Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Isn't it fun to guess what we are all having?
I did a tarot card reading that said if you asked about pregnancy you are having a GIRL! I was like.. how on earth did I get that card out of the whole deck? :shrug:
Chinese calendar said BOY, but since we did IVF and it uses the day of conception, I'm not really sure what day I'm supposed to use? If I use the day 5 days before my FET it says a BOY, and if I use the day the egg and sperm actually met (Dec 10th, 2012) it says BOY. Or maybe neither date is correct? :shrug:
I also did the thing with the needle on a string, it said GIRL.

People keep asking me if I have a preference (yes I have spread the word locally) and I keep telling them that I'll be happy with either, as long as they are healthy!

BTW.. You can still wear your own pants for now, just get some belly bands! I just bought some this morning. I've also been scoping out places to buy maternity clothes. I tend to dress pretty casually, so I'm looking at JC Penney, Old Navy, Target and Kohls. While I'm not showing, just a little bloat, I find that my uterus doesn't like the pressure of pants on it :dohh: it makes me queasy. Same with when my dog crawls up next to me and pushed her rear end into my belly, that makes me queasy too! So while my pants fit, they bother my baby. So I'm planning on making the switch to maternity sooner than later!

oh Ali- I'm totally with you... I'm currently at work (I'm a supervising teacher) and I'm in sweatpants.. my Jeans and other pants don't fit and I haven't seen the belly bands.. where did you get them from? I can't wait to get into maternity clothes.. it's so much more comfy.. and with all this nausea, anything on my stomach, chest or neck makes me wanna die... I wish I could hang out naked.. jk... :)

My dh asked why my boobs are swollen yet like last pregnancy.. I guess he doesn't like the nausea this time. When was everyone cleared for BD'ing? We forgot to ask the RE.. and we haven't in quite a while.. not that I want to with all this MS.. but he certainly does.

Em - I remember that bloat. It was like Christmas the day I transitioned to maternity pants. So good!!

Ali - like you, I've looked at the Chinese calendar and read up on a bunch of old wives tales. Seems to be an even split between boy and girl. DH and I are waiting until delivery to find out. In the beginning I was Team girl. Now I'm thinking its a boy. No mothers intuition here...

Baby - my OB said BDing is fine, as long as I'm in the mood. However after a bleed and a trip to the hospital at 15 weeks, I found out I have a low placenta so was told no more until after baby. That was 11 weeks ago and we've got 14 more to go. DH and I both might explode :cry:

Oh my gosh that's a long wait.. you can't BD or no O-ing altogether? And then 6 weeks after the baby is born u have to wait! You'll be like a virgin again!

BabyD - I'm pretty sure Loft only sells maternity online. I got a Bella Band too and I wore it yesterday for the first time and I love it! I ordered mine from amazon.

My RE said it's ok to BD but I'm too scared still. Poor DH!!

Screena- yes we are very excited ! :)

As far as BDing for me have bleeding off and on and I know if we do it's gunna be worse. Also DH is soooooo excited he's afraid to lol. He doesn't want anything to happen to our babies this time. :) ( I know but that's what he thinks).

And the sex of the babies. My RE told me there have been studies done showing if you don't find out the sex they are born closer to term with less complications. He is going to give us research on it at my 10 week appt. so now I might not find out the gender of our babies :). Ooooo it's going to be hard.

I got my Bella Band at Motherhood. Had to ask someone where they were cuz they're packaged kinda like pantyhose/tights. Best thing ever before you're ready for maternity clothes. I too would feel sick if my pants were squeezing my tummy.

I was afraid to be at first too and swore I wouldn't do it till after my first tri even though doctor said it was fine. However I gave in to dh around 10-11 weeks. I didn't have any bleeding so had no excuse. Wannabe that really stinks you can't bd for so long! You'll be so excited to get the go ahead again!

I have zero intuition what we're having too. BanyD I like that study about not finding out. Ill have to tell my hubby as he kinda hates that we're waiting!

Oops I mean sweetness I like that study! I think pregnancy brain has really kicked in lately! I've been very forgetful and spacy! :haha:

This is the one that Em was talking about:

https://www.amazon.com/BellaBand-Wo...TF8&qid=1371750904&sr=8-1&keywords=bella+band

I got this one:

https://www.amazon.com/Baby-Be-Mine...-2&keywords=baby+be+mine+maternity+belly+band

We'll see how it works, it is wider than the bella band, but it will get me through until the end.

Congrats ali :) So happy things are going great and now you can have a little sign of relief!

Happy 7 weeks Em :)

All this talk about BD'ing....oddly enough my DH won't while I am pg :wacko: He said my belly/baby psychs him out. MEN! And I have been too scared anyway after 3 times of IVF to get to this point!

Well you think no BD'ing for a few months is bad? I haven't had :sex: in about a year now! :wacko: Being single does suck sometimes. I kept joking with my friends that I'm the only one trying to get pregnant, while actively trying NOT to have :sex: :haha:

Very true ali ;) I am not complaining though cause I am sooooo incredibly uncomfortable that its the last thing on my mind :haha:

Congrats ali :) So happy things are going great and now you can have a little sign of relief!

Happy 7 weeks Em :)

All this talk about BD'ing....oddly enough my DH won't while I am pg :wacko: He said my belly/baby psychs him out. MEN! And I have been too scared anyway after 3 times of IVF to get to this point!

Mich-- I don't k ow if you saw my post but my DH is terrified to. He doesn't want to "hurt" the babies :). Which is a ok now cause my bleeding off and on

Very true ali ;) I am not complaining though cause I am sooooo incredibly uncomfortable that its the last thing on my mind :haha:

Me neither at the moment! My MS is getting worse, I've puked 2 days in a row now, 3 so far this week. The rest of the time I have varying amounts of nausea, from mild to severe. I am trying hard to think positively that this is good right?

Has anyone tried these?

https://www.early-pregnancy-tests.c...aign=froogle&gclid=CNah8Lan87cCFc9AMgod32IAig

A friend recommended them, but she never tried them. Was hoping someone had? I'm dying here, and I'm not even 7 weeks yet! So I fear it will continue to get worse.

Ali- my friend had them and loooooooved them!!!!

So weird thing tell me if this makes since. Ok so if I get up early before I wake up on my own my MS is pretty bad all day. But if I sleep in til like 1030-1100 or when I wake up I really don't have any. And actually feel more hungry. Any other aides have this or think its weird??? I'm off mon- fri typically so get to sleep in a lot

Ali- my friend had them and loooooooved them!!!!

So weird thing tell me if this makes since. Ok so if I get up early before I wake up on my own my MS is pretty bad all day. But if I sleep in til like 1030-1100 or when I wake up I really don't have any. And actually feel more hungry. Any other aides have this or think its weird??? I'm off mon- fri typically so get to sleep in a lot

That totally makes sense to me! I feel fine (or at least I have felt better) on the weekends, but not so great during the week. I honestly think it has to be a function of sleep, wearing more comfortable clothes, and being able to rest or nap in the afternoons. At least thats what its like for me!

Yea Sweet, that is how my DH is too! Tells me that this LO will come out and repeatively smack him in the face and say "How do you like it" :haha: Men say the craziest things sometimes :)

I have not tried them ali, but I heard they were good. Not sure who mentioned it or on what thread, but someone said to have a piece of toast with peanut butter before bed to help level out sugar levels through the night; and have crackers before even getting out of bed. I wish I knew all this 4 years ago when I was pg with Tyler cause my MS was AWFUL!!! So I can relate, but I just dealt with it. This time around, practically nothing...thank goodness!

Have you tried sea sickness bands? They're doing wonders for me alicot!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mnmorrison79
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->