Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

Cute bump photos Michelle, you look a lovely size :thumbup: Excitibg that you get to see your girls again this week. Sure it must be normal for babies to grow at different speeds after all surely not every baby is exactly the same :shrug:

Rosa I didn't get any spotting after I stopped the progesterone, if you're worried call your doctor, but am sure it's perfectly normal

harvest - I have never heard of that test. It is good that the doctors are being extra cautious...I will keep your babies in my thoughts and prayers. I hope all is OK.

I am loving the updates from teh rest of you ladies (especially the bump pics). I feel like my bump isn't cute, it just looks like I ate too much or have lots of bloat haha.

We find out the sex a week from Thursday! It was gonna be next Monday but DH can't do it now until Thursday with word. Oh well, I guess I can wait a couple more days.

Hi ladies,
Squirrel- glad your sickness isn't too bad, good you have something to take if you have to. It will ease up soon!
Michelle- cute bump pics! I am always curious to see how other twin moms look. I think our bumps are a similar size. Good luck with the ultrasound this week!
Rosa- I didn't have any spotting coming off the progesterone, but it sounds quite common. Try not to worry :)
Sunshine- thanks for the thoughts, I am sure this test will turn out fine, I am trying to be positive. It is next Monday. I am sure you have a cute bump, if not you will soon!!!!
Have a good day everyone, anyone else bachelor fans here? The highlight of Monday's!!! Can't wait to see the drama unfold tonight!

I'm totally a Bachelor fan! It's the only good thing about Mondays! :rofl: This season hasn't been all that great, though.

Sunshine -- wow, so exciting that you're about to find out the genders!!!!!!!!!!! So fun!

Hi ladies, I hope everyone is doing well. Thank you for all the kind comments about my bump. I feel like it gets bigger by the day now, so I am a little scared about how big and uncomfortable I am going to be when I get toward the end!

I have a question for my fellow twin moms, have any of you given any thought yet to whether or not you are going to BF your twins? I have said all along that I was going to try, and if it works great, but if it doesn't I'm not going to beat myself up over it. I am starting to get a little worried about how I will possibly be able to nurse 2 babies and keep my sanity. Now that I am getting close to the end of 2nd tri, I have been thinking about the practical stuff, and everything I have read about BF twins is that it is pretty much non-stop nursing or pumping at first, so I am starting to doubt that I can do it. Is there anyone else worried about this, or know anyone that has successfully BF twins?

A girl I worked with successfully bf twins and she had two other children at home too! So it can be done. I'm definitely going to try, but I'm like you if I can't manage I won't beat myself up over it. Can't believe you're nearly in your third tri!!!!

I am going to try my best to BF them, I know how important it is for them to get all the goods from it. If we need to supplement with formula we will but I am really hoping that the BFing works out :)We will see I will pump if i have to. I have heard that tandem BFing is not too easy if you are alone, might be easier to BF one after the other. I bumped into a girl last night whose twins are now 9 and she told me that she never got the girls on a schedule and they were up 8 times a night until they were 11 months old. I am hoping we can at least get them synchronized...we will see. It wil, be great for losing the weight too :)

I also plan to BF, though the logistics worry me. I've also read that it can be hard to tandem feed them by yourself in the beginning when they are all floppy. But I read something like you could sit on the floor with your back up against a couch, have one baby in a bouncy seat on your right, one on your left. Put one on the nursing pillow, then the second on the pillow, and then get each one latched on. :shrug:

I think getting them on a schedule will be key. If one wants to eat, feed them both. Otherwise you'll never get any breaks....

I plan on breastfeeding my twins too...that milk is so important for them...even it is just for a little while...I hope to pump too so I know how much they are eating and also DH or my mom can help! we will see how it goes...I can't imagine tandem but I agree if one is hungry feed both...you need somesort of routine!

good luck to all of us!!

How's everyone doing?

I "think" I'm starting to have more good days than bad with the MS, so FX'd it doesn't return with a vengence. Also, I had my 11 week scan and last appointment with my RE on Friday! I officially graduate to the OB/GYN now!

Here are the 3D pics I got! There was a lot of umbilical cord she had to cut out of the picture and cut off at least one of their legs... :haha: But in real life they look perfect!

Attachments

• 11w0d-5edit.jpg
    11w0d-5edit.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 3
  • 11w0d-6edit.jpg
    11w0d-6edit.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 3
Love the pics!

Baby shower was awesome, tons of clothes and gift cards. I only have to ship two things back. The rest should fit in the suitcases.

Love the pics squirrel! Those are cool :)
Wantanerd- glad you had fun at the shower!
Question for you ladies, anyone had pain in the ribs? I am suffering terribly! It is on the right side, my bottom rib. The pain is worst at night starting after dinner. I was ready to go to the ER last night it was so bad. Doctor appt Wednesday I will see if I can wait till the to see what is going on!
On a positive note we bought our bedding yesterday from babies r us. It is the carters bumble collection, it is super cute. It has been discontinued so we got a great deal :)
Hope everyone is having a good weekend!

Hello everyone, sorry for being awol so long. As my 12 week scan got closer I was getting more scared and less inclined to think baby thoughts (which clearly is impossible, but you know what I mean!)
But so far so good. The baby looked very cute on the scan! lots of wiggles etc. The NT part was fine, but of course meaningless till the bloods come back.
The Dr/consultant was pretty much useless and admitted he knew nothing about unicornate uterus, and so refered us back to the gynacologist who I saw originally. Which is fine by me, but means I still don't know what the plan is. I go for a scan at 14+5 (2 weeks today) to check the competency of my cervix and see the other doctor. Not sure what to expect or hope for, but looking forward to seeing our baby again!
It's been a frantic weekend with family and friends and spreading the good news. Everyone has made us feel sooooo special, and are so excited for us. I seemed to make everyone cry when I told them.
Although I'm scared of what the next trimester will bring for us, it's so much easier to be happy and excited then worried. And really nice that it's not a secret any more!

There's so many great bump and scan pics on here! the twin ones are just incredible! wow! so pleased you're all doing well baby wise. Touch I'm so terribly sorry about your father. Massive hugs to you.

xoxo

Baby choco at 12+2. (she was measuring 12+4!)

Can't wait to find out the sex - any guesses welcome!

Attachments

• 421363_10151289031290022_501630021_22836801_202519096_n.jpg
    421363_10151289031290022_501630021_22836801_202519096_n.jpg
    39.6 KB · Views: 3
IT'S A GIRL!!!! :) :) :)

We thought it was a girl this whole time but it was still a shock haha. We had an ultrasound with about 30 minutes worth of measuring/testing today...and baby girl just would NOT open her legs. Finally after some poking and prodding by the tech she did :) When she wouldn't open her legs, my hubby was like "good girl...keep those legs closed!"

Sunshine, congrats! So funny about what your dh said!! :haha: That's a long scan! Was it a special scan or just trying to see the sex?

Congratulations on the little girl :happydance: we find out babies sexes on Saturday I can't wait!!!

Congrats on a girl Sunshine! I'm crossing my fingers for pink here!

A special scan for downs and Trisomy 18 (we decided to have them done). Our 12 week scan went perfect...all measurements were great. This one today went good but they did find one marker (a Choroid Plexus Cyst) that can potentially increase chance of chromosonal abnormalities. This was one out of 13 markers they tested and they said it almost always goes away on it's own. Still really scary but I am really not too concerned. It wasn't coupled with any other markers and after going on some websites it seems like all should be OK. Now I just have some follow up appts and ultrasounds.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->