Assisted Conception and LTTTC - Due in 2013/2014

Ladies I'm so excited. Took babies to the drs today. They have gained so well that I no longer have to top them up with formula, I can finally exclusively bfeed!

Congrats Wellsk! Sweet pic of baby Iris!!

Sounds like everyone is getting along better with bfing. Nobody talks about this stuff when you're not in the club. Breastfeeding is HARD for many women. My little guy was premie so when we started bfing we used a shield and still do now at almost 7months. He just won't nurse without it. I started out pumping after every feeding while he was a sleepy eater. Then at 4months my supply dipped again and I was pumping after every feeding and supplementing bottles of a bm/formula combo. I was so upset about it but once I gave in it made things much better. At least I'm able to nurse some. And now I only pump three times a day and have been pumping enough for his bottles with no formula. You just gotta find what works for mom and baby.

I forgot to tell you ladies about my bad experience with my dad's mom on the day of delivery (technically my grandmother, but there is a lot of negative issues so I don't really refer to her that way..she came with my dad. Not happy on my part but oh well)....Anyways, you all know I was team yellow. And I was excited about telling my mom when she got there we had a boy. My dad and gma wasnt supposed to come until 3-4 pm but they left early because they thought traffic would be bad (lives 4 hours away) and ended up there at 2pm. I was already annoyed at that because I wanted my mom to be the first there and she was on her way, in the lot looking for parking. So I ask them to step out at around 2:15-2:30 because I needed to breastfeed. My mom makes it up and comes in when I finish and she was excited to bring this dress that was mine when I was born in case its a girl and she can wear it home...Well she comes in the room and says well I guess you don't need this. Your grandmother spoiled it for me and told me it was a boy. The lady knew too that I was waiting for my mom to come to announce it that I wanted to tell her. But this is just like her personality to do something like this and I am still upset about it. I wanted to say something to my dad about it but he will probably think nothing of it. Sorry to rant here but I am still upset that this woman who really cares nothing about my side of the family (just hers and wants to announce she has a great grandchild) took all the joy from me and my mother! I need to let this go.

Anyways, hope everyone else is doing well and everyone's LOs are doing well!!!! :)

l4 I totally agree. No one explains how hard bfeeding is. I remember going to a baby class with my first dd and 3/4 of the class was formula feeding and everyone began sharif their bfeeding stories and challenges. It was so relieving to hear how many struggled. It is always made out to be so natural

Mo so sorry that happened. It's really tough to let go of how we think that special day should go. And it's unfortunate that it was something a family member did knowingly. It might make it easier for you to let go if you tell your dad or even his mom how you feel about her actions.

Not the same but similar..we were team yellow too. When I found out I had to have csection under general anesthesia I was so upset. I had family there and we made them wait until I could see my son before we let them know. My sister and law and her husband had to leave before even knowing what we had or seeing him. But I had a hard time letting go that my husband and I didn't get to share that moment together. It still makes me a little sad thinking about it. Point is this is a once in a lifetime event so you have every right to be upset that your dads mom spoiled part of it. But on the letting go...you and your mom will have so many beautiful special moments that your "grandmother" will have nothing to do with. :hugs:

thanks L4 :hugs: i didnt realize you had to have general for your c-section :( i would be upset also., but i guess things cant be changed once they happen so i need to get over it.

other news i thought baby wasnt getting enough milk or my supply was low because how he has been feeding only to be told he is gaining too much weight too quickly and if I wanted to I could wait more time between feedings (3-4 hrs vs 2-3) and dont wake him to eat if I dont want to. Im glad I went to see lactation consultant now as it def calmed my nerves. He gained 13 oz in a week this week and last week 11 oz in 8 days.

Mobaby I think too different drs have different opinions on weight gain too. I havevread of other oeople sayibg their drs said too much but my dr amd irgers have said if breat feedding they eont over eat but that there is mire risk when they are bottle fed. My dd1 gained a lot and quickly too but is completely average a d was always proportionate. Even the twins gained a lot Maddie gained 19oz in 10 days and Paige gained 14oz in 10 days. The lactation consultant told me they should gain .5-1oz per day but my babies have always gained more and have been fine.

I'm not changing anything even though she said that... He is still small (11-12% weight) so he can use some weight gain. His frequent feedings aren't really bothering me (yet) but at least I know he can go longer if need be :) 19oz and 14 in10 days! Wow :) you have healthy eaters.

Hey Girls!! So I was officially diagnosed with cholestasis today! It's not a good thing, but words cannot express how grateful I am to finally know for sure what is causing this otherworldly itching!!! Worst thing that's ever happened to me!!! I started bile-reducing meds today, so doc said we may be able to get to 37 or 38 weeks if my levels go down...figured I'd solicit some good mama vibes from y'all!!! Other than that, things are looking good. Twins have passed 3 outta 3 NST tests, which I'm pretty psyched about. Met with the head of the NICU today in regard to my little lady's lung lesion, and that went really well! Last day of school was Friday, and I am 34 weeks today. Last week's growth scan has the lady at 4.9 lbs. and the fella at 5.7. Hurray! All prayers and good vibes accepted for a positive next few weeks!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Can the twin mamas refresh my memory about how far along they were when their babes arrived??

Turkey so excited for you - you are so close now!!!! Sorry to hear about the itching though.

My twins were born 37weeks 6days by csection because they were both transverse.

Turkey sorry about the diagnosis. The itching sounds terrible! Twins sound like they are nice sizes!! Avg twin pregnancy is aroubd 35 weeks. I think most here went between 37-38 weeks. Not too much longer for you. Hopefully those meds work quickly.

Turkey- I hope it gets better

My boys were born 31+4 and they did awesome (neonatologist said they were show offs because they did so amazing) your 34 your set. I think I'm the only one that went early. The docs did day they were just running out of room and they were already so big for their gestation that it was time

Hey Girls!! So I was officially diagnosed with cholestasis today! It's not a good thing, but words cannot express how grateful I am to finally know for sure what is causing this otherworldly itching!!! Worst thing that's ever happened to me!!! I started bile-reducing meds today, so doc said we may be able to get to 37 or 38 weeks if my levels go down...figured I'd solicit some good mama vibes from y'all!!! Other than that, things are looking good. Twins have passed 3 outta 3 NST tests, which I'm pretty psyched about. Met with the head of the NICU today in regard to my little lady's lung lesion, and that went really well! Last day of school was Friday, and I am 34 weeks today. Last week's growth scan has the lady at 4.9 lbs. and the fella at 5.7. Hurray! All prayers and good vibes accepted for a positive next few weeks!!! Thanks in advance!!!

Can the twin mamas refresh my memory about how far along they were when their babes arrived??

I was 36w4d.. I really limped along to get there. My babies were both in the 5lb range... we were blessed to not have had NICU at all ;) We went home after 48 hours due to vaginal delivery.

Hi All! My twins were born at 35w+5days. One just under 5 lbs the other just over 5 lbs. They were emergency csection since I had full on eclampsia. Monday was their 2 months check up and Jocelyn is 10.4 lbs and Kaitlyn is 11.5 lbs! They are doing well.

That's great weights Mel's. any updated pics of your girls? How about the other babies? :)

Kaitlyn on left, Jocelyn on right.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 6

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members