Aspirin after bfp?

Curlymikes

Reaction score
I just got my bfp tonight at 9dpo! I have had 2 mcs and a chemical so i am cautious. I heard that taking aspirin after bfp might help in recurrent losses. Is anyone taking it? I am desperate for anything to make this baby stick.

Hi! I'm in exactly the same boat as you! 11dpo today and getting bfps since 9dpo. I had a chem in March then miscarriages in May & June, both at just under 6 weeks. As I had a successful pregnancy and birth back in 2010, my doctor doesn't feel there is an issue - it's just one of those things. There are so many conflicting reports about aspirin though, that it's hard to know which decision will be the right one. Do I just ride it out or does my body need a helping hand?? xx

Hi ladies, iv had 2 miscarriages in the last year and am now pregnant again. My OB put me on progesterone pessaries since my BFP and I had already put myself on aspirin since I got a positive ovulation test. As it happens at my first appt last week he prescribed aspirin at which point I told him I was already taking it!
I had obtained the low dose (75mg) aspirin from England but he has prescribed me the 100mg dose that they use for cardiac patients here in Switzerland.

I have had no adverse reactions !
Good luck
L xx:flower:

My RE had me take a baby aspirin daily until around 9 weeks. I didn't have a history of miscarriages, but since I had a history of infertility I think he wanted me to go ahead and take it preventatively just in case. Good luck!!

I am taking 75mg daily as I have had two miscarriages. The early pregnancy unit are not willing to see me until 7 weeks, the first midwife appt tends to be around 8 weeks, and my doctor allegedly doesn't deal with pregnancy, so I really am on my own here!

It is such a hard decision to make! Hope all goes well!

I had 3 miscarriages and when i became pregnant with my daughter my OB had me take low dose aspirin everyday. I took it my entire pregnancy and didn't have any effects from it. Good luck!!

Hi, I was put on baby aspirin after 2 mc, however I still miscarried. I had more testing done after that and I am now on all that is in my signature, Clexane injection is a blood thinner. Good luck.

Ive been taking baby aspirin as soon as I got my BFP. I've had 3 losses, and I hadnt taken BA with any of them, so I just added the BA to my prenatal pills this time, and Voila!! Im now nearly 12 weeks pregnant... all my previous losses were around 6-7 weeks, so Im stoked to have made it this far! i attribute it all to the baby aspirin, its a miracle drug. I take 80mg/day and I intend on taking it up until labor

My RE also has me taking baby aspirin. It's suppose to help the blood flow.

My RE put me on it when we started ttc with treatment almost 2 years ago. Says it helps blood flow to the uterus when ttc and helps reduce clots that cause miscarriage when pregnant. At this time he said I can stop it when I hit second trimester but I'll ask my ob about it to a see if I should continue longer.

I've been using 81mg aspirin and needs to continue until 1 week before baby's birth. Will be a having c-section. I also used progesterone until 13 weeks (something to look into maybe?) Now, studies have found that aspirin can actually reduse the risk of pre-eclampsia if taken in smaal dosages daily.

Hey! First, congrats! I will pray for a sticky one! I too, am taking aspirin, 81 mg daily, and had low progesterone in my miscarriage, however, I will just be taking the aspirin only! Hoping that my body will do it's magic, my doctor told me aspirin will definitely help what it can!

I would def take it with a multi vit- I havent fallen preg again since my m/c in 09 but im willing to bet it would help!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
queenmom14
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->