Are 3D & 4D scans worth it?

Charsz

Reaction score
Hi ladies, I'm having a little trouble with depression.
I've got prenatal depression and finding it extremely hard to make a connection or love with my LO.

I'm happy and excited, but most days I'm breaking down :(
Most people have said Maybe I should get a 3D/4D scan which may help me bond with my little bub if I haven't after my 20 week scan.

Is it recommend and what's it like? :)

hi, i'm sorry you're feeling that way :hugs:

i had a 3d scan at around 10 weeks as I was struggling to accept/connect with this pregnancy after a previous miscarriage. It was amazing to see the baby on the screen and there was so much detail even though it was early.

My scan was internal but that might have just been because it was so early. I would love to do it again just can't justify the cost.

I have the photo as my phone screen saver and I find myself showing her off to people and sometimes I will sit and look at the photo when i'm on my own - I think it helps as it definitely looks like a real baby. You might even be able to get a DVD which you could watch when you're feeling really low if it helps.

How far along are you? Do you feel much movement yet?

I wanted to get one done and had booked one for next weekend, but then the tech today at the MFM told me they could probably do 3D next time, so think I'm going to cancel the private one. I didn't know they did 3D at the MFM. I think it's worth it.

All depends on how clear it is - which you'll never know unless you have it.

I had one at 30 weeks first time around, but due to my anterior placenta and his legs being in front of his face, it wasn't all that great..... I am not having one this time round probably because of the experience last time. x

I had one because I wanted to find out the gender at 16 weeks. It was only a touch more expensive to get 3d, as compared to the regular 2d, so we thought "why not?" I really liked the 3d because I could easily distinguish body parts. I have a hard time deciphering what I am looking at in 2d ultrasounds. I'm not sure if the 3d ultrasound made me feel "connected" to the baby or not though. I think what has helped me the most is my bump finally being noticeable (I now look pregnant) and feeling her kicks.

We were a bit Disappinted with ours last time so aren't having one this time round. Baby didn't move and had a foot in front of her face the whole time. They asked us to go away and come back the following week to try again but it wasn't much better.

I think your reasons for wanting one are quite different to mine though and you could have a better experience than us and it could really help you. Baby could give you a smile and a wave!! Who knows! If my baby had of done that I would have been over the moon!

I had a private gender scan at 18 weeks and they included a 4D peek. It was amazing to see her sweet face.

I wont be having another one though because I would like to keep the mystery of what she looks like until I look at her in real life.

Have had one with both of my previous pregnancies and it helped me bond even at 28 weeks. I loved mine and I've got one booked for this one too! :) it's each to their own but I loved every moment of mine x

We had one done at around 17 weeks and it was absolutely amazing! It really made it a lot easier for me to "accept" that this pregnancy was real as my last one ended in miscarriage. It was great too because she had both her hands behind her head like she was just layin around relaxin with a smile on her face :) We've already got another one scheduled for the end of March.

I just had a 4D scan this morning (doctor ordered) and it was so amazing :) It made it more real, like theres really a little human growing inside you. We are paying to get one done with a private doctor around 25-30 weeks. they give you the video and lots of pictures. I cant wait and I think it really is something amazing that you only get to do once!

2 of my good friends have had them and have said how amazing it was, the pictures where also fantastic. OH surprised me on valentines day by showing me an email for 1 for me next month when il be around 28 weeks and i cant wait!

It has helped me a lot,plus now feeling baby kick so hard on the outside. But in general as a first time mom it is pretty nuts that in four months a new human will be coming out of me. My ob and Mfm did them with the normal ultrasounds, no extra cost. Somehow they can choose for every pic to be 2d, 3d, or 4d after they take it. Then it just depends on if the baby is in position to get a good pic.

i would definitely recommend it if you can do it i would. we just recently had a gender one done and my OH came away feeling connected with the baby and we will go back for another at about 27 weeks. it made this pregnancy feel so much more real and watching him play with his toes was incredible. i think it could help you bond did for me and OH.xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->