April's Spring babies 2013 ---- Babies are arriving

Jenny good luck at your GTT :flower: i have mine in 2 weeks, let me know how it goes :thumbup:

Cherry, sorry you had a sore arm hun but good news you have had another good midwife appointment :thumbup: I think they get more regular from 28 weeks?

Dessy, we are having a little boy (our prince as my mum keeps calling him :haha:) this is our first so its all new and exciting/scary :wacko: but so far everything has been fine and im hoping it will continue this way :thumbup: my bump is huge and most people think im having twins - which im not!!! Yesterday some guy begged me not to have the baby while we were in the kitchen at work :dohh: i cringed so much cos i have so long left to go its embarrassing :blush: i have mentioned my big bump to the doc and midwife and neither seem even remotely bothered and said there isnt much i can do about it :dohh: will be interesting what happens at my GTT on 28th as i sometime wonder if he is big due to diabetes or something - although he has measured on target at 12 and 20 week scans so maybe im just a fatty LOL :blush:

Hi ladies how are you all?

Went for my gtt, they said if it comes back positive then they will call either today or tomorrow. That drink was horrible, but the 2 hr wait, with a bad back was even worse.

Not due back till my 28 week scan now.

When I had mine I rang at 4 that day and they told me the result don't think I could of waited till the next day

I have my next mw app on Tuesday is it just bloods bp and wee again?
Can't work out what position baby Is in I think its still traverse but can't decide

If its your 28 weeks app they check your pee and blood preasure and take blood from you. then they should feel around to see baby postion check there heartbeat and measure you belly with the tape lol.

I had my whopping cough jag today and omg my arm was hurting through work :( then some guy was pretty mean about a bag and how i folded the trousers. My face heated up and i was pretty pissed with him, when he left my supervisier came back he was that guy was pretty rude and i ended up in tears :(..

Yeah dessy im having a little girl. her movement feels weird from popping and flutters now i think lol sometimes i feel like my stomach is turning over lol and when she stretches out lol

Yeah 28 week check just hope they dont weigh me ever I think I will break the scales

Was at my nieces party on Sunday someone who we know but not that well was there could tell she was looking at me odd then I sat on floor as no chairs my sil shouted at me lol then 2 hrs later the woman said r u preg? In shock I answers yeah 6months I'm not just fat then walked out I am about a 16 UK and bump is the only thing that's grown was fuming walked off with my diet coke lol

My hospital only call you if the gtt comes back positive, so if iv had no phone call by the end of tomorrow then I should be ok :)

At my 28 week appointment, I have bloods, get anti d, have a scan, see consultant and anesthetist, have urine and bp checked, long ass day

Well, I went into my appointment today to find out the results of the ultrasound 2 days ago. It wasn't good news at all and its been an emotional day. Last night I went to go to sleep, and for 2 hours straight I couldn't because I had so much pain with the cramping and back ache and pressure. She checked my cervix today and I was 1cm dilated and thinning. She sent me to the hospital right away to get the steroid shot in my hip to mature the baby's lungs. I get the second one tomorrow. Also, the baby is in the 13th percentile for weight, in doctor's words meaning out of 100 babies, 90 of them are bigger than her. They also noticed there's a low amount of amniotic fluid around her, meaning my placenta isn't doing the job it should. And then she's breech. So, strict bed rest still. Steroid shots, and progesterone to insert 2 times a day. They will also be giving me ultrasounds/checking my cervix weekly now. Next ultrasound is in 5 days. Wish me luck. I'm really not ready for her to come out yet.

Im sorry Hun. I hope you baby girl is ok. Keep us updated.

Well, I went into my appointment today to find out the results of the ultrasound 2 days ago. It wasn't good news at all and its been an emotional day. Last night I went to go to sleep, and for 2 hours straight I couldn't because I had so much pain with the cramping and back ache and pressure. She checked my cervix today and I was 1cm dilated and thinning. She sent me to the hospital right away to get the steroid shot in my hip to mature the baby's lungs. I get the second one tomorrow. Also, the baby is in the 13th percentile for weight, in doctor's words meaning out of 100 babies, 90 of them are bigger than her. They also noticed there's a lot amount of amniotic fluid around her, meaning my placenta isn't doing the job it should. And then she's breech. So, strict bed rest still. Steroid shots, and progesterone to insert 2 times a day. They will also be giving me ultrasounds/checking my cervix weekly now. Next ultrasound is in 5 days. Wish me luck. I'm really not ready for her to come out yet.

Thanks a lot :) It's appreciated. I will definitely keep posted as things happen. It's just really hard. She's only about 2 lbs right now :( But I'm happy about the steroid shots, at least her lungs will be better off with those.

i hope she stays in there for you dessy :flower: just to let you know, i was born at 32 weeks and other than a feeding tube, i needed no more assistance and i only had to stay in the hospital for six weeks, but that was just to get back up to my birth weight of 3 and a half pounds. every day she stays put shes getting that little bit stronger :thumbup:

i'm 26 weeks today i feel like its flying by, i wish the snow would go away here though, as i darent leave the house its like an ice rink :nope:

Well, I went into my appointment today to find out the results of the ultrasound 2 days ago. It wasn't good news at all and its been an emotional day. Last night I went to go to sleep, and for 2 hours straight I couldn't because I had so much pain with the cramping and back ache and pressure. She checked my cervix today and I was 1cm dilated and thinning. She sent me to the hospital right away to get the steroid shot in my hip to mature the baby's lungs. I get the second one tomorrow. Also, the baby is in the 13th percentile for weight, in doctor's words meaning out of 100 babies, 90 of them are bigger than her. They also noticed there's a low amount of amniotic fluid around her, meaning my placenta isn't doing the job it should. And then she's breech. So, strict bed rest still. Steroid shots, and progesterone to insert 2 times a day. They will also be giving me ultrasounds/checking my cervix weekly now. Next ultrasound is in 5 days. Wish me luck. I'm really not ready for her to come out yet.

Dessy im so sorry :hugs: but at least you will have the shots to mature the babies lungs which will help her if she does come early :hugs: Please dont get out of that bed now, just relax and watch the OC and try not to worry, it sounds like they have a plan in action for you hun to try and keep your little one in as long as possible xxxxx

You must be quite stressed at the moment Dessy, but it sounds like your medical people are doing the very best for you both. I hope she stays in for you hun.

I was pretty mad with the childrens school today, they were open this morning, so my dad kindly took us in the car, which skidded a lot, and I almost slipped twice, good job I had my dad there, it could of been quite a bad idea, esp with pp too. I wont be taking them in if the snow carries on.

You must be quite stressed at the moment Dessy, but it sounds like your medical people are doing the very best for you both. I hope she stays in for you hun.

I was pretty mad with the childrens school today, they were open this morning, so my dad kindly took us in the car, which skidded a lot, and I almost slipped twice, good job I had my dad there, it could of been quite a bad idea, esp with pp too. I wont be taking them in if the snow carries on.

Dessy praying for you to keep that baby in for a good few more weeks! Keep us posted xxxx

awww Dessy, I am so sorry hun. Hopefully the bed rest will do the trick as well as the shots. I know you are not ready for the baby to come out but at least you are far enough along that the baby should be fine. My friend gave birth to her baby boy at 25-26 weeks and he is now a very healthy 8 month old!!

Hi girls, went to my GP today, just for a check up! Everything is fine, have put on 2stone in 27 weeks??! (28lbs) omg! I can't believe it! I have to say my appitite has increased so its defo not all baby! The other thing is I have only seen a midwife once and my OB once, I asked about a GTT test as everyone else seems to be having one and my GP said she only does them in there is glucose in my urine?!
Not seeing my OB for another 4 weeks, just feel like no one is really looking after me, am I worrying for no reason?
Dessy how are you today? Xx

Aww Dessy im sorry to hear your news. But im glad the medic's are looking out for you and what's the best steps to take next. Hopefully baby stays in there just a few more weeks. Glad your getting the shots to.

As anyone else had there whooping cough jag yet? i got mines on thursday my arm was dead sore for that day and yesterday it was ok until i had an hour left of my shift got bit sore and now it been inchy :(. At least i know it helping the little one out until she is 2 months old.

thats me off for a week now so i should be on little bit more this week :) xxx

Hi ladies!! 26 weeks today only 98 days to go!!
When it comes to shots I won't be getting any. Personally I feel like our society has gobe medicine and antibiotic crazy. My mom back in 85 never got any with me either and said most of the kids that got shots got sick verses I never hsd issues as a kid. I'm also gonna refuse every shot for Eli that I can.

Hi ladies!! 26 weeks today only 98 days to go!!
When it comes to shots I won't be getting any. Personally I feel like our society has gobe medicine and antibiotic crazy. My mom back in 85 never got any with me either and said most of the kids that got shots got sick verses I never hsd issues as a kid. I'm also gonna refuse every shot for Eli that I can.
As long as you fully understand what each jab is for the pros and cons and the full understanding of the disease they are giving the jabs against and can expain to the health professionals why then its your choice and your fully informed that's the main key and they should respect that.

Personally I would much rather have the jabs than risk whooping cough or measles but everyone is entitled to make their choice

Hey ladies im 29 weeks today :) 11 weeks to go.

Been pretty emotional this week, feeling down and wanting for comfort lol not that i can get any. ryan is pretty useless. But my neice seen me upset early and gave me a hug and a kiss and asked to see baby lol i have the pik on my phone. She cheered me up but i wasnt in much of a mood today so i past at going to ryans mums for his brother birthday. my birthday is this saturday so i hope i get little more in the mood

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->