April's Spring babies 2013 ---- Babies are arriving

cherry: omg!! Love the pics! I was going through my progress pics this morning as well and I was like holy crap!! How are our bodies doing this? lol

today I am 25 weeks and I read what my ticker said about the baby being able to respond to outside noises so immediately I was like: Eli is that true? can you respond to my voice? whatcha doing in there? lmao he does respond immediately though when he hears my hubby, such a daddy's boy already

https://i46.tinypic.com/mwps46.jpg

Looking Good!!!

cherry: omg!! Love the pics! I was going through my progress pics this morning as well and I was like holy crap!! How are our bodies doing this? lol

today I am 25 weeks and I read what my ticker said about the baby being able to respond to outside noises so immediately I was like: Eli is that true? can you respond to my voice? whatcha doing in there? lmao he does respond immediately though when he hears my hubby, such a daddy's boy already

https://i46.tinypic.com/mwps46.jpg

Unfortunately, my work hired me on knowing I was pregnant, but it's a 6 month contract there, which would have ended March.7th unless they decided to keep me on for good. But because my contract isn't up, I can't take sick leave or be covered or missing or anything of the sort, and I'm not together with the FOB.. so mat leave is all I have.

Cherry what a huge difference

Doll looking amazing

I've been getting very painful shooting pains through my cervix and my lower back is seriously getting worse as well as the cramping :( I don't know what the heck to do.

Ohh Dessy i defo think you should call the midwife and if its really bad get to hospital for them to check you out :hugs: i have read of something called lightening crotch that isnt nesecarily labor but when baby knocks the cervix - might be that? :shrug: I really hope they will let you start maternity leave hun at least you wont need to worry about work and can settle in to relaxing and bed rest :hugs:

Doll your bump is so beautiful :flower: my little monster only wiggles when he wants to LOL if i put my hands on my tummy i rarely feel him, even if he had been wiggling he stops :haha:

Cherry thanks hun she is so cute :flower: yes i'll defo let you know - knowing my luck all the birthing pools will be busy on the day :dohh: am keeping everything crossed all will be ok though :thumbup:

Yep just a week and i'll be there too yipeeeee :happydance: are we going to have another April babies thread or should we all join the March April babies?

Have just had another contraction attack tonight. Had them for about 45 minutes straight. Jumped in the bath, which has calmed them down, but not completely made them go away. My hips, thighs and lower back are all just so sore. Going to go to bed soon and see how I feel in the morning. One way or the other I'll be giving my midwife a call to let her know that I've still been getting contractions and see what she thinks I should do. Some of them were lasting for a minute tonight. I found even when I changed positions, or got up and walked they didnt stop. I swear I feel like I have my period too with all the cramping I've been getting.

Hun, that all sounds like you need to see the doc or midwife, please try calling the maternity ward before you go to bed. Its worth just a quick call hun im sure they will offer some extra advice to help you sleep tonight xxxxxxx

Dessy: yeah it sounds like they should monitor you very closely, I think a doctor should definitely see you! Hopefully they can keep the bubs in there for some time still.

and thank you mommas! I feel huge and bloated... my ankles look so funny.. I am definitely retaining water, yay =)

Called my midwife this morning. Another week of bed rest for me for sure. I go tomorrow for an ultrasound to check the baby's growth, if my placent has moved and also to check my cervix. I was told if my cervix has changed at all, even shortened, I'm stuck on bed rest until I give birth. Does anyone think it's possible that my cervix could have stayed the same even throughout these contractions? I'm seriously hoping as I don't want to be on bed rest any longer.

Dessy im surprised she didnt want to see you to check you over but im glad your going to get scan and checks tomorrow. I'll keep everything crossed for you hun :hugs: i have no idea about cervix though sorry hun :hugs:

Thanks Doll: strange how our body accompany being pregnant. Your bump looks amazing to :).

I agree Dessy i hope you manage to get looked at soon. would hate to be on bedrest for so long to but if i helps keep baby in there longer then it might be a good thing. xx

Dessy, Keep us posted on everything.
As for me I had the GTT test this morning and got some deals on diapers and formula at Target and CVS.
I got 50% off goodstart and 5 packs of huggies for $40!

smanderson and I have already joined the march/april babies =) joins us when you want.

On another note I have been looking up A LOT of baby stuff and my registries are full but I finally settled on a portable crib with wheels. I wanted something smaller than a full size crib and something bigger than a bassinet. So the portable is perfect cause I can have it next to my bed as well as move it to nursery when he gets older. It holds the baby till he hits 35 lbs.

I had the ultrasound today. My cervix has shortened and thinned. So there's a good chance I will be on bed rest for the remainder of this pregnancy. If I do to work, I trigger more contractions and if that happens, I'll go into labor and I'm not even 29 weeks yet. Aside from that, she wouldn't tell me anything else. They were also looking at growth and to see if my placenta had moved. I have a doctor's appointment in 2 days in which the results will be discussed. She said there were a couple issues to be discussed with me but that she couldn't do it. Also, she said she was going to call the doctor and ask her to look over the report tonight, no later than tomorrow though. I don't understand what's in that report that can't wait for 2 days. So of course I'm kind of stressed at the moment. She also said baby is breech but that there's still a lot of time for her to move.

Dessy it sounds like bed rest is the best thing for you and baby :hugs: bit naughty of your midwife to say there are things the doctor will need to look at quick cos now you will probably worry and thats the last thing you need right now :hugs: How are you feeling hun? any more contractions? xx

Honestly, I feel like a train has hit me. I've had a few contractions, but no more 45 or 1 hour sessions lol, thank god. Last thing I need is for my cervix to continue shortening and thinning. I'm concerned though because my lower back is so sore, I have HORRIBLE cramping, and then there's the pressure in my vaginal area and tops parts of my legs. I just wonder if it's possible for that to do anything to my cervix. I certainly hope not. I am very worried though, I strongly believe Olivia is underweight still and that's what the main concern may be right now (besides the shortening of the cervix) Like I said... I go to see her for the results on Thursday at 11:20am eastern time. ALSO, on a good note, my repeat 3D is this Saturday :) I get to see my baby girl, and bed rest or not, I'm going! :D Being on here and talking to other pregnant women has been amazing for me though. I'm so glad I found this forum, especially the ladies due in April.. not that I'll make it to then, but still. And also the ladies going through similar experieces.

Im just wondering if you need to be kept on bed rest will the midwife/doctor not come out to your house to check and discuss things with you. Saving you going all the way there if you need the rest. Oooh 3D scan will be exciting at then you should get some peace of mind seeing her on the screen. Hope she flips around for you hun..

I had the midwife yesterdya not sure if i even posted in here yesterday or not. My brain as got the back i cant remember moving things or doing things now. Anyways when i got blood taking yesterday the needle had popped out the veins a little and has little me with this weird looking bruise. My arm is a bit sore to, not only is my arm sore my ribs are hurting and my right boob is achey again :( i know she is growing and im thinking she is going to be like me with her legs in my ribs lol (i did that to my mum lol she keeps telling me lol and i was the lighest out of all 6 of us lol).

Dont forget tonight ladies. Its Wednesday OBEM :)

Dessy keeping all my prayers for you that baby stays in there long enough for you and her to grow little more.

Oh one last things i have my whooping cough jag tomorrow :) lol x

Damnit, I forgot about obem, hubby is watching Dr.Who now so I can't turn it over, will watch it on catch up tomo.

Got my GTT tomorrow, I really dont want to go, im going to be so ill and upset being starved. :/

Im so glad your seeing them tomorrow hun, seems like they need to offer more information about what symptoms you should expect and what ones you need to contact the hospital for etc....I dont know what those symptoms mean hun but defo worth speaking to doc about and see what they say :thumbup: I have heard if you go in to labor early and they catch you early they can give you some sort of injection to stop the contractions but i dont know any more than that but its maybe worth asking them about?

Great news about your scan on Sat i agree, defo go it will help you feel more relaxed if you can see your little girl swimming away happily in your tummy :thumbup: i'll look forward to seeing your scan pics :flower:

I agree, this forum is the best and the support really does make a difference :flower: xxx

Cherry that really sucks :( I once had someone take blood and bruise my entire arm, and it scared me awa from needles for years. That shouldn't happen if they're taking their time :( Hopefully it heals up soon. Nothing worse than seeing a huge bruise up your arm. And yeah, you would think since they want me on bed rest, they would have someone come and see me instead.

Smanderson thanks :) Yeah, I've really been looking forward to the 3D to cheer me up. I've heard there are injections to mature lungs and injections to stop contractions. I'm assuming if all keeps going the way it is even on bed rest, that will be the next step. She did say something about a stitch, but again she was only a tech so she wasn't really allowed to say much, but didn't have a choice to tell me my cervix had changed. So we will see what the doctor says tomorrow, and then I'll update you guys. In the meantime, I've got lots of one tree hill to watch!

Enough about me though, how is everyone else's pregnancy's going? I want to know more about you guys :) Cherry you're having a girl as well and smanderson you're having a boy right? First children for you guys? Emotions? Due dates? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->