Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

Mrs.Sunshine - I am so sorry to hear your news. I can't imagine how devestated you must be. That is just awful :( I will keep you and your babies in my prayers and hope that the doctors can work some miracles. This forum is for all of us and especially for those of us that need to vent or talk about our saddness and frustrations. If you want to open up more we are all here for you.

Harvest and Wantanerd - Good luck with everything (Harvest from teh sounds of it you could be very soon!). Yall will be mommies so soon!! Can't wait to hear how everything goes :)

I wonder if I will make it either! He's in the perfect position and very low. I hope he stays in until the induction (I want a chunky baby!) but we will see. Hopefully by the morning of the 1st, I will be a mommy.

mrssunshine, we are all here to support you and our thoughts and prayers are with you as well.

mrssunshine, how terrible! Do the twins affect each other, or is the other one okay? I can't imagine how sad that must be for you. :hugs:

wantanerd, that's so soon! Very exciting!! :happydance:

Afm, just got the nursery painted and new closet doors in (well not ME, so much as dh...:haha:) and my parents are in town this weekend. Shopping for fabric for sheets, dust ruffle and window valence. :thumbup: Shower is in 4 weeks so hopefully we'll have some furniture to put in the nursery soon!

Thanks girls, twin 1 is fine and progressing well thankfully. It's just so upsetting seeing her sister struggle so much and there's absolutely nothing I can do about it :cry: we love them both so much already.

Wantanerd I hope your little boy stays until induction, it is so exciting that you'll be a mammy very soon :thumbup:

so sorry you're going though that mrs.sunshine!! :hugs:

congrats michelle!!!

harvest - your babies must be coming any day now?

afm- i'm being induced on 5/30 (just a few days shy of my due date). it is a personal choice, no medical necessity. my doctor already told me he doesnt allow his patients to go past their due due, so i pushed the induction back a few days so that my parents could come and spend a few days with the baby before going back for my dads chemo treatment. if i waited until my due date, they wouldnt have been able to stay for more than a day or two. i told my friend about this and she got soo heated, gave me a big lecture about letting babies come on their own time.. i never knew this to be a hot topic but i hate it when people feel the need to tell you how to do things!! she had also given me a lecture back when i was saying i didnt want to breastfeed (i've since changed my mind). anyway... hope everyone is doing well and hanging in there. i don't know about you guys, but i'm getting impatient.. i just want to meet my lil man already! :)

I am relieved I am getting induced at 39 weeks. It doesn't really scare me at all. I was worried for far too long my son would be late and I would be in the house with my mom almost two weeks without a baby. Now he should be here for a week before she comes out and I will be ready to hand him off to her for a nap.
I am hoping simply breaking my water will be enough but if not, I am okay with pitocin as long as the epidural follows it =P.
The only good thing of him coming before next Sunday would be not having to pee in a jug for 24 hours again.

Touch, I agree, I wish people would be supportive and not judgmental. It would be one thing if you were asking to be induced at lets say 33 weeks for vain reasons like minimizing weight gain, or something like that. But you're really already considered full term.

My mom does crap like that too. She couldn't believe I wanted to BF or use Cloth Diapers. and then she just assumed I'd have a c-section. When I said I wanted to try for a vaginal birth she acted like I was automatically doing something bad for my babies. Uh. Helllloooo... pretty sure the doctor is a better judge of what's good and bad. HARUMPH.

i'm relieved too! i like knowing what day he's coming and being able to plan for that. my sister was induced for both of her kids, so i already know what to expect. i'm hoping he comes naturally on his own before then, just so that i can spend less time in the hospital, but i have a feel he is very comfy in there and won't come out unless prodded to do so ;)

touch-don't let your friend get to you, if you are that close to term it doesn't really matter how baby comes! And if you can spend extra time with your family then it is so worth it especially if your dad is going through a tough time. There is nothing like a baby to bring happiness to people's lives!
Who knows maybe we will have them on the same day, I think I might have 10 days left in me! Not sure though, the days are getting tougher and tougher!

harvest, i can't believe you've been team yellow this entire time, with not just one baby, but TWO! i don't know how you're doing it. i can't wait to hear when you deliver and what you have :)

i guess it just bugs me when someone tries to tell me what to do, especially when it comes to MY baby. she tried to tell me that being induced is 'stressful' on the baby.. PLEASE! in my opinion, birth alone must be stressful... going from a nice warm place and then being squeezed thru a very tight canal and then out in the bright foreign world.. no wonder they cry, i would too! lol

I know I am so excited to find out who is in there!!! I have been buying some pink and blue recently so we are ready for either. I have a feeling it is one of each or 2 boys, I will be completely shocked if it is 2 girls!!! Soon we will see :)

I would totally cry too if I was all warm and cozy and then pushed out into a cold bright place!!! People who are induced give birth to healthy babies every day! in fact a girl in my prenatal class was induced a few weeks ago and has the cutest/healthiest daughter ever!!!

My friends were terrified of induction but I am such a planner and control freak I like how I will be in the hospital and when I need the epidural, I will get it. It makes me feel a little more at ease. I am hoping I only have a 24 hour labor (i know it could go to 48 hours) and there is a possibility of a c-section but I know many inductions that go smoothly.
Now I am hoping May 31st is not a date lots of women go into labor and my induction pushed back.

it's crazy how close all of you are!!! I hope it's an amazing experience for each of you!!!!!

It is exciting that you'll all have your little ones with you really soon :thumbup:

Touch I think you've got a great reason to be induced a couple of days early, it'll be lovely for your parents to have a positive happy event to look forward to, with your dad being so poorly. People should sometimes just keep their opinions to themselves. It's really not going to make any difference to your little man coming a few days early.

Just caught up with the posts...I couldn't agree with you ladies more. I hate when people give their opinions as if they are facts. Every pregnancy/labor/delivery/etc is different and it doens't mean one way is right and one is wrong. Just let me and my husband (along with our doctor) decide how WE want to do things for our child.

Yall should check out this post...it is funny and right along the lines of what we are talking about:
https://blogs.babble.com/strollerde...ign=1aeed13d2e-5_155_15_2012&utm_medium=email

Harvest - I can't wait to find out what you are having!!! My guess is one boy and one girl :)

Touch - I agree with the rest of the girls (and you) I think it will be such a joy for your family to have that baby with you for a few extra days. :)

Can't wait to hear you girls' labor stories!

thanks sunshine! yeah, inducing 3 days early is not a big deal, and my reason is GOOD! why do people like to give their opinion when its not even asked of them? tsk tsk.

wantanerd- i'm a control freak too, which is why i don't mind inducing. i've already planned a day of pampering the day before inducing.. mani/pedi, nice dinner out, maybe a movie, relaxing..

how are you ladies that are close to your due date feeling? i had a terrible backache and BH all day yesterday, and then some light period cramping in the evening. today i feel fine. i have a dr appt later and i have a feeling he will tell me i'm still locked up tight! i have a feeling i have a big boy inside (8lbs at least), which is whats probably causing my backache.

I have a back ache a lot and if i am not sitting slightly slanted, he goes up into my ribs even though his head is the the perfect position. I am predicting a long 8lb baby.
I plan on madly cleaning the day before the induction and seeing if one of my friends wants to go out to lunch with me.
Hubby told me under no circumstances can I go into labor this weekend =P. He has a three day weekend and already gets time off (10 days) when our son arrives and he wants to spend the last weekend relaxing. I am hoping that it won't happen (I want the induction damnit!).
I still can't believe its 9 days away!

Sunshine-I hope you are right :) That is a great blog post, it seems like there are so many people forget that the mot important thing is a healthy mom and baby no matter how they arrive!
touch-I hear you on the back pain, I have been sitting with a heating pad on my back every night, it's the only way I can get the pain to go away. Last night I was having terrible contractions every 10 minutes but after I went to bed they stopped. I really thought it was the real thing, they were way stronger than braxton hicks. Oh well, a few more days will do nothing but good for the babes :) Last week at the Dr they told me I am 100% effaced and 1 cm dialated, but I am not getting too excited, you can be 1 cm for weeks before you go into labor.

my friend was already 3cm dialated at 37 weeks, and stayed like that until her scheduled csection at 39 weeks. on the flip side, my dr said he has seen patients that were locked up tight at their appt go into labor just a few hours later. so i guess there's no real way to predict when it's going to happen :) i hope your babies hang on tight for awhile longer harvest! they have some finishing touches to make. i bet they will come some time next week though ;)

wantanerd- i'm going to do my mad cleaning monday night, so as to not ruin my mani on tuesday :)

Hi ladies! Sounds like I will be joining you with an induction this week. I spent the weekend being monitored in the hospital. My platelet count is dropping so they are worried about that. At this point it is better for me and the babies to deliver. No exactly sure when it will happen, just had my blood work this morning so this afternoon I will know more. Had an ultrasound yesterday too and the babies look great estimated weights are 6 lbs 8 oz and 6 lbs 2 oz! So they are growing like crazy. At 36 weeks they might not even have to go to the NICU so that would be awesome :)
Hope you all are having a good long weekend!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->