Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

Boo to DH, Rosa! We went in to our early one knowing it "could" be wrong. But it was pretty obvious even to us what they were. Honestly, if we found out at 20 weeks it was wrong, it's not that big of a deal to us anyway.

I really don't know what his issue is, tbh. :wacko: I'm like okay so they're wrong. It's not like we're going to go out and buy everything in pink that we need in 3 weeks! Whatever.

Did any of you gals do those gender pee tests? I never did one, just was wondering if they do end out being correct or not.

I was tempted, but figured with twins, even if the test was "accurate", it would get thrown off. Not sure what it would have done for me since I have a boy and a girl in there!

I've heard that there is a blood test that can be done pretty early that will tell the sex, but I've never heard of anyone getting one.

Hi ladies! How is everyone? I had a bit of a scare last night, had some contractions and had to go to hospital for monitoring. Babies looked good (they are both head down now) and my cervix is still long and closed. They gave me 2 tests that predict preterm labour, a fetal fibronectin test and a pIGFBP test. The first was negative and the second was positive. The first one is more conclusive so they let me go home. So glad I didn't have to stay overnight! Anyways now I just have to take it easy and see what happens. Hope that is the end of it, DH is going away tomorrow for work! Hopefully all will be fine :)

Hi ladies! It's so exciting to hear about everyone's gender scans, and it's crazy to see everyone's tickers and see how far along we are all getting!

Squirrel, that is awesome about having a boy and a girl. Are they going to be sharing a nursery or will they have their own rooms? DH and I were convinced we were having b/g twins and we had been looking at all kinds of gender neutral bedding, etc. since they are sharing a nursery. We ended up sticking with the gender neutral stuff even once we found out we are having 2 girls.

Sunshine, your bump pics are fab!

Harvest, sorry to hear about the pre term labor scare! I hope everything is OK now and that you are getting some rest.

AFM, I have a date for my c-section :happydance: I am set for May 7th, when I will be a little over 36 weeks. They decided to do 36 rather than 37 because both of the girls are little peanuts, and Twin A actually hovers around the IUGR line. The doctor thinks that my uterus was just not meant to carry 2 babies, so while their growth has been consistent, they aren't growing as fast as they should be. Their thought is at 36 wks their lungs should be good and they should be able to feed, so at that point they will grow better out than in. I guess I'm not terribly surprised that the twins are small since I was under 6 lbs and I was born full term, but I wish my body could have done better for them. But despite being small, they are so active and already practicing their breathing. It was so amazing to see that and know that they are getting themselves ready to come out.

Hi ladies! How is everyone? Hope you all had a good easter :)
Anything new? Anyone have their names picked out? We all getting so close to the end finally. Sometimes I feel like I'll be pregnant forever.
So my dr put me on full bed rest last week so I am bed/couch bound which is super boring but at least DH is home now to cook and entertain me!
So for b/g twins we have the names worked out: Sadie and Grayson. Still trying to decide for g/g and b/b. I have a big list of names we both like just trying to figure out what sounds good together. We will get a better idea when we see them I am sure.
Anyways hope everyone is good, it has been so quiet lately.

I can't believe I am eight weeks away from meeting my little guy. Everything is going well. Last doctor's appointment went well. My next one will be at 36 weeks. I really hope something has started by then. I really don't want to go late. A lot of family is coming in in June to meet him and all their plans are in limbo until we know more. I am starting to take the birthing classes they offer through the military hospital my next class is in 10 days.
My only complaints right now is my bra size has gone up sizes already and is causing killer upper back aches and my perfect skin is all broken out. I guess I am making up for all the zits I didn't get as a teenager. But those are minor complaints.

I hope everyone is enjoying spring. I am waiting for my tulips to bloom in the back yard. Hope everyone is doing well.

Happy Easter ladies :)

Love all the updates! Harvest, I love your b/g names, they are so sweet! I don't know how you are holding off on not finding out the sexes of your babies...I give you credit!!

So many of you girls only have a little while left! Can't wait to see some baby pics popping up on here! There will be a bunch of May/June babies on here!!

We picked out a name for our sweet girl. We are naming her Kyla :) No middle name just yet but the first name is a definite!!

Our son has had a name since we found out we were having a boy. His name is Arthur Conan and we are calling him Doyle (like the author of Sherlock Holmes).

Cute names! I love kyla and doyle. :flower: I don't know how people can not find out the sex either. I'm literally counting the minutes until we find out. :wacko:

great names ladies! so cute.
I want to wait to find out the genders so that I have something to push for and I reall like surprises!! The only time it bugs me not knowing is when I am out buying baby clothes! Also we are going to see what they look like before we name the babies for sure. We have a big list of names we like depending what they are but Sadie and Grayson are at the top of the b/g list :) We'll see how it goes.
Last night I had a dream that I had 2 huge boys, they were like 3 feet tall! Yikes I hope that dream doesn't come true :)

I couldn't stand not knowing. I don't like surprises and I like to know beforehand. I was itching to find out so we paid for a 3-d scan at 16 weeks to find out. Then we had it confirmed again at 20 weeks. Plus ALL our family was bugging us. We waited a week and told them at Christmas it was a boy.
Now I am hoping the next 8 weeks go smoothly and he decides he would rather be early than late. The military hospital won't induce until he is 41 and a half weeks! Hopefully he is like his mommy and hates to be late for anything. (maybe that's from me being 10 days late at birth).
Theres a huge consignment sale going on and I lucked into a free ticket for the presale tonight. I am hoping to score some good finds. I must restrain myself in the clothes since I think he has enough but it's so hard when you find cute things for cheap!

hey ladies! we are in the home stretch now :) i think i posted my guys name before, but he will be named dylan carter. i'm seeing the doctor every 2 weeks now and they will measure his weight on the 23rd. my shower is on the 21st and i can't wait to get everything situated! hope everyone is well :)

hey ladies! we are in the home stretch now :) i think i posted my guys name before, but he will be named dylan carter. i'm seeing the doctor every 2 weeks now and they will measure his weight on the 23rd. my shower is on the 21st and i can't wait to get everything situated! hope everyone is well :)

cute name touch! nice to see you on here again. sounds like things are going well for you :)

Touch, love that name too! :awww: Where are you registered? Yay for showers! Mine is in 2 months and I'm already excited!

I did amazon and babies r us. I would have done target but I found most of the stuff between the two other sites. I have another shower coming up in a little over a week for my friends out here in CO. I am hoping for lots of diapers from this shower though!

So tell me about registering on Amazon. I've never heard of that until a shower I went to recently. Can you find things on there for cheaper? Is that why you do it? I think it's so interesting!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->