Argos 3 for 2?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Argos have now said on FB that they will honour the prices quoted on reservation emails. But my mum has just gone in to pick up the items I reserved and was told they wouldn't honour it. After much arguing she showed the manager the FB post saying it would be honoured, but he was VERY aggressive and rude to her and made a complete fool of her in front of a huge queue of people! He told her "well it's MY branch and I'm telling you you're NOT getting it!". My mum stood her ground and made him phone head office, and he kept her waiting for 20 minutes until they told him he had to honour it. He didn't even apologise - just slammed her receipt down on the counter and ordered her to "wait over there". Then when she demanded an apology he came out from behind the counter and stood over her waving his arms and shouting at her. He was completely intimidating her - my mum is under 5ft and he was a big guy! Other customers were asking if she was ok. On the way out she told him he hopes they have CCTV because she'll be making a formal complaint. My poor mum. She said if it hadn't been xmas presents for DS she would have just walked out. I've complained on their FB and they deleted it! So I've posted again. And I'll keep bloody posting until I get a reply! Shocking.

That is awful, your poor Mum :hugs:

im annoyed I reserved elsa and anna Barbie doll thingys and when I got there they said they were sorry but they were sold by accident arghhh anyone know cheapest place to get them please xx

Got mine no issues thankfully! Lego box which is £7 more on amazon, aquadoodle and s thomas mega bloks set which was half price. Got to go back tomorrow to pick some more things up :)

I commented on the bargain thread, I only needed some Duplo and I wanted some play doh sets. But the prices on some are £10 cheaper on amazon! So I've resisted for now and set price alerts on camelcamelcamel. LO got a £25 voucher so just trying to fnd things he 'needs' and that is a bargain!

im annoyed I reserved elsa and anna Barbie doll thingys and when I got there they said they were sorry but they were sold by accident arghhh anyone know cheapest place to get them please xx

I had this happen last year in two different stores with toys I'd reserved! Really annoying!

Argos have now said on FB that they will honour the prices quoted on reservation emails. But my mum has just gone in to pick up the items I reserved and was told they wouldn't honour it. After much arguing she showed the manager the FB post saying it would be honoured, but he was VERY aggressive and rude to her and made a complete fool of her in front of a huge queue of people! He told her "well it's MY branch and I'm telling you you're NOT getting it!". My mum stood her ground and made him phone head office, and he kept her waiting for 20 minutes until they told him he had to honour it. He didn't even apologise - just slammed her receipt down on the counter and ordered her to "wait over there". Then when she demanded an apology he came out from behind the counter and stood over her waving his arms and shouting at her. He was completely intimidating her - my mum is under 5ft and he was a big guy! Other customers were asking if she was ok. On the way out she told him he hopes they have CCTV because she'll be making a formal complaint. My poor mum. She said if it hadn't been xmas presents for DS she would have just walked out. I've complained on their FB and they deleted it! So I've posted again. And I'll keep bloody posting until I get a reply! Shocking.

I would put in a very strong complaint to head office that is totally out of line I work in retail myself and have had a management position and even if I had the rudest ever customer I would have not acted in that way.
cheeky sod

I have reserved all ready collect when my pay goes in in the morning! thanks guys!

When is this on till? Wanted to get done arty/craft stuff for kids but not even had chance to look online yet! On a mega cleaning frenzy before my friend arrives from NZ tomorrow!!

Oh that's quite a while then! Hopefully sort something next week then, unless I pop :-/
I have topcashback money on a love to shop card I can use too to get it free really :)

If I reserve something now how long is it reserved for? It says Sunday but morning or closing?

I was shocked that the toot toot garage is £39.99 yet is only £27.99 in the argos book.

One glitch is the little people big city sky way. Shows at 39.99 when u select it however when it adds to u r basket it says 29.99 altho still totals u r basket to the correct money. I showed the girl this today and I got it for 29.99. Just worth it if anyone is doing the 3 for 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"