Asda's customer service stinks

I am in no way 'sticking up for Asda' Never shopped with them and never will. Thought I'd just explain how the authorised amounts work with banks (only commenting having worked for Barclays, may not be the same else where) when you order shopping on line or pay at pumps etc and initially swipe your card it 'earmarks' a chunk of money so that they know your good for it. This is taken away from your available balance but not your actual account balance. When the order is completed as long as the supplier uses the same authorisation code it will deduct the emarked funds, however if they treat it as a new transaction it will then debit the full amount as a seperate charge. Earmarked funds are kept for 'to one side' for 30 days and if not claimed within that time by the supplier with the original authorisation code it releases the funds back to your available balance. Now Barclays will not charge you for being overdrawn unless the funds are actually claimed but not sure about all banks. I had a similar problem with Amazon who I had a back order with and each week they kept earmarking the amount to check I was still good for it so my account at one point showed available balance overdrawn, however I never was as they only actually claimed the money once. I was not charged anything by my bank for this. Very annoying and frustrating!! At one point all pay at pumps used to authorise £60+ then debit the actual amount on a seperate transaction, so peoples accounts were always looking in a pickle, I think they have rectified that now!

Bit of a waffle i'm afraid but nice to know I remember something from work!

I use Tesco but dont like when loads doesn't arrive. The best best best for home deliver is Ocado. I cant fault them in the slightest.

Asda are the worst company i have ever dealt with. Just over a week ago i ordered from them £100 worth of shopping, it was suppose to be delivered between 7-9pm. At 10:30 some one finally called me, and told me he had just got back from his afternoon rounds and by the time he has unloaded and re loaded it will be midnight before he is with us WTF??? He offered to cancel the order (thats a great help when u were relying on ur shopping being here already) or re delivering tomorrow between 10-12. I accepted the re deliver and pointed out that he hadnt apologised for being late and not delivering? He laughed and said i'm just a driver??? To which i replied u work for a company when someone in the company has let the customer down a short apologie for the inconvenience goes a long way.

So the next day comes and it's not 12:30 (late again with no call) my parents are sat on the drive waiting to take us to order our pram. He turns up just gone 12:30 so my parents wait outside save disturbing the puppy and exciting her before we go out. He sits there on the phone for 5 mins, my blood was boiling, i had people waiting for us and i hate being late all cos he was late AGAIN at there specified delivery time. When he finally comes to the door, without an apologie again, he only has 1 box of shopping of a £100 order. Well needless to say i totally flipped out, i was fuming after being messed around so much. As i was angry he refused to let me speak, saying he was only a driver, which infurated me even more, he then refused to serve me, which was fine had he of let me speak i would have told him to take it away, i mean what use is one box of a £100 order to me? I called and complained and was told that he had gone back to the store and complained about me WTF, i am 5'2 and heavily preg.

Anyway this whole situation made my asthma play up, i was literraly shaking from anger, and for the past week have had to go to my dr's and been seriously struggling. The consutultants are discussing early induction due to other problems, and this was all i need. How dare a little boy from asda treat me like that after i have been messed around so much by them?

I would be very interested to here what the asda team has to say in there defence on this matter?

Hi

I'm very sorry for the issues you experienced with this order and for the poor level of service provided.

I would like to investiagte this further for you. Please let me know your order number via PM and I will speak to the store and respond direct.

Many thanks
Linda
ASDA Service Team

just thought i'd add to this ...a few weeks ago me n mum went to ASDA n got about 20 pound of shopping.seen as we only had a few bits we used the self-check out. as mum put her card in the reader it said 'remove card and swipe on the side of the monitor' so just as she went too do this the 'helper' and i say that with sarcasm!...snatched mums card said 'don't do that' put the card back in the reader . it then continued and offered cash back n took her pin...the woman then pressed something else and the screen froze...she went on to tell mum that it was a problem with her card and we need to go through the checkout again...so we did

this woman was soo rude!...the next day mum realises that the money had been taken twice...once from the checkout and once from the self scan that the woman screwed up!! so after 3 days of complaining we were finaly told it will take a week to sort out...luckly we managed to get a hold of probbly the only person on the customer service counter with an ounce of noggin ang all was fixed within 2 min.

needless to say we don't use the self scan n e more.

Hi

I'm sorry to hear of your experience when you used one of our self scan checkouts. The level of service you received was unacceptable.

Please let me know your address details,which store you was in and when via PM and I will respond direct.

Many thanks
Linda
ASDA Service Team

Have you got it sorted yet Serina? :hugs:

no and ive no idea who is right or wrong :wacko: bank still say they are waiting in asda to release the money and asda say they have:wacko:

Hi Serina

Has your money now been released?

Linda

Yes monday of this week so it took 7 days which is a lot better then the 7 days they told me it could take but still wrong imo ...A better way would be taking the most it was going to be and refunding the difference which would of meant on this occasion 10 pounds being held instead of 75 ..

I find it slightly creepy that ASDA spy on any complaints you write...

I use tesco home shopping and have never had a problem. Never had more than one substitution and the substitutions have always been perfectly good alternatives :) Xx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->