Are you taking folic acid or any other tablets while you're TTC?

Kandl123

Family of 3, soon to be 4
Reaction score
after suffering a mc on 31/8, I'm waiting for af to come to start TTC again. But just wondering if any of you are taking any tablets or folic acid on your TTC journey?
If so, what are you taking?

Hi hun yes I am. I'm taking regular folic acid and Asprin but I really need to sort out getting the higher dose folic acid from my gp. X

I'm taking a multi with folic acid (400mg). How much folic acid are you ladies taking?

I'm not taking anything yet... But thinking of starting taking something. Either folic acid or the "multi vitamins with folic acid" that hospital provided me with on my booking appointment with the baby I lost. But I don't know when will be best to start. Now or once I've had my af and we will be officially trying

I don't think there's any harm in taking them now- the earlier the better I think x

I take 800mcg folic acid a day (most days, sometimes I forget). I've read a few studies that say it helps with implantation, so it's not just once the embryo has implanted and started developing (where it is needed to help the neural tube develop normally). The max dose you can take is 1000mcg a day. I may be mixing up mcg with mg, in which case sorry!! Whatever is in normal prenatals, I double it.

edit to add: I do mean mcg, but the official symbol for micrograms is µg, which is what was confusing me. I take 800µg per day, with usual prenatals containing 400µg. The maximum dose suggested in normal circumstances is 1000µg or 1mg.

I take 5mg (5000mcg) of folate a day because I am higher risk for having a child with birth defects. been taking it as long as we have been trying, will continue during pregnancy.

I take pregnacare vitamins, 100mcg B6 and the same of B12 as I have a short leutal phase.

I take a few different things for various issues, but a lot of them overlap as TTC supplements. The main ones are folate (not synthetic folic acid, as many people are unable to absorb synthetic folic acid), activated b-12, vitamin e, vitamin c, and iron. The last one is taken because I'm anemic, but it is related because untreated anemia can impact conception efforts.

I had a very early miscarriage a couple of months ago, and I'm trying to be extra careful about what I do and don't take since then.

I take 5mg (5000mcg) of folate a day because I am higher risk for having a child with birth defects. been taking it as long as we have been trying, will continue during pregnancy.

It's the 5g I need to get too. I'm going to ring now actually before I forget

I take a prenatal with folic acid. They recommend starting a prenatal 3 months before you start trying. But starting anytime is better than never starting.

I take a prenatal as well as 800mcg extra of folic acid. As recommended by my RE

I'm taking Fertilaid as of right now. Been taking it for almost three weeks now. It has everything a prenatal does and more. All to help you get pregnant and up the chances of it by a lot. A lot people have gotten pregnant during the month of taking it. Trying it now! Baby dust to everyone!!!

I've been taking folic acid for almost 3 months now, 800mcg, vitamin C and Vitex occasionally. All which I've read were great things if you wanna get pregnant!

I'm taking a multivitamin with 400 mcg of folic acid and 18 mg of iron. I'm also taking 800 mcg tablets of folic acid on top of the multivitamin. This is only recommended because I have a history of m/c. Oh and I'm taking 81 mg of baby aspirin because they had a difficult time drawing blood from me while I was pregnant last time so the aspirin is to help thin out my blood. They also claim that this can help prevent m/c too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->