Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

Congrats on your little girl Sunshine!

SquirrelGirl, I love those pics of your babies, how amazing to be able to see them like that already!

Chocolatecat, I'm glad that everything is going well with u, I love your scan pic!

Wantanerd, I'm glad your shower went well and that you are enjoying Florida.

Harvest, how was your appt? Did they check on the baby's heart?

AFM, I saw the MFM last week and saw my girls. I am biased, but they are getting so freakin cute! I can't wait for the next 12 weeks to go by so I can finally hold them. My Baby A is still about a week behind her sister, so they are monitoring her growth. She has been smaller all along so I think she is just going to be smaller than her sister. I was less than 6 lbs when I was born full term, so I wasn't expecting to have big babies. They are both doing well though so far, so hopefully things stay that way for the next 3 months! The MFM wants me to increase my protein intake since Baby A is smaller than her sister, and that might help her to catch up or at least not fall any further behind. I saw my OB today, and the sonographer was great. Normally they just check the heartbeats, but she spent extra time letting me see the babies and getting some pictures. Baby A is head down at the moment and she is basically pushing her rear end into her sister's head. Baby A is going to be a handful, we can already tell. She is kicking and moving around most of the day now, and her sister is relatively calm. These next 12 weeks can't move fast enough!

Sunshine- yay for a baby girl!!! So exciting, I am hoping for at least 1 girl in there :) food. To hear your trisomy and downs scan were fine, big releif hey?
Mrssunshine-exciting you get to find out the sexes tomorrow! Do you have any guesses?
Choco- cute scan, glad everything is going well for you:)
Michelle- can't believe you are only 12 weeks away! How exciting :) not long now, are you hoping for a natural birth? I wonder when you will deliver, probably early may?
AFM- appointments went well last week, hearts both look fine, cervix looks fine, I can even start walking a bit, swimming and doing yoga :) I am so happy, I was starting to feel like a big lump! Still no work though which is fine by me, lots to do to get ready for the little munchkins!!!

wow michelle 12 weeks until your girls will be here amazing!!

harvest so glad that both of your babies hearts are fine, must feel like a big relief. Also good that you can start doing other things again now :thumbup:

so today was gender scan day, but our babies are very shy, twin one firmly has its bum in my pelvis and was not showing at all what it is, hmm thinking we'll have fun with this one :haha: and twin two after much jiggling around and me having to go to the toilet finally showed her colours!!! It was so cute she finally showed us she was a girl and kind of hid her face behind her arm looking all shy:haha: Bless her. They both look perfect and i get to go back for another scan to see if we can see what the other baby is. Everything about the scan was just amazing we watched them for about 30 minutes i easily could have stayed all day :cloud9::cloud9: love them both so much already!! My guesses where and still are one of each, hubby thinks its two girls

sorry for long post i'm just so excited!!

Yay, mrssunshine for finding out one is a girl! :happydance: And now you get to go back again and see them another time!! I hope the other twin cooperates a bit more so you can find out, though!

Harvest, that's great that you'll get to move around a bit more (but yet not have to go to work!!! :thumbup:) I'm sorry I don't remember, but why were you put on bedrest so early?

Mrssunshine, congrats on your little girl too! Hopefully her twin will be more cooperative next time. When do you go back?

Harvest, you are only a few weeks behind me, has your dr told you when they will deliver the babies? I'm glad they modified your bed rest so that you are able to do a little more.

My OB told me at the beginning that they would deliver the babies once I got to 37 weeks. They only schedule deliveries on weekdays, so I am thinking the girls will be here the week of May 14th. Our wedding anniversary is May 17 (9 years!) maybe the twins birthday being that same week will help DH remember a little better :haha: I would love to not have a c-section, but I was told several years ago by my old OBGYN that I have a very narrow pelvis, so that I should expect to need a c-section when I had kids. So with that and the fact that I am having twins I have just been preparing for a c-section, and if I'm able to deliver vaginally it will be a pleasant surprise.

Hi ladies!
Mrssunshine- yay for 1 girl! That is so exciting :) I wonder what the other twin is? I would love 1 of each, it will be a big surprise!
Squirrel- I was put on bed rest because my cervix is a little shorter than they like to see, especially with twins.didn't help that I spent most of the day on my feet. Now they just need to check it every 2 weeks.
Michelle- dr didn't say exactly when I would deliver, hard to say I am sure they will come when they want to! He said probably end of may/early June. That is about 36-37 weeks. But I guess you never know :) hoping for no earlier than end of may. I really am hoping for a vaginal delivery but it all depends on the position on the lead twin. Hoping it stays head down!!!That would be crazy if they are born on your anniversary! Then DH would never forget :)
Do any of you other twin moms have a mothers of multiples group in your area? Yesterday we went to a sale put on by ours and got tons of stuff for super cheap, it was great!!!!

There are a couple twin groups in my area. I would like to join one, just haven't gotten around to it. One of them is doing a huge garage sale in April or May. I'm not sure I want to fight the crowds (I always hear about it every year, it's a big deal, I guess!), but good deals would be hard to pass up!

What all did you get?

There are a couple twin groups in my area. I would like to join one, just haven't gotten around to it. One of them is doing a huge garage sale in April or May. I'm not sure I want to fight the crowds (I always hear about it every year, it's a big deal, I guess!), but good deals would be hard to pass up!

What all did you get?

I got a lot of sleepers (ones with zippers) I was needing some, I have heard they are easier in the middle of the night than snaps. I also got some booties, onesies, and hats. Everything was so cheap, it was only $1 for a sleeper! I haven't seen them that cheap anywhere else, not even at consignment stores. I am pretty set now for clothes until the 3-6 month mark. I am sure people will buy us stuff at the shower and after they are born but I wanted to have enough sleepers at least. I still need some preemie clothes but might be able to get some from a friend of mine who had twins last year.
Joining the multiple group early is great, they have so many resources to help you get ready. It is also nice to meet other mom's who have already been through all this craziness!!!

it really doesn't seem that long away for you girls then, only 3 months, thats when i'm planning on finishing work :thumbup: I'm hoping that our babies will go to at least 36 weeks, preferably 38 and then i'll be induced. I too would prefer a vaginal delivery, but all i really want is for our two babies to be here safe and well.

I have to ring tomorrow for my next scan, hoping it will be next weekend, hopefully twin one will be better behaved this time :haha:

oh my gosh, all this twin news is so very exciting! I'm a tiny bit jealous! But only because as much as I want a girl I'd love a boy too (and I'd love our family to be complete in one go!)
Those scan pictures in your avatars are adorable.
all is well here. been a slow week and another one to go before we finally see the doctor and get my cervix measured. Fingers crossed that its' fine (though I wouldn't mind a week or two of bed rest I don't fancy much more!) I'm hoping to be monitored at least every fortnight, but ideally once a week as I only work across the road, so it wouldn't be any hassle (work is super chilled about things).

I had some really wet cm (sorry if tmi) and was getting paranoid about waters breaking etc, but I think it's normal really isn't it?

mrs.sunshine - Congrats on finding out the sex of one of your babies :) Maybe it is even better now that you get to find out the sex of the second one a different day! Two days of surprises!!

All this twins talk is making me a tiny bit jealous :) hehe

Sounds like everyone is doing great...that is what I love to hear!

I had some really wet cm (sorry if tmi) and was getting paranoid about waters breaking etc, but I think it's normal really isn't it?

this is totally normal, some days i feel like i've wet myself :blush:

we've got a date for our rescan its on saturday, so excited to see them again. In a way it is really good that twin 1 was being naughty because we get another scan :happydance: and we've only had three scans so far so feel like i was missing out a bit :haha:

i must admit i've always wanted to have twins as soon as we started trying, i think its because i knew there was a chance as it runs in my mams family, and our generation is due a set and none of my cousins has had any yet

I'm also a little jealous of the twin talk! When we did ivf, I was secretly hoping for twins, even though I'm so happy to have one. Maybe we'll have twins next time around! :shrug:

I also have found some wet cm lately...I'm thinking am I seriously wetting myself or is this some kind of discharge?? :nope: Not very sexy. :haha:

Just got back from the doc...long story short, I was in the hospital last weekend for major pain due to my 6 cm cyst on my left ovary. Doc thinks it ruptured. I have never had pain like that in my entire life. And evidently, ibprofen is not okay, but a continual morphine drip is. :wacko: Who knew?! I'm MUCH better now and doc couldn't even find the cysts on my scan today. Baby is still doing great and my next scan is 4 weeks away...on my birthday!! :cake:

Sorry you've been in hospital, heard people say ruptured cysts are very painful, my niece was rushed to hospital with one before and she was literally screaming in agony. It does seem bizarre that morphine is ok!!
Hope everything is ok with you now :hugs:

How fab having a scan on your birthday, seeing your baby will be the best birthday present ever! It's my birthday next Tuesday so our scan on Saturday is going to be like an early birthday present

thanks, mrssunshine. I would have screamed in agony except that making sound made it hurt more. :wacko: I'm totally great now. Still taking things a little more slowly than normal, but I haven't taken a pain pill since Saturday night. :thumbup:

this is totally normal, some days i feel like i've wet myself :blush:

TOTALLY. Once, we were going out to lunch and I almost had myself convinced that I was having a miscarriage because I was so wet. But when we got there, I immediately went to the restroom and saw my undies were soaked but with clear fluid. I wear a liner every single day now because I never know now when it's going to be like that! Some days are worse than others.

Wow, rosa! Glad you're better now. That must have been super super super scary!

I know ibuprofen/aspirin is bad because it causes your blood to thin a bit. But I'd guess that morphine must not cross the placenta or something... I do agree that it SOUNDS strange, though!

Sounds horrific Rosa - glad you're on the mend.

Good to know it's not just me who's a little wet!!! *blush*

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->