417776_4215811_n.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 2
  • 34862_10150238482925537_750200536_13470263_6200905_n.jpg
    34862_10150238482925537_750200536_13470263_6200905_n.jpg
    43.5 KB · Views: 2
Haha, she's too cute. I love the comb over do in the third pic. You're looking great too, mama :)

Hey girls! Haven't been around as much, but here are some pics of my little princess!! She just turned 3 months, wow how time goes by so fast!!!

Attachments

• IMG_1849.JPG
    IMG_1849.JPG
    47.8 KB · Views: 2
  • funnyhat.jpg
    funnyhat.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_1732.JPG
    IMG_1732.JPG
    21.7 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1833.JPG
    IMG_1833.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 1
  • IMG_1842.JPG
    IMG_1842.JPG
    54 KB · Views: 2
Yeah! I finally get to see Eloise' smile :yipee: She's such a wee sweatheart! Are those the Lamaze hand & feet finders she's wearing in the first photo? If so, does she notice them? (I keep swithering over whether to buy them everytime I spot them in Tesco!)

Mummyof3girls, it must be a huge relief now Kinleigh is putting on weight, though you'll have gotten great use out of her neborn sized clothes :winkwink: I just had to take most of Gabriella's newborn stuff out her wardrode, that was more emotional than I though it'd be!

Minstermind, you put so much work in! I'm so, so impressed with your dedication to it and it really sounds like all that hard work is paying off :thumbup: What breastpump are you using? I have an Amelda electric pump on loan from our local Community Mother's project, but I'm only supposed to get it for 6 weeks and have already had it 8, so I'm sure I'm going to have to buy my own one soon...

OMG! look at Ciara sitting up like a pro! That's brilliant! Gabriella's almost 13 weeks and I thought she was doing well having mastered holding up her head, but look at how well Ciara is doing! :D

Those are adorable pics of Gabriella, how did you manage to get such a lovely face shot in there? Really pure and lovely :)
I took 120 photos :haha: Not all in her Christening gown, but 120 that morning! :blush: The wee monkey was kicking and squirming, and waving her arms about like usual, but because the light wasn't great half of the photos are blurry as the speed wasn't high enough, so I maybe got about 30 usable photos out of the 120! I've got a couple of real grinning ones when she's in normal clothes :cloud9: I was standing over her with my camera on a tripod and trying to grab her attention with the mblie she loves while making every possible silly noise! Whatever works, right? :blush:
I gotta transfer my pics onto the computer then I'll post an update. :)
Come on then... :winkwink:

555ann555- Her gown is so pretty. What a precious doll!

mommyof3girls- That is so great about her weight gain!

mrsraggle- Love the look on her face in that 2nd one!

want2bamom- Your daughter looks like a porcelain doll!! What a beauty, I love her hair!

Anyways, Hey ladies, sorry haven't been on for a week or two. Here's some recent photos of my baby girl! :flower:In the 2nd to last photo she discovered that she was looking at herself in the mirror and was giggling and giggling!! It was the most and loudest giggles we've gotten out of her yet.:cloud9:

Attachments

• babe.jpg
    babe.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 2
  • babecat.jpg
    babecat.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 5
  • baby.jpg
    baby.jpg
    70 KB · Views: 2
  • giggle.jpg
    giggle.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 3
  • laine.jpg
    laine.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 3
Everyone's little ones are getting so big, it's hard to imagine a couple months ago we were all pregnant! I can't believe how cute all of them are as well! Their generation is going to have some gorgeous people! :D

Sorry I haven't been on the thread very much. I've been reading it,but haven't posted in here!

Duncan is doing fantastic. A couple more weeks and he'll be 3 months already! I was going through pictures and I still haven't taken any with him! That's pathetic so I have to get on that!

I guess I could show some of his newer photos I've taken...hard to pick from them though! haha

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4076/4789326852_3353ce4b59.jpg

https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4114/4797789495_e7881a859c.jpg

I love his little boobies in this one haha:
https://farm5.static.flickr.com/4097/4789327114_e281a3cc5f.jpg

Here's my favorite of his face up close:
https://farm2.static.flickr.com/1207/4722254253_1b43cba0ee.jpg

Sorry...I kinda got out of control :p

Yeah! I finally get to see Eloise' smile :yipee: She's such a wee sweatheart! Are those the Lamaze hand & feet finders she's wearing in the first photo? If so, does she notice them? (I keep swithering over whether to buy them everytime I spot them in Tesco!)

:)

Yeah they are, but she hasn't noticed them at all to be honest. I keep going with them once or twice a week and hope one day she will!

:)

Yeah they are, but she hasn't noticed them at all to be honest. I keep going with them once or twice a week and hope one day she will!

I've got the same ones for Jess. The only time she's noticed them is when she was trying to chew her hand the other day and it got in the way!!

Great pics everyone - Will sort some out soon :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
oneandonly
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->