April's Spring babies 2013 ---- Babies are arriving

Love the bumps girls :flower:

I guess its natural for us to be thinking of the weeks ahead and wanting to be involved in those chats :thumbup: Cherry i agree we need an inbetweeners section :haha: still, im settling for noseying in both Second and Third tri threads for now LOL

Man my bump is massive these days and im ohhhh sooo hungry!!! i have eaten so much over the last few days its crazy - i hope my little man is growing away nicely in there :haha:

Has anyone had that gluecose test yet? I got mine on 28th and i heard you have to sit around for 2 hours...YAWWWWN!!! I dont live far from the hospital, might ask if i can go home so i dont need to get so bored :shrug:

I got my gtt on the 17th, yeah I hear its quite a long appointment.

Haha Cherry, I've been doing the same thing. I've been creeping all the birth stories which just makes me more anxious for my time to come! :D

Jenny do you think they would let us go and come back rather than waiting? I only live a short drive away, would be way more comfortable at home than sitting around the hospital :shrug:

Jenny do you think they would let us go and come back rather than waiting? I only live a short drive away, would be way more comfortable at home than sitting around the hospital :shrug:

I dont know hun, its worth an ask though at least.

I had my gtt last week I was not allowed out of the ward nevermind hospital was hell so bored I work in the hospital as well and the knew I only wanted to go to my ward but nope I paced around for 2 hrs think I really annoyed them as they kept making comments lol

LOL thanks Rah shame they wouldnt even let you sit in your ward, at least you could have had a chat or something...do you think its the same most places? Im dreading the 2 hour wait - i think i will ask like Jenny says, at least if they say no i know i tired hehe :flower:

Its prob to cover their backs since they have asked you not to eat etc just in case you faint or something
you can only ask :)

Its prob to cover their backs since they have asked you not to eat etc just in case you faint or something
you can only ask :)

That sounds about right LOL ohh well will just have to bring lots to read and DH to waffle at hee hee :haha:

Unfortunately I came home this morning from work, and began having contractions. They started out light, and then progressed to every 3-5 minutes, lasting 30 seconds for over an hour. I began experiencing cramping and back pain. Luckily with the help of my midwife, we were able to stop them. She told me I'm not to go to work tonight under any circumstance (I work night shift). I'm only 27 weeks, so of course I'm terrified as this is how my last daughter came, but at 34 weeks. I've been having a lot of complications for the last 2 months almost, and I was told there's no way I'll make it to my due date. I just really hope she at least holds off until I'm 30 weeks :(

Unfortunately I came home this morning from work, and began having contractions. They started out light, and then progressed to every 3-5 minutes, lasting 30 seconds for over an hour. I began experiencing cramping and back pain. Luckily with the help of my midwife, we were able to stop them. She told me I'm not to go to work tonight under any circumstance (I work night shift). I'm only 27 weeks, so of course I'm terrified as this is how my last daughter came, but at 34 weeks. I've been having a lot of complications for the last 2 months almost, and I was told there's no way I'll make it to my due date. I just really hope she at least holds off until I'm 30 weeks :(

Ohhh Dessy big hugs :hugs: im glad you managed to stop the contractions though hun :hugs: i hope you manage to keep the contractions away for a few more weeks but try not to get stressed hun thats the worst thing for you right now :hugs: try and rest and dont even think of work for a while :flower:

xxxx

Ohhh Dessy big hugs :hugs: im glad you managed to stop the contractions though hun :hugs: i hope you manage to keep the contractions away for a few more weeks but try not to get stressed hun thats the worst thing for you right now :hugs: try and rest and dont even think of work for a while :flower:

xxxx

Thanks for the support :) ... Unfortunately I began having more contractions tonight but not as regular. So I'm officially on bed rest for the next week now. There's a good chance I'm going to go even earlier than expected, but she's hoping to get me to 32 weeks :( I'm very upset as I have a toddler and I work full time since I'm a single parent receiving no support/help from the father. I just don't know what I'm going to do.

Do they know why your contracting hun?

Hope baby stays in there as long as possible xx

Thanks for the support :) ... Unfortunately I began having more contractions tonight but not as regular. So I'm officially on bed rest for the next week now. There's a good chance I'm going to go even earlier than expected, but she's hoping to get me to 32 weeks :( I'm very upset as I have a toddler and I work full time since I'm a single parent receiving no support/help from the father. I just don't know what I'm going to do.

Im so sorry to hear that hun but bed rest is the best thing for you right now, can your family help look after your toddler? You definitely need support, this is the time to lean on anyone and everyone you can for their help and support :hugs: Have you got close friends you can lean on for support?

Try not to get stressed hun, the baby has a good chance if they are born now, my niece was born at 26 weeks 13 years ago and she is a strong and healthy 13 year old :flower:

I hope they can get you to the 32 weeks hun :hugs:

Dessymarie, I agree with Smanderson! Is there any support for you! I'm so sorry to hear that! It happened to my friend and they managed to keep baby in there for a further 5 weeks so I'm really hoping that will happen to you! Xxxxxx

Hey guys

They're not really sure why this is happening, but they're hoping by staying on complete bed rest for a week, the contractions will at least lessen, and then I can go back to normal activity. So she said she will re-assess this at the end of the week.

I do have lots of famliy and friends, my mother is on vactation at the moment for almost another week. I still have my sister, my father, my grand mother and my daughter's baby sitter is aware of what's going on and has agreed to keep her on my "normal" work schedule though I will not be attending for the next week. My mother has also offered to assist me financially for anything I can not cover.

Some of my moms best friends are basically on call day or night as they said to me in case I need anything. So I'm very blessed to have them all supporting me so much, as I know I need to take my midwife's instructions seriously.

Thanks for all the support, it's greatly appreciated. I just need to vent. It's already hard enough not having a partner around for help and emotional need, but for this to happen when your trying your hardest to support yourself and daughter, is just so much to intake.

Dessy thats fantastic you have so much support, im glad to hear everyone is rallying round you and offering any help they can :thumbup: Its times like these we realise how wonderful people can be :flower:

Understood about venting, i think we all need it sometimes no matter how much support there is outside of B&B it helps to chat on here too :)

I suspect you will be on here a lot this week with your complete bed rest, hope there is some good TV too, to help keep you entertained :thumbup: keep your chin up hun and keep resting :hugs:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->