Argos 3 for 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've reserved my 3 things. It says reserved until fri 26th...is that store close do you think?

Do they do another 3 for 2 nearer to Christmas? Can only find 2 things I really want at the moment!

just reserved my stuff to pick up tomorrow, feels good now ive made a good start on the xmas shopping, determined not to leave it til the last minute this year

OMG argos have got such a cheek. Been watching some dinosaur train figures which were in the sale reduced from £30 to £22.50, £20 reduced to £17 and £15 reduced to £12. I knew they'd go back up to full price before the 3 for 2 but it still saved me a few pounds so I waited. But I've just gone online to check and they've actually INCREASED the full prices to £33, £22 and £16! So instead of my 3 for 2 items costing me £50 it'll be £55 - a 10% increase! How can they get away with that?! Surely they can't quote a full price one day and then increase it the next?! They're actually higher than the RRP now!

Check your prices before you buy ladies - very shady indeed!

I had a look last night at the things we want for DS and we really aren't saving very much at all. Most items are significantly cheaper on Amazon, Asda etc by up to £10-£15 so by the time we do 3 for 2 its barely worth having to go to store and collect them all.

X

OMG argos have got such a cheek. Been watching some dinosaur train figures which were in the sale reduced from £30 to £22.50, £20 reduced to £17 and £15 reduced to £12. I knew they'd go back up to full price before the 3 for 2 but it still saved me a few pounds so I waited. But I've just gone online to check and they've actually INCREASED the full prices to £33, £22 and £16! So instead of my 3 for 2 items costing me £50 it'll be £55 - a 10% increase! How can they get away with that?! Surely they can't quote a full price one day and then increase it the next?! They're actually higher than the RRP now!

Check your prices before you buy ladies - very shady indeed!

You are so right. The sneaky <insert word of your own choice>
The imaginext castle had gone up £10 this morning. It was £39.99 yesterday and is £49.99 today &#128545; means my free toy is now only saving me £10 instead of £20 - not a great saving on three toys. Not sure I'll bother now cos i could hit lucky on a amazon price drop instead.

Everything I have been watching has gone up in price, cheaper for me to get them from Amazon or wait for the 3 for 2 to be over and see if prices go down again.

Off the top of my head the imaginext castle has gone up £10 and aquadoodle £5.

Everything I wanted was OOS at 6am this morning- I mean really?? Also works out that had I bought the things off Amazon last week when they were down in price, it would cost me exactly the same as the 3 for 2. Absolutely no savings at all. Very disappointed with Argos

Just been looking at Tesco direct and their stuff is really well priced too better than amazon for some things. Clubcard points :)

Their ebay outlet is cheaper than the online/instore deals and there's more to choose from :)

https://stores.ebay.co.uk/argosoutlet/

My argos purchases are still a really good price. I worked out what to reserve last night based on if it was all full price and compared it to camel. I've also just gone for items I definitely want so I have to buy them at some point anyway everything else that's just an idea I will keep looking at for a good price

Someone on their Facebook page has complained that they reserved stuff without knowing the 3 for 2 was on, went in to collect today and the total was £20 more even with the free item! It's shocking.

Some items are still discounted AND you get 3 for 2, so they would be a good buy. But judging by facebook and twitter people aren't happy at the price hikes - especially as they actually posted encouraging people to reserve things yesterday ready for the offer!

I had a look last night at the things we want for DS and we really aren't saving very much at all. Most items are significantly cheaper on Amazon, Asda etc by up to £10-£15 so by the time we do 3 for 2 its barely worth having to go to store and collect them all.

X

I find this every time with the argos 3 for 2, I find it a bit of a con tbh. If your prepared to wait with amazon for when they put their prices down you can usually save quite a bit.

My purchases were not on offer but after comparing other shops I did get a good deal with argos, I used my nectar points to knock £££ off too :)

ive reserved the toot toot garage, wolp tea party and vtech activity table. I would save £45 including the 342 and previous discount but im still unsure. :shrug:

Argos have now said on FB that they will honour the prices quoted on reservation emails. But my mum has just gone in to pick up the items I reserved and was told they wouldn't honour it. After much arguing she showed the manager the FB post saying it would be honoured, but he was VERY aggressive and rude to her and made a complete fool of her in front of a huge queue of people! He told her "well it's MY branch and I'm telling you you're NOT getting it!". My mum stood her ground and made him phone head office, and he kept her waiting for 20 minutes until they told him he had to honour it. He didn't even apologise - just slammed her receipt down on the counter and ordered her to "wait over there". Then when she demanded an apology he came out from behind the counter and stood over her waving his arms and shouting at her. He was completely intimidating her - my mum is under 5ft and he was a big guy! Other customers were asking if she was ok. On the way out she told him he hopes they have CCTV because she'll be making a formal complaint. My poor mum. She said if it hadn't been xmas presents for DS she would have just walked out. I've complained on their FB and they deleted it! So I've posted again. And I'll keep bloody posting until I get a reply! Shocking.

Absolutely awful Bid I hope she takes it further what a grade A prick.

Absolutely awful Bid I hope she takes it further what a grade A prick.

She's really angry and upset about it, and the worst thing is every time she looks at the toys she bought she'll be reminded of it! They're the first xmas presents she's got for DS, and I'm guessing they'll be the last from them! Merry bloody Christmas argos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"