Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

Hi ladies how is everyone doing? Had a scan last Friday, everyone is looking good! I have a feeling there is 1 girl and 1 boy in there but we will have to wait and see :) can't wait, 3 more months to go...

:wave:

I'm hanging in there. Every time I say that the MS seems to be easing up it comes back with a vengence. So I'm not going to jinx myself again! :haha: Also, started feeling a weird ache on my lower left abdomen right above the pubic bone when I had to walk quite a bit today. It would go away when I was resting, though. So assuming it's round ligament pain.

Does anyone remember having this same sort of thing and when it started for you? It just surprised me because I don't have much of a bump yet. I expected some discomfort later on, just not quite this early.

I had round ligament pain early on too. Can't remember exactly when but I do remember thinking it was so early. I guess it happens when your uterus stretches. Mine wasn't too bad, off and on for a few weeks.
Sorry you are still struggling with morning sickness, it will pass eventually! Then you won't be able to get full!

I am back from Fl. I miss the weather already but I think the nesting instinct is seriously kicking in! The husband has been left to his own devices for far too long and my house is a mess. The first thing I wanted to do when I got home was get all the crap out of my living room and I HATE cleaning. I have my work cut out for me over the next few days.

My next Dr appt is tomorrow and we get to schedule another 3 hour glucose test for the coming weeks and see if they want another ultrasound of the baby since he refused to show his full spine at 20 weeks. As far as I can tell he is still breech and tending to chill out on my bladder which results in me going to the bathroom way too many times to count during the day and 2-4 times at night. I am hoping he decides to flip permanently so my bladder can have a break for a while. He has been turning somersaults every day and I feel him kick all over the place.
My dresser and the crib are coming in the next week which means I have to clean out the nursery before I let the husband assemble the furniture. I can't wait to get the room going. I also have about $700 in various gift cards that are burning a hole in my pocket but I am trying not to run out and spend them! We will see how long I can last!

Wow 3 months doesn't seem too long at all harvest! And wantanerd it's not too long for you either! You both must be getting pretty excited :happydance:

We had repeat scan but am still team :pink: and team :yellow: baby did not want to show us at all!

Well finally getting around to posting the bump pic! 24 weeks along, don't know how much bigger this belly can get, ugh!
Hope all you ladies are doing well!
Dr appt last week, she didn't say much, everything is on track and I am measuring 33 weeks. Question for you twin momas, do your dr's ever say anything about your weight gain? I am up 32 lbs so far and she never mentions it so I guess this is OK? Does this sound about right compared to you ladies? Really hoping to keep it under 50 lbs but I guess time will tell, yikes!

Attachments

• IMG_0308.jpg
    IMG_0308.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 6
wow harvest! absolutely beautiful! I can't wait for my twins to be that big! you even have that pregnancy glow! :hugs:

You look great, Harvest!

Not sure about the weight gain, but I'd say more is probably better when you're having twins so the babies will be bigger. If the doctor isn't saying anything, I'd assume it's right on track. But you could try to remember to ask at your next appointment. I need to start writing stuff down because I never remember everything I want to talk about at my appointments!

Harvest, I already said it in a journal, but you look so adorable! I wonder if you're allowed/supposed to gain more with twins? I don't know. I always forget what we talk about in appointments, too. Plus, I forget the questions I want to ask. I don't know why I don't write it down! :dohh: Duh!

I'm doing fine. Some round ligament pain (I'm assuming) when I walk sometimes. Looking for some mat clothes, trying not to spend a lot of $$.

I had a lot of luck shopping at Ross, although not all the stores carry maternity clothes. The jeans are 10-20$ and the shirts are from 6-12$.

Great photo harvest, you're looking great :thumbup:

I've definitely read somewhere that twin mammies are supposed to gain more that singleton mammies to be, I'm sure if you were gaining too much they would say something. I've only been weighed once so far.

Harvest! I am loving the picture :) So beautiful!

I got asked this past weekend how far along I am...I was so excited that I looked pregnant and not just a little hefty :)

Also, I lucked out and got a TON of awesome stuff from Craigslist. LIterally I got over 50 articles of maternity clothes (35 shirts/tops, 5 dresses, 5 pairs of jeans, 5 pairs work pants and various shorts/capris/skirt) all for $250 (averaged out to under $5 per garment. The lady bought all of the stuff within this past year (Pretty much ALL from Motherhood maternity or Pea in the Pod) and I am all set now for any occasion :) SO, I definitely recommend checking craigslist in your area...maybe you will get lucky like me!! Just make sure you bring your SO/DH with you, I was a little nervous buying stuff off there haha.

I am 20 weeks tomorrow and go in for a scan today to see if the CP Cyst is gone. Fingers crossed it is. Either way, I can't wait to see our sweet, beautiful baby girl again! She has been moving around like CRAZY in there so it will be fun to see that on screen.

Wow sunshine you are half baked already! Exciting :) I agree craigslist is great, we have bought tons of baby gear off there. Why pay full price for stuff they will only use for a few months? Especially when you need 2 of everything!

Hello ladies,

Lovely bump pic! mine is still me just being a fatty, but I'm showing it off anyway (I always put weight on on my tummy, I'm pretty sure it's an expanded pot belly from all my eating, but everyone else thinks it's a baby bump, so I'm going along with it!)\

All is well here, had a couple of good hospital appts, got a lovely doctor to oversee things and checked in at the Feto unit (for at risk of preterm labour, I guess you Twin ladies are seeing someone similar). Getting 2-3 weekly cervical length scans, but so far it's very long, so fingers crossed it stays that way (around 40mm).
Saw baby both times, and at 16w 2d we were told we're having a boy! :-D Really chuffed to know already, so I've got my blue wool out and started on the baby stuff now. I'm not buying anything till 24 weeks, but I figured I'll need all the time I have to actually make anything nice for him!
Still a bit surprised it's a boy, as I was sure it would be a girl, but everyone else thought boy, so I guess it was just me!

Hope you're all doing well. Can't wait for my 20 week scan on the 1st of April.
hugs xoxo

3 hour glucose test tomorrow. Even though I know what goes on during the test since I had one 12 weeks ago, I still hate needles and the sugary pedialite drink. I am concerned only because I gained about 10 pounds during my 5 weeks in FL (had only gained 4lbs before that though). I am hoping I am in the clear.
The nursery is almost all the way done, just waiting on the glider and a few wall decals (can't paint since we live in military housing and will be moving out in December).
everything is going pretty smooth and I hope the next 12 weeks fly by.

congrats on the little boy chocolatecat, my friend at work was the same she really thought she was having a girl and she's having a boy, my BIL and SIL were the same too :haha: I'm starting to wonder if my instincts are totally off too, i really didn't think our babies were two girls, but have been having recurrect dreams about two girls, hopefully will find out on thursday if they cooperate this time :haha:

good luck with your gtt tomorrow wantanerd, i'm sure it'll be fine, you are supposed to gain more weight as you go through your pregnancy, what you've put on doesn't sound excessive to me :thumbup: So only 12 weeks until you meet your lo :happydance:

Congrats Choco!!

Good luck, wantanerd. I hope it goes down easily and is over fast!

mrssunshine, I sure hope your twinies cooperate this time and you know for sure what both of them are this time! You've waited long enough!!

Turns out my doctor won't do a gender scan til 20 weeks, so I'm going to pay for a gender scan at a place that does them "for fun". I need to call them and get an appointment set up! I'm getting sooooo impatient!

Hi ladies, I'm glad that things seem to be going well for everyone.

Harvest, you look great! I will have to take an updated bump pic, I feel like I have gotten so much bigger in the past few weeks.

Choco, congrats on your little boy!

Wantanerd, good luck with the glucose test. You weight gain sounds totally normal to me, I'm sure everything will check out great. You are in the home stretch now :happydance:

Mrssunshine, I hope the baby cooperates for you. I was convinced I was having a boy and a girl, but it's definitely 2 girls! So much for the mother's intuition on that!

SG, when will you be able to do the private scan?

AFM, time is slowing down now that I am nearing the end. My Baby A is still a little small, but she has been growing steadily and catching up to her sister, so that is a relief. My MFM is leaning toward delivery between 36-37 weeks if growth slows down as the girls run out of room. That means it could be only 8 more weeks until I get to meet my girls :happydance: My prenatal classes start Thursday and the nursery furniture is coming next weekend, so i am definitely feeling more and more ready for them to be here!

Not sure when I'll be able to schedule a private ultrasound, but I'm kinda hoping for somewhere around 17 weeks. Surely they'll have appointments! I'm just getting so anxious!

congrats choco! A boy :) so cute!
hope your test goes well wantanerd, sounds like you are right on track for weight gain, I wouldn't worry :) I had my glucose test 2 weeks ago, it wasn't that bad, the worst part was not being allowed to eat!
Hope the babes cooperate for your scan thursday mrsunshine!
Squirrel hope you get an appt soon! Any guesses as to what you are having?
Off to our prenatal class tonight! Can't wait :) next scan isn't until April 2 so a long wait. Oh well nice to have that to look forward to.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->