Asda's customer service stinks

That Asda Team thing really annoys me. Rather than searching the internet for complaints against them and setting up accounts on forums so they can make out they "care", why not actually do their jobs and ensure these mistakes don't happen in the first place?!

absolutely!

The whole home delivery pisses me off. Ive just been in asda this morning, and couldnt move for staff and stupid trolleys collecting the shopping for the home deliveries. They block the end of the aisles with the trolleys, so u cant see whats on offer. Its a nightmare.

Just had a reply from asda which was sent yesturday that i didnt get but she forwarded it to me
Dear Serina
Thank you for providing me with your order number following your comments on babyandbump forum.
I'm very sorry to hear funds have been held on your bank account following your home shopping order. I can understand how upsetting this must be.

When our customers place an order on the morning of delivery we ask your bank to authorise your payment card, once the order has been delivered we then request the settled amount. At no point do we ask your bank to hold any funds against your available balance only to authorise your card.

This can sometimes happen with certain banks and we have no control over this process. I agree the level of service you've received when calling us was poor and I'm sorry we've let you down.

I wish I could help you further with this but it is you bank who are holding the funds and we have no authority to ask them to release them back to your account.

I understand you will be reluctant to use our service again and I hope this won't be the case. As a gesture of goodwill I've added a £15 e-voucher to your account. This is valid for 60 days and I hope you will use it on your next order.

Once again thank you for giving me the chance to explain this. Please let me know if I can be of any further help.
Kind regards

Linda Kellett
Senior Complaints Handler
ASDA Contact Centres
ASDA House

My bank state its asda and asda state its my bank :dohh:

Whoever it is it should not take 30 days!!!! Thats shocking, I hope you get it sorted x

We had trouble with asda delivery on saturday they didnt deliver any of the cupboard stuff so we rang them and they said they would send the guy back in a few hours.... SO we waited the guy comes back and still there is a bag missing!!!!! bl00dy stupid they refunded the bag that we didnt recieve but what a load of grief!!!!!

We had trouble with asda delivery on saturday they didnt deliver any of the cupboard stuff so we rang them and they said they would send the guy back in a few hours.... SO we waited the guy comes back and still there is a bag missing!!!!! bl00dy stupid they refunded the bag that we didnt recieve but what a load of grief!!!!!

Hi

Let me know your order number and and I will address this for you.

Thanks
Linda
ASDA Service Team

If the money leaves your account twice and both times it goes to ASDA... it doesn't matter if it's a bank error... ASDA still has your money and they still have the power, somewhere along the line, to refund it to you. It is also entirely possible that ASDA has requested the settled amount twice, and in error. This does happen, it happened to me with Tesco and I doubt they have a system that is any different to that of ASDA. The only difference was, they handled it brilliantly and refunded me the entire amount of my shopping. That they are denying this and that this Linda character is fobbing you off simply because she personally cannot do it is disgusting. Somebody within ASDA has the capacity to do this.

You can always measure a business by how well it responds to complaints. I recently complained about something within ASDA and received a voucher for £10. If I can get that without them even investigating my case then a £15 evoucher is, frankly, a very poor gesture indeed.

This whole thread has been very enlightening and I expect that this Linda will do more to reassure all of us here that we will not be getting ripped off by ASDA or they will probably end up losing more customers than just Serina. I certainly would rather shop with Tesco, knowing they take mistakes like these very seriously indeed and that I can rest easy as far as my money is concerned.

I simply dread to think what would have happened if Serina had gone over her available balance as a result of this and incurred bank charges. I'm sure ASDA would be washing their hands of the whole thing still.

Hi all

I can assure you Serina has not been charged twice by ASDA, I have checked this with our banks and ASDA have only taken 1 payment.

The amount held on her account is the authorisation amount and we do not have the authority to ask her bank to release this. Banks used to allow us to fax details to them to release holding funds, now they no longer allow us to, why would this be? Only a number of banks hold funds against available balances!

If we could do this to keep Serinas custom then we would, we have no intention of mis-leading our customers and brushing our hands of their complaint.

Many thanks
Linda
ASDA Service Team

This is actually really worrying for any customers or potential customers of Asda, Serina's expected to live off £13 when she shouldn't have to but what would've happened if she'd gone overdrawn, who'd pay the charge???

I have had loads of problems with Asda Home Delivery and refuse point blank to use them now, I would rather waste a taxi fare home than know I'm going to get battered food and stuff that goes out of date the day after!

Asda used to be amazing for home delivery when I first started using them 4 years ago but they are really poor now and you never get a proper answer from them when you call and you have to badger them most of the time to refund stuff you've been charged for but hasn't turned up.

Serina - take this further, don't be fobbed off by Asda or your bank, you need answers and compensating! Not everyone does their full shop in one place either, what would've happened if you'd ordered so much from Asda to then get the rest from somewhere else, you'd end up eating stuff you didn't want to because of someones incompetence!

Get complaining girl, take it to the papers if you have to but 30 days is a piss take IMHO!!

That is very poor of ASDA I never really liked ASDA they always never been polite toward me when I am there with my hard of hearing

How is it getting on with ASDA then? Have you seen a news on BBC website regarding ASDA the way they treat their customers?

Asda are the worst company i have ever dealt with. Just over a week ago i ordered from them £100 worth of shopping, it was suppose to be delivered between 7-9pm. At 10:30 some one finally called me, and told me he had just got back from his afternoon rounds and by the time he has unloaded and re loaded it will be midnight before he is with us WTF??? He offered to cancel the order (thats a great help when u were relying on ur shopping being here already) or re delivering tomorrow between 10-12. I accepted the re deliver and pointed out that he hadnt apologised for being late and not delivering? He laughed and said i'm just a driver??? To which i replied u work for a company when someone in the company has let the customer down a short apologie for the inconvenience goes a long way.

So the next day comes and it's not 12:30 (late again with no call) my parents are sat on the drive waiting to take us to order our pram. He turns up just gone 12:30 so my parents wait outside save disturbing the puppy and exciting her before we go out. He sits there on the phone for 5 mins, my blood was boiling, i had people waiting for us and i hate being late all cos he was late AGAIN at there specified delivery time. When he finally comes to the door, without an apologie again, he only has 1 box of shopping of a £100 order. Well needless to say i totally flipped out, i was fuming after being messed around so much. As i was angry he refused to let me speak, saying he was only a driver, which infurated me even more, he then refused to serve me, which was fine had he of let me speak i would have told him to take it away, i mean what use is one box of a £100 order to me? I called and complained and was told that he had gone back to the store and complained about me WTF, i am 5'2 and heavily preg.

Anyway this whole situation made my asthma play up, i was literraly shaking from anger, and for the past week have had to go to my dr's and been seriously struggling. The consutultants are discussing early induction due to other problems, and this was all i need. How dare a little boy from asda treat me like that after i have been messed around so much by them?

I would be very interested to here what the asda team has to say in there defence on this matter?

I work for Tesco home shopping! And the reason for all these delays /no deliveries is down to the companies GREED!! They will take on way too many orders than their pickers and drivers are capable of finishing. At the moment my store is having terrible complaints which I actually welcome with open arms!

The more people who complain the quicker these companies will take not that not only are the customers unhappy but their employees are too!

I do honestly sympathise with each and every one of you!

My contracted hours are 6am- 2pm and I rarely get out on time!

We are all dusgusing with the drivers too have a strike unless it gets sorted!

All you girls need to complain at every oppurtunity if you aren't satified!

Also used Sainsburys this week and they were wonderful, EVERYTHING asda isnt.

Also used Sainsburys this week and they were wonderful, EVERYTHING asda isnt.

ASDA TEAM EMAIL IS [email protected] I doubt she will be back in this thread ...tell her your order number and she will try to sort it ...that behavior is disgusting i tell u asda need some lessons in how to treat customers ...i would use sainsburys but they dont deliver to me :hugs:

just thought i'd add to this ...a few weeks ago me n mum went to ASDA n got about 20 pound of shopping.seen as we only had a few bits we used the self-check out. as mum put her card in the reader it said 'remove card and swipe on the side of the monitor' so just as she went too do this the 'helper' and i say that with sarcasm!...snatched mums card said 'don't do that' put the card back in the reader . it then continued and offered cash back n took her pin...the woman then pressed something else and the screen froze...she went on to tell mum that it was a problem with her card and we need to go through the checkout again...so we did

this woman was soo rude!...the next day mum realises that the money had been taken twice...once from the checkout and once from the self scan that the woman screwed up!! so after 3 days of complaining we were finaly told it will take a week to sort out...luckly we managed to get a hold of probbly the only person on the customer service counter with an ounce of noggin ang all was fixed within 2 min.

needless to say we don't use the self scan n e more.

just thought i'd add to this ...a few weeks ago me n mum went to ASDA n got about 20 pound of shopping.seen as we only had a few bits we used the self-check out. as mum put her card in the reader it said 'remove card and swipe on the side of the monitor' so just as she went too do this the 'helper' and i say that with sarcasm!...snatched mums card said 'don't do that' put the card back in the reader . it then continued and offered cash back n took her pin...the woman then pressed something else and the screen froze...she went on to tell mum that it was a problem with her card and we need to go through the checkout again...so we did

this woman was soo rude!...the next day mum realises that the money had been taken twice...once from the checkout and once from the self scan that the woman screwed up!! so after 3 days of complaining we were finaly told it will take a week to sort out...luckly we managed to get a hold of probbly the only person on the customer service counter with an ounce of noggin ang all was fixed within 2 min.

needless to say we don't use the self scan n e more.

This sound something familiar to what happen to me BUT I was not charged at all.

I had to swipe the card on the side and this women played hell at me and snatch the card of me and was about to insert it into the card reader, I snatched it back and shouted you dont have the RIGHT to hold my card without my permission and said stuff the shopping and walked out

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->