• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Asking in-laws for a loan.

TaylorsMummyx

Reaction score
Hello there..

We are 4months to wedding, and things are awful. We budgeted for wedding and was on track, until fh had to take a lower paid job.

We are now 3k short.. We've paid 5k so far. My father has brought my dress and helping us survive each month. An old friends mum even sent us a check for £500!!

In laws are very well off. Nice holidays/home/car ect. We've never asked for help, but they offered to put £90 towards wedding cake.

We have two choices... Ask in laws for a 2k loan, paid back £200 a month. Or cancel the wedding.

I have no idea what to do, no chance of putting wedding back abit. I'm so stressed and not even enjoying panning anymore.

I don't know what to do :.(

I would ask them. The worst that can happen is that they say is no

Hmm personally I'd never ask anyone for money, if we are offered then I grab it with 2 hands but I wouldn't ask!
I think it depends on your relationship with them and if they are the kind of People that are happy to lend money!
If you think they would be happy to loan it to you then go for it :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cnewt116
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->