Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Sweetness - I'm glad you decided to go in early for another u/s. Peace of mind is a great thing!!

Sorry for the double post for those who are on all forums...

Sorry I didn't write yesterday ladies.. I have had horrible all day sickness and was throwing up most of the night last night... calling my OB today to see what I can do..Ive even lost weight.

So the sonogram looked perfect, measured exactly 6w2d with a HB of 130. However, my HCG level was only at 16,700... she said it's a bit lower than she had hoped for... what could that mean? Something wrong again? I go in next Monday for my next sono and she said she isn't drawing blood at that point.

BabyD - I'm not sure why she is even drawing a beta at this point. My RE hasn't in almost two weeks. I think the fact that your u/s is right on track, baby measuring correct size and that strong heart beat is a fantastic sign!!! So happy for you!!!

Hi baby,

I agree with Em, I'm surprised they would need to know beta levels at this stage. A good heartbeat is a great sign. Congrats!

My little lady is extra wriggly this week! My husband has started to feel movement and a couple of times I've even seen my tummy move! Pretty amazing stuff.

Hope everyone is well!

Hi baby,

I agree with Em, I'm surprised they would need to know beta levels at this stage. A good heartbeat is a great sign. Congrats!

My little lady is extra wriggly this week! My husband has started to feel movement and a couple of times I've even seen my tummy move! Pretty amazing stuff.

Hope everyone is well!

Aww how exciting!! That must be the most amazing feeling :)

Thanks ladies.. she said she only checked the beta because of my last miscarriage and she normally gets three betas before releasing to OB... She would have released me yesterday based on my sonogram but because of the number so low at this point she wanted to see me again next week for one last visit.

I put a call into my OB anyway to see what he thinks and to see what I can do about this MS.... if Zofran is needed or not.

Thanks ladies.. she said she only checked the beta because of my last miscarriage and she normally gets three betas before releasing to OB... She would have released me yesterday based on my sonogram but because of the number so low at this point she wanted to see me again next week for one last visit.

I put a call into my OB anyway to see what he thinks and to see what I can do about this MS.... if Zofran is needed or not.

ok I guess that makes sense why she would want a beta but in general the ultrasound is much more important at this point and you're right on track. Sorry you have this additional stress. This whole journey is full of waiting and worrying :hugs: Hope your OB can give you something for the m/s

BabyD I agree with the others. I think the ultrasound is the most important information at this point and it sounds great! So focus on that and just take it as you will get an extra ultrasound of your munchkin!

Sept, that's awesome your hubby got to feel kicking this week. I was just telling mine i think he'll be feeling it soon. The past few days they've just felt so much stronger which is just amazing, makes me smile every time!

l4hope & Sept- That must feel amazing... I hope I feel that soon!

BabyD you WILL!!! I think your ultrasound just sounds great. PMA girl!

BabyD: my RE stopped doing betas after the one at 15dp5dt. I know it's easier said than done, but I don't think it's something to be concerned about.

So, I had an appointment with the nurse at my new OB today. They have some weird intake process where they make you have an appointment with the nurse first. She told me they don't do an u/s until 20 weeks! 20 freakin weeks!!! Until then, they will listen to the heartbeat on a doppler every 4 weeks.

Plus, she knew nothing about IVF. I had to explain why last menstral period wasn't really important. Anyway, they said I can talk to the doctor next week about having more frequent ultrasounds. I'm DEFINITELY going to do that. I can't wait 12 weeks for the next look at or measurement of my baby!

First- I'd think about going to another new OB! The fact that they didn't know about IVF is strange! And no ultrasounds until 20 weeks.. that sounds crazy to me!! Are they affiliated with a hospital by you or something? If you're ok with all that, then keep going, but I think you deserve better treatment!

First- I'd think about going to another new OB! The fact that they didn't know about IVF is strange! And no ultrasounds until 20 weeks.. that sounds crazy to me!! Are they affiliated with a hospital by you or something? If you're ok with all that, then keep going, but I think you deserve better treatment!

Yes, they are affiliated with a hospital that is 3 miles from us and has a top-10 NICU. So, we'll give them a try.

P.S. - See my new pic! If you look closely, you can see the head on the right (lower round thing) and arms and legs on the top!!!

Attachments

• photo-28.jpg
    photo-28.jpg
    36.3 KB · Views: 8
omg First- that is amazing!!! what a sono pic!! Mine never seemed that close up! How wonderful! do you keep staring at it?? How cool.

omg First- that is amazing!!! what a sono pic!! Mine never seemed that close up! How wonderful! do you keep staring at it?? How cool.

Honestly, we are still so cautious, that no, we don't stare at it. DH is more cautious than I am. We are getting more confident one day at a time. I realized at the OB's office that no one else was worried that my pregnancy could fail. But I don't want to get too confident because it would make a loss that much worse.

I feel like only others who've struggled with infertility can understand; that's why I'm so happy to have you guys :flower:

Aww.. so very true my dear! xoxoxo

I can totally empathize with you on every point.... maybe out of the first trimester we'll all be able to take a sigh of relief! (Also daily reminders like nausea, PIO, estrogen, etc doesn't help!)

First - what a great pic!!!! :happydance: mine isn't that close up it's really great to see all the details of your little one :). Congrats!! Totally feel the same way about being cautious. I think making it to the second tri will be a huge relief for all of us :hugs:

Here is my u/s pic from yesterday :).

https://i485.photobucket.com/albums/rr214/vp9361/44631201-e953-47de-a29b-2432d880cfa9.jpg

First - what a great pic!!!! :happydance: mine isn't that close up it's really great to see all the details of your little one :). Congrats!! Totally feel the same way about being cautious. I think making it to the second tri will be a huge relief for all of us :hugs:

Thank you, Em. This is my 8w2d pic. My 6w3d pic looks like almost nothing and is very tiny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->