Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

Most of the time it is cheaper. You can also list things from other websites on the registry as well. The extrasaucer I wanted and the baby gym I wanted were $20 cheaper on amazon compared to Target. Plus if it is sold by amazon and over $25, the shipping is free where babies r us charges for shipping until the order is 100$. I ordered my crib on amazon b/c they price matched target when they put the crib on sale and it was free shipping.

yeah, everything is cheaper. i'm a huge amazon shopper anyway, and i'm a prime member so i get free 2 day shipping. for us, registering on amazon was just easier... babies r us is soo overwhelming! with amazon i can take my time to find what i need, find the best reviews, etc. also there is no tax, so that makes it even cheaper! the other thing i dont like about babies r us is that when you go in for someones registry and print it out, it's so hard to find everything. talk about confusing. this way, they can easily click on everything, see it, etc. and then, in the end, whatever isn't bought for us, we can buy for like 10% off or something like that. we love amazon :)

How do you return to amazon? Straight to the company it came from??

I've never returned baby registry stuff, but for just regular purchases, you go to the amazon site to "your account" and there's a link for returns. You select which of your purchases you plan to return, fill out a little form as to why. If it's defective/broken, you can return it for free. You just print out a label, repackage everything in the box and leave it out for the UPS guy to come get the next day. Easy Peasy. :thumbup:

You would have to pay for return shipping for reasons like 'i changed my mind', that sort of thing.

I love amazon. Never disappointed with what I get from there. Love the reviews, too.

Squirrel, are you registered at Amazon too? That sounds a lot easier than BRU, to be honest. Just curious about how you return stuff if you get it on your registry and don't have the label because the gifter didn't give it to you. :shrug:

Yes, I have a registry started there too. Not certain, but I'd guess that if someone bought if off your registry for you, you'd be able to get a label from the Amazon site.

Things can be quite a bit cheaper off Amazon too. So long as the people buying stuff for you don't pay shipping, it can be a really good deal.

Hi ladies, I am having a bit of an issue. My aunt wants to throw me a shower but wants do it after the babies come. I would really rather have it before since we have registered for things that we will need when the babies come home. This way we will have to buy everything ourselves :( What do you think I should do? I don't really want to be rude and tell her to have it before but don't want to have to buy everything either!

Hi ladies, I am having a bit of an issue. My aunt wants to throw me a shower but wants do it after the babies come. I would really rather have it before since we have registered for things that we will need when the babies come home. This way we will have to buy everything ourselves :( What do you think I should do? I don't really want to be rude and tell her to have it before but don't want to have to buy everything either!

i would just be honest and say, i really appreciate you wanting to throw me a shower, thank you so much, but a lot of the things i registered for are things that i need when the babies are born.. is there any way the shower can be before they come? something like that..

I'd say something like, After the twins are born it will be so busy.... I'll have more time and energy to enjoy a shower before they arrive.

Or throw in something about how little babies shouldn't be exposed to groups of people too early due to illnesses and such.

I agree with what squirrel and touch said. After the babies are here, you won't want to worry about returning unnecessary items and putting away all the gifts you get. With one baby you woulnd't have time for that much less two babies. But ya, just asy how much you appreciate it but that it would work better for you if it was before they got here (which is REALLY soon as you are 30 weeks already...YAY!).

Thanks guys, just feel like it would be rude to ask her to change it since she is nice enough to throw it in the first place. I did tell my mom how much I wanted it before so hopefully she will relay the message. I can't even use the excuse of them being too young to be around people since they will be about 8weeks old by the time she has it. Oh well... :(

I'm so excited to find you ladies again. Touch and harvest. I remember when you got your BFP on the IUI/IVF thread. And I'm do excited that you got your BFP squirrelgirl:)

Hope all you ladies are doing well:)

just wanted to update you guys on the amazon registry, i think someone asked about how returns work.. once someone purchases from the list then amazon generates a thank you list. in that page it lists who got you what, and also gives the option to return the item. hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

just wanted to update you guys on the amazon registry, i think someone asked about how returns work.. once someone purchases from the list then amazon generates a thank you list. in that page it lists who got you what, and also gives the option to return the item. hope everyone is having a great weekend! :)

Oh cool!! Thanks for the info.

Michelle - If all went well, I think you are now officially a MOM!!! AHHHH! CONGRATS SWEETIE!! In your post awhile ago you said your c-section was scheduled for May 7th (which was yesterday). HOpe all went well...can't wait for you to find time and to give us an update on your two beautiful baby girls!

May might be a big month of our little thread!! SO EXCITING that this is all getting so real!

Looks like I will be induced at 39 weeks which is around May 31. I have to go to monitoring twice a week, get lab work and do a 24 hour urine test weekly as well. I have mild pre-eclampsia so its a lot of taking it easy for the next 3 and a half weeks. I don't think I will make it to 39 weeks, hoping he stays in until the 24th which is 38 weeks. But we will see.

Hope everything went well Michelle!

Michelle-looks like you are a mom now :) Congrats and I hope all went well!
Sorry to hear about the PE wantanerd, that is scary, sound like you are being well monitored though.
Sunshine-hope you are doing well, are you off work soon? Everything ready for the baby?
AFM-have been on strict bed rest the last month but now that I am past 32 weeks the dr took me off :) I am now doing weekly non-stress tests and just waiting. Dr thinks it could be any day but I am really hoping to make it to 36 weeks, FX!!!

Exciting that you should now be a mammy Michelle! Hope everything went well and you and the girls are doing well :hugs:

Hi ladies, thank you for all the well wishes! I am now a mom to twin girls! Aidynn and Kallie were born on May 4th via c-section at 35 weeks and 6 days. I had an appt that day with the MFM and they saw that Aidynn (who had been my smaller twin all along) had not really grown in 2 weeks, so I was sent over to L&D. Aidynn was born weighing 3 lbs 12 oz, and Kallie was born weighing 5 lbs 7 oz. Kallie came home with me on Tuesday, but Aidynn will be in the NICU for about 2 weeks while she learns to feed. Aidynn never needed oxygen and she is in a regular crib with only a feeding tube. She knows how to suck, but her swallow reflex is immature. While I hate having her there, the fact that she is healthy is such a gift.

I can't wait to hear everyone else's birth announcements, and I hope everyone has a great mother's day!! xoxo

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->