Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

hi all,

harvest congrats on the scan sounds fabulous!

wantanerd im sorry dh was being funny but glad things are improving hun!

how are all your symptoms going? im ok same as usual just tired sore boobs xxx

names are tricky in our world we have them people use them then i dont want them lol after three years of that happening to us i cant make a decision! xx

My symptoms have kinda come and gone today. One second I feel like I am mildly nauseous/no appetitie and the the next couple hours I feel completley normal adn then think my symptoms are in my head.

My boobs aren't sore anymore either. And of course I am terribly tired all the time. I have so much to do and all I want to do is sleep! haha

At 13 weeks it seems like my only symptoms are still being tired and the boobs still slightly sore. Hope the energy keeps improving the farther I get into the second trimester.

love your names you've picked out girls and love that they mean someone to you, thats really nice. I know we discussed possibly having Mary as a middle name as both of our grandmothers were mary's

sunshine my symptoms seem to be coming and going some days are worse than others and obviously i panic when i feel normal :dohh: Can't wait until wednesday so we can hopefully see the heartbeat. I was quite emotional and teary yesterday, today i'm so easily irritated. I couldn't eat my breakfast this morning the thought of it just made me queasy.

hope you all have nice weekends planned

xxx

Wantanerd, sorry that dh was being such a pain in the ass. They really just don't have a full understanding of what its like for us most of the time. I'm glad that he is coming with you to the 3 hour glucose test. I hope that being back on the metformin helps. I have pcos too, and even though I never needed to go on metformin, I had heard that lots of women with pcos continue to take it during pregnancy.

Harvest, I'm glad that your scan went well.

Dh and I have names for boys, but no clue on girls names! For boys we like Declan Robert or William Bennett. Robert is my dad's name, and Bennett is my FILs middle name. We haven't really talked about names with our families b/c they are quite opinionated and we didn't want to hear a bunch of "I hate that name", etc.

I had an appt today with my ob, and got to see my twins again. The u/s was more to check my cervix and look at a cyst I've had on my right ovary since about 7 wks, but I did see the babies briefly and heard their hearts. I could watch them for hours! I see the perinatologist in 10 days and they are going to see if they can tell the sex of the babies, so I will have a longer visit with them soon. I've also started getting my appetite back, which I am thrilled about!

I have started to think about their nursery, and decorating it, and I am seriously addicted to pottery barn kids! Is anyone else starting to plan for major purchases? I still haven't looked into strollers and things like that, but the little nursery items are irresistible to me!

I am hopefully getting to find out the sex on the 15th and get it confirmed on the 20th with the 3-d ultrasound. I am itching to know! I am going back and forth about what I am having. Most of the time I think girl because I want one so badly. But I hopefully have only 13 days left until we know.

So glad the next appt will have a different doctor. My first one needs to listen to his patients more.

girls my symptoms are the same if anything i havent noticed that many the last couple of days which worries me! im still quite crampy on and off too. i cant believe i delayed my scan to 8 weeks now i know it was the right decision for me but at the same time im now regretting it xxx

it must have been exciting to see your babies again Michelle, they should be able to tell the sex in 10 days time wont they? We haven't really said much about names and stuff to people, i'm a bit like you i wouldn't want people saying 'don't like that', etc.

wantanerd, exciting times for you too hopefully finding out the sex

annie, my symptoms are a bit like that, but then when i think how i do feel, i'm really not feeling my best at all at the moment, and i HAVE to take this as a positive sign, although i must admit the closer i get to my scan date, the more negative i'm feeling. Trying to think of little things to keep me going, like this cycle was a much better cycle, more eggs and we managed to get to blast too, i've got 2 blasts on board so feel like one of these really should have made it, well hoping so much that at least one of them has [-o<

completely rambling, thinking this is a sign of pregnancy hormones too :haha:

xxx

mrs sunshine and annie - I am feeling the exact same as you girls. Yesterday I was nauseous all afternoon with no appetite adn then last night I was so hungry for anything and not feeling nauseous at all (which, of course, worried me). It seems to go in cycles like this. Annie, I know it seems like your 8 week scan is forever away, but I had a scan at 6 weeks and it doesn't keep me from worrying...I am dying to get to that 8 week point. The only part I would have really been wondering about was whether I had one or two in there.

Michelle - Awesome you got to see your babies again. I am so jealous...I wish I was at your point!

we should see it as a positive sign if all of us are feeling the same, i have a friend who is pregnant and about a week ahead of me, and she is feeling pretty similar too, so fingers crossed its a really good sign for all of us :hugs:

xxx

This is what helped me out when I was in the 1st trimester. Once you get to 7 weeks and there is a heartbeat you have a 93% chance of delivering a baby. Once you get to 9 weeks and there is a heartbeat you have a 97% chance of delivering a healthy baby.

Remember the odds are in your favor! Once you get to 10 weeks, the time flies quickly. In no time you will all be in your second trimester!

This is what helped me out when I was in the 1st trimester. Once you get to 7 weeks and there is a heartbeat you have a 93% chance of delivering a baby. Once you get to 9 weeks and there is a heartbeat you have a 97% chance of delivering a healthy baby.

Remember the odds are in your favor! Once you get to 10 weeks, the time flies quickly. In no time you will all be in your second trimester!

those ae fab stats and in a way they do make me feel much better! i guess the thing is last time i was in the 7 percent who saw a heartbeat ay 7 weeks to have it all taken away and thats why ive delayed my scan to 8 weeks x

i think your right to cencentrate on lovely statistics like that tho wantanerd because i know this is all of our time now and this time next year we will be preparing for xmas with our lovely babies!

im glad were ll feeling similar too guys it must be a good sign :)

So my friends and hubby have all discussed this whole glucose test. I am not taking it tomorrow. It caused too much stress and panic and I am going to seek the opinion of the new doctor on the 15th. I will take an A1C test which shows your sugar without having to drink the sugar crap. I am going to continue doing low carb and low sugar. I am continuing my meds and I really think I will be good. I may even buy a meter and monitor the blood sugar once a day.
I will do whats right for the baby but not with an ob who thinks they know my body better than me. I am 14 weeks today and I feel good other than getting used to the Metformin again and my head being stuffed up but thats what I get in the winter in CO.

Hoping everyone has a great weekend.

Sounds like you've made the right decision, a1c's are a really good way of monitoring things, I mean theyre used all the time for diabetics. Your diet sounds really good, so it sounds like you're being sensible, you don't need extra stress and pressure when you're pregnant anyway.

Xx

Hope everyone had good weekend!

I know the 1st tri feels like it takes forever, but it did start to move a little faster once I got to 9-10 weeks. Unfortunately, that was also the start of the worst of my MS, but that seems to be going away now.

Annie and MrsSunshine, are your first scans scheduled for this week?

I love this time of year, I have always been a Christmas person, and it is so crazy to think that at Christmas next year I will have two 7 month olds! :shock:

yeah my first scan is wednesday, am so nervous, well terrified is the right word i think :dohh: I have lots more symptoms this time, but as its getting closer the more frightened i'm getting

i'm not really a christmas person, think the ttc for years has made it worse, but i know next year will be better when (fingers crossed) we have our little one.

xxx

I got nervous right before each of the ultrasounds I had even though the first four were only a week apart. But as soon as I saw that everything was fine, I was on cloud nine. I started to get nervous when I went three weeks between ultrasounds with my 11 week appointment and started to get nervous before that one. Once I saw the baby rolling around, I was fine. Now that I am 10 days away from my next Dr appt, I am getting anxious yet again and it will all go away as soon as the ultrasound machine is turned on.

I think its normal before you can feel the baby kick. That is a sure fire way to know everything is completely fine. Right now we are in limbo until we get to 18-20 weeks. The only way we truly know everything is okay right now is with the ultrasound.

yeah i guess you're right, and then we'll start worrying whether baby is kicking enough! it'll be never ending :haha:

xx

all great posts ladies...I liked the one with the statistics. And yes, I don't think the worrying will ever end. I am counting down the days till my next scan (next Tuesday!!). Hopefully the days will fly by as my mom and I are headed to NYC for a long weekend on Thursday. We are going up with my best friend and her mom...should be a fun trip as I love NYC during Christmas!

AFM, I felt crappy all weekend (which I was happy about haha). Was very nauseous both days and the only thing that helped settle my stomach was sleeping and a little bit of ginger ale (been watering it down as I am trying to stay away from too much sugar but it does make my stomach feel better). My friend also told me that peppermint helped her with the nausea but that hasn't really heped me much. Yall have any pointers? I am not actually vomiting but I just feel like I need to all the time and don't have an appetite. I am feeling better today, maybe cause I am at work and don't have time to deal with not feeling good haha.

How are you ladies feeling?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"