Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

Hi Ladies!
Sushine-yay for being 14 weeks :)
Wantanerd-so exciting you are leaving tomorrow I am so jealous! Enjoy that sun!!!
AFM-went to the Dr last Friday and she said that all looks great, got to hear the heartbeats which was really nice. She also told me that all the prenatal sceening checked out fine which was a big releif! Have 2 scans this week, 1 wednesday with the FS and one at the hospital on Friday. Also have to have an echocardiogram on friday to check my heart murmur. Hopefully all checks out OK.
Hope everyone has a good week :)

Happy 2nd tri sunshine :thumbup: I'm 13 weeks and I'm still feeling a bit crappy, still having lots of nausea and feeling very tired

Enjoy fl wantanerd, I'd love to see some sunshine, very very grey here in the uk today

2 scans in one week harvest, how fantastic :thumbup:

Hope everyone else is doing well xxx

Hey

Good luck with the scans and heart checkup Harvest.
Wantanerd - have a fab time in the sun, yes very jealous its a very cold and wet day in London today :cold:

Mrs sunshine - i'm with you on the tiredness, it had kind of got better last week but i'm back to being knackered all the time. :sleep:

i've got my next scan next mon 30th Jan... bit nervous but i'll be 9 weeks then so i'm hoping there will be more to see and baby will be bigger and have a strong heartbeat.

Re: flying... we're thinking of booking a holiday for early april, does anyone know when its considered safe to fly and when not?

I'm sure your scan will be lovely next week pinkfee, baby will have grown quite a lot

Re flying I would check with your midwife/consultant, but you are allowed to fly in pregnancy, so it should be ok

Xx

Its usually ok to fly during the first and second trimesters. Check with your doctors to see when the cut off is for flying. I have two flights today to get to FL. And I have anxiety flying and since I am pregnant, no valum. Hoping the benedryl knocks me out and eases travel for me. When I get back on the plane at the end of Feb, I will be HUGE!!!!

Harvest and Pink, hope your scans go well!

I am so happy to escape Colorado! Its snowing and raining here today.

Wantanerd - Have so much fun on your long vacay :) I am in South Florida and it has been gorgeous here (well except today it is rainy haha). But ya, highs in the 70s and lows in the 50s...and really sunny! I just wish I could enjoy it and not be cooped up in my office all the time :)

I will need to talk to my doctor about flying too. One of my very best friends wedding is in California and I will be 31 weeks. All of my friends told me it was fine (one is a flight attendant and flew up to 34 weeks) but it still makes me nervous. I am so torn...I don't want to miss the wedding but I don't want to chance it if I go into early labor.

Its up to your doctor, the really conservative ones don't like to let you fly after the third trimester but most let you fly until 34 weeks. If you are high risk then I think its closer to the third trimester mark.

My doctor told me to make sure I drink a lot of water and move around (go to the bathroom) to keep up circulation on long flights.

I'm flying at about 12 weeks, too. My sil flew to our wedding and had her baby 2 days later. :saywhat: She's a midwife though and probably could care less what anyone told her because she was determined not to miss our wedding. :haha:

Anyone else dealing with painful bowel movements? I had a lot of blood from one today and it freaked me out. I can finally drink water though (from my ohss) and am stocking up on fiber-filled foods.

Touch-nice to see you around! How have you been? Everything still going OK? getting a nice big bump yet?
Would you ladies be interested in posting some bump pics? I am curious to see how I compare to other twin bumps! I will try to post one tonight.
Rosa-my BMs have been painful too, really sharp gas pain feeling. I have been drinking tons of water and eating lots of prunes which helps a ton!

hey harvest! yes my bump is quite big now. i will try to post a pic soon. i've been MIA as i'm still dealing with a lot on the homefront. i've been totally overwhelmed and trying to keep busy as a way of distracting myself. i can't remember if i posted any info in the past, but last month we found out my dads cancer is back (3rd time) and on his liver. a couple days after that my OH had a seizure (absolutely no history), and she was totally stiff and unresponsive and i had to call 911. it was the most terrifying thing i've ever been through. this was all in the week before xmas. we flew out to see my parents for the week after xmas and have been consumed by dr appts since we got back. my dad was supposed to have surgery yesterday but once they got in there they realized his cancer was much more advanced than they thought and inoperable. it has also spread to his stomach. so needless to say my life has been flipped upside down and thats why i haven't been online as much. sorry for unloading all of that!

on a positive note, my lil man is doing great and is SOOO active. he gives big huge kicks that my OH can easily feel. we just finished our registry and we are getting the house ready for baby :)

I'm so sorry about your dad touch the sky, what sad news :hugs: Is your OH ok after her seizure? You've definitely had a very rough time :hugs:

Xxx

hey harvest! yes my bump is quite big now. i will try to post a pic soon. i've been MIA as i'm still dealing with a lot on the homefront. i've been totally overwhelmed and trying to keep busy as a way of distracting myself. i can't remember if i posted any info in the past, but last month we found out my dads cancer is back (3rd time) and on his liver. a couple days after that my OH had a seizure (absolutely no history), and she was totally stiff and unresponsive and i had to call 911. it was the most terrifying thing i've ever been through. this was all in the week before xmas. we flew out to see my parents for the week after xmas and have been consumed by dr appts since we got back. my dad was supposed to have surgery yesterday but once they got in there they realized his cancer was much more advanced than they thought and inoperable. it has also spread to his stomach. so needless to say my life has been flipped upside down and thats why i haven't been online as much. sorry for unloading all of that!

on a positive note, my lil man is doing great and is SOOO active. he gives big huge kicks that my OH can easily feel. we just finished our registry and we are getting the house ready for baby :)

What a rough few months Touch :( I am so sorry to hear about your dad's cancer and your OH's seizure...so strange to have that with no history. So will your dad be going through Chemo or Radiation? I can't imagine how heartbreaking this is...I think about my own dad and can't imagine. Especially to deal with this when you are pregnant and all of your emotions/hormones are heightened. At least your little guy is kicking away and can put a smile on your face.

Sending hugs and prayers your way :hugs:

Wow touch, so sorry to hear you are having such a rough time! Thoughts are with you! Don't be sorry for unloading, that is exactly what we are here for. Sending you huge hugs! Is your OH feeling better? I hope she is OK. When I was a kid I used to have seizures but haven't had one since I was 12 so they can go away, try not to worry. Really sorry to hear about your dad, cancer is such a difficult thing to deal with, try to stay strong and focus on your little guy. Good to hear you guys are starting to get things ready for baby, it's fun isn't it?

Well had my last visit with the FS yesterday and he put me on modified bed rest because my cervix is a little shorter that they like to see. Normal is 4 cm and mine is 3.7 cm so not too bad but he wants to be cautious. So no work or exercise for me for at least the next 2 months. On a positive note have another ultrasound tomorrow, can't wait to see the babies, they are getting so big! If you ladies have any suggestions for books/movies/sit down hobby's please let me know before I go stir crazy!

thanks everyone :hugs: my OH is doing better now. during the MRI of her brain (to double check everything is ok after her seizure) they found a growth on her pituitary gland, so now we are having to see a neurologist AND an endocrinologist! the growth is fine and benign, but she will need to take meds for it.

my dad will need chemo indefinitely, basically to extend his life :( so shitty. i plan on googling to find another doctor for a 2nd opinion, just to make sure.

on a much happier note we had an ultrasound today and lil man is doing great! tried to do another 3D u/s but he was faced away from us and not cooperating. we finally got close to a face shot and then he covered his face with his hand. difficult, just like his mommy, ha!

hope everyone is well :)

Touch the sky, sorry that your going through such a tough time, but glad your lil man is doing well... so funny that even in the womb they won't do what you want them to!!!

And there is def no harm in getting a second opinion.

Harvest hope the u/s goes well... goodness two months bed rest, naturally you'll do whatever is necessary but i'd find that difficult aswell.
i'd probably get myself some box sets of tv shows... have you watched Grey's Anatomy, Dexter, The Wire, The Sopranos... they're all good series that i've enjoyed and alot of them have many seasons so you could just work your way through them....

any good at needlework? as cross stitch is a sitting activity or knitting, make a blanket for the babies?

Harvest, 2 months bed rest is tough! I would definitely be going stir crazy! I hope you have netflix and hulu! I would be catching up a lot on reading as well.

Touch sorry to hear about all the stuff happening! sending positive energy your way!

Plane ride was full of bumps and delays but he loved it! He was kicking away during the flights. He was the most active he has been. Got in at 3 in the morning but have been enjoying FL ever since. Helping my stepfather build some furniture today. I figure its great practice for when I have to assemble the crib!

hello everyone.
I'm glad to hear everyone's babies are doing well :)

Touch, I'm so sorry to hear things are so rough for you right now. I'm glad they've found a cause for your OH's seizures. I know people who've had them once or twice and never again, but they can leave someone tired for a few weeks. So I'm afraid you might have to take care of her!

So many in 2nd trimester now. It still forever away for me! But things are going ok, no more bleeding and I've weaned myself off the progesterone. Next scan is at the EPAU on monday, cant' wait of course! We've told quite a few people now, as we saw a bunch of friends in london at the weekend. and then had to visit OH's family as his gran died, so it seemed a good time to share good news.

Hope everyone continues to do well.
hugs xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"