April's Spring babies 2013 ---- Babies are arriving

Congratulations Apple :hugs: Welcome to the world Tom :flower: piccys please :flower: xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Thanks Cherry, will keep my eyes peeled for a double electric one for sure :thumbup: time saving sounds good to me :thumbup: i guess your rent seems more cos your having to pay it on your own hun :hugs: shame Ryan cant contribute :dohh:

Thanks for the tip Rah i wouldnt have thought of doing that :thumbup: will defo order those bits on amazon new and then buy second hand so will save money but am gonna wait to establish BFing first :flower: Did you try the crab? i also heard that walking with one foot on the kirb and one on the road helps the head engage? :shrug: i dunno, some of these suggestions are getting weirder LOL

I been struggling today keep getting dizzy and headaches :nope: not sure whats up with me today just dont feel right at all :nope:

Doll thats fantastic news you managed to get Elijah back on the boobies :happydance: keep going with it hun :flower:

Hi girls!
Apple that's wonderful news! Congrats! Can't Wait to read yr birth story and see pics!
Samanderson maybe you should go to your gp? Make sure your bp is ok or your not anaemic? :hugs:
Afm I'm just so sore and fed up! Want baba out ASAP! X

Hi ladies, advice please:shrug:
I'm trying to my best to breastfeed Tom but I'm so sore I could cry, I've tried to get latch right n seen midwives n star buddy on ward. I just dont know how long I can keep going like this:nope:... Really don't want to give up.. Do u think it's worth trying to to express or is it too early I'm only day 2 so no milk yet?? I've bought some ready made formula to keep in bcos I'm scared tom not getting enough??
I just need to do something to let boobs heal. Also how long do ur new born sleep in night between feeds?
Sorry for rant just very tired

Apple Hugs
If its painful for the whole feed its probably the latch is he getting enough book in his mouth and not just nipple? If its toe curling at the start then eases that's quite normal
Keep an eye for nipples becoming cracked or start to bleed both signs of poor latch and bloody painful from what I remember
Try to keep feeding its a huge learning curve for both of you it does get better I promise
I would speak to your mw about it she will he able to help are there any community classes you can go to? I went to a sure start group for breast feeding helped me loads
As for the sleeping in work we normally poke baby after 4 hrs and feed then but def no longer than 6hrs

Hope you get sorted hun try not to give up xxxx

Hi apple, get yourself some good nipple cream hun it will help a lot. If the feed is painful throughout then it will be the babys latch, try different positions hun.

Id wake baby every 3 hours to feed, untill he is back up to his birth weight.

Thanks Rooster :hugs: i went to bed early in the hopes i could sleep it off but still feeling awful today :nope: am gonna see how i go this morning and if im no better might call the day assessment where they been monitoring me to see what they think :thumbup:

Eugh im so fed up of being prego now LOL cant wait for this baby to come out!!! x

Well my sister went to a and e last night with swollen feet they have kept her in as her heart rate was 30 and temp 33 she has to have a heart scan asap and she's wired up to heart machine which is linked to nurses station so not a great night then went to the car and someone has broken in they emptied everything out took nothing there was only cds in there really and no damage no idea how they got in but glad there is no damage*So not having the best start to the day*
And dd told me off for playing on the stairs no crabbing while she's around

Hi apple, get yourself some good nipple cream hun it will help a lot. If the feed is painful throughout then it will be the babys latch, try different positions
I love lansinoh (sp) its amazing fixed me very quickly last time and I was a mess lol its in a lilac tube expensive but worth it
And position I couldn't feed in traditional cross body position I had to use the rugby ball position which was great for me the hosp never told me that though was the community group that told me worth a try

I just jump down the page as i wanted to reply quick to apple.

Congrats on the birth of your little one hun.

I know breastfeeding is hard but dont give up hun. I found it painful also and i gave in and ask for the formula but ive been told today i can try again my hv just said try her again on the boob and see how it goes cause if i keep pumping away my milk will soon go away :( and having her suck on the nipple is better to keep your supply up.. Oh and you can always use formula as a top up if you need to. the girl over from my bed was pumping bf'ing and using formula just so baby was getting enough.

I really wanna get on to breastfeeding so im going to give it a bash again. Hv also said when ryan takes her at night he can give her the bottle which is ok. I thought it would confuse her but hey ho we'll try anything out and see if it works.

Im currently just pumping away just now as ryan is taking paige down to see his mum and nana and im going to catch some zzz's lol have to say im loving being a mum right now. God knows why i waited so long lol dont need a man hahaha. Although ryans support is much needed sometimes.

Im dying to try her on the boobie but she wont be here for her next feed so express for now :) xxx

Ohh on the blood lost thing i was heavier in hospital also doll. i feel like mines is coming to an end but i dunno cause ive been thinking that since that start of the week lol is much lighter today that it as been and paige is nearly 2 weeks old.. wonder if ill even get to 6 weeks with mines lol.

Anyways i better pump before i get to distracted lol

Hi apple, get yourself some good nipple cream hun it will help a lot. If the feed is painful throughout then it will be the babys latch, try different positions
I love lansinoh (sp) its amazing fixed me very quickly last time and I was a mess lol its in a lilac tube expensive but worth it
And position I couldn't feed in traditional cross body position I had to use the rugby ball position which was great for me the hosp never told me that though was the community group that told me worth a try

Iv bought a tube ready :-D have seen it on amazon for 6.99, but I hear you can get it on prescription, so im going to try that after baby is born.

Well my sister went to a and e last night with swollen feet they have kept her in as her heart rate was 30 and temp 33 she has to have a heart scan asap and she's wired up to heart machine which is linked to nurses station so not a great night then went to the car and someone has broken in they emptied everything out took nothing there was only cds in there really and no damage no idea how they got in but glad there is no damage*So not having the best start to the day*
And dd told me off for playing on the stairs no crabbing while she's around

Rah you poor thing!! Is your sister ok?? And someone broke into your car!! Bloody hell!! Are you ok? :hugs:
You are going to have to do the crab when dd is in bed! X:blush:

Hi ladies, advice please:shrug:
I'm trying to my best to breastfeed Tom but I'm so sore I could cry, I've tried to get latch right n seen midwives n star buddy on ward. I just dont know how long I can keep going like this:nope:... Really don't want to give up.. Do u think it's worth trying to to express or is it too early I'm only day 2 so no milk yet?? I've bought some ready made formula to keep in bcos I'm scared tom not getting enough??
I just need to do something to let boobs heal. Also how long do ur new born sleep in night between feeds?
Sorry for rant just very tired

Hi apple!
Sorry I can't give you advice as I have never bf before but I was told by my gp that I could go to her at any time if I had problems and to call a mw at any time as they can go out to you and help. My maternity hospital also does bf classes and support groups...maybe look into that?
I have heard that the first week or so is tough, really tough but it's worth sticking to :hugs:
I always thought...it can't be that hard but have been told its hard work, emotionally draining and very painful by so many women. Xx

Omg sorry to here about your sister hun and weird that someone broke into your car glad there was no damage to.

Defo get nipple cream apple. Btw i was reading in another post about breastfeeding to tell you the truth ive been surfering the web all day on breastfeeding i really wanna give it another go. So ive ask my mum to pick up some nipple shield for me as there teat shape maybe paige might prefer that as she is use to the bottle now. Im desperate to get her on lol its better for her and less money for me to splash out lol place if i try and get working tax credit i wont be entitled to the sure grant thing were you get milk vouchers and you can use them for formula lol xxx

ooooh just wanted to say yay i got 6oz today im getting oz more each day will try again later when i go to bed as my electric pump is noisy and ryan has paige tonight lol

Ooooh mum just texted me my sister has nipple shields lol going to give me her yay lol

I am in agony I'm hoping this is baby getting fully engaged or I'm in some serious trouble earn it comes to pain lol
Been doubled over my ball for last 45 mins and baby still at it

My sister is ok thanks they said her heart is fine but they are still not sure what it is so she's staying in again tonight
The car thing has got me shook up a bit bet I won't sleep tonight

I wouldnt sleep either hun i'd be stalking my car from the window.

Oh dear sounds like your lo is dancing around inside you. Hopefully is a good sign and lo is moving their way down more :)

Im heading to bed now im shatted i didnt even get my nap when ryan went out with paige lol i got a call from the council lady got a app for tuesday but ill need to ring my work as ive still not received my wage slip so i need to find out if it has defo been sent out or if there is a way to find out what my gross pay was for last month. plus im going to say ill just come in for my next ones as then i know im receiving them

night ladies xxx

Have a good sleep
Can't believe you still haven't got your payslip !!

It is really worth reading up on breastfeeding, so you know what to expect, how to do it, and how to overcome problems. There is a breastfeeding section on this forum, where you can post threads on your situations, them ladies are very very helpful, iv learnt a hell of a lot from them.

Have a good sleep Cherry hun

Rah im so sorry about your sis hun but im glad to hear she is doing better now :hugs: hopefully they will continue to run tests to find out what happened :flower:

Try not to worry about your car though hun, it was most likely someone passing through taking a chance. I know it sucks but at least they didnt get anything valuable :flower: xxx

LOL your LO makes me laugh hehe bless her, like Rooster says you can always crab when she is in bed :flower:

Yeah ive read so much on breastfeeding i got those shields of my sister earlier gave hem a bash she stay on little longer than normal but the dam shield folds back on it self so trying to fix that aswell as trying to shove it back in her mouth lol the shield teat part is big and she has a small mouth poor thing :(

Glad the shield is helping cherry shame its folding though don't know much about them if its working is there a diff type you could get?

Well I have had another few hrs of pressure where I'm so uncomfortable can't sit down need to be stood or on all 4s
Hoping this means baby is getting closer

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->