Assisted Conception Ladies Due in Summer 2012?

Harvest, how did your scan go? How are those twinnies doing??

yeah having said that mine didnt start hurting til after bfp either so maybe it isnt then? i just dont think i believe im actually pregnant lol! x

yeah having said that mine didnt start hurting til after bfp either so maybe it isnt then? i just dont think i believe im actually pregnant lol! x

I am totally with you! I dont know if I'll believe it until my belly starts growing...even then, it may take the baby being born for me to realize that this is actually happening!! I just pray it all sticks.

Yesterday at the doctors office was the first time it felt "real"...I just wish I had u/s appointments everyday! haha :haha:

ultrasound petrify me i had some horrible experiences with my angel but i must learn not to compare lol! xxxx

I had horrendous u/s experiences last time too, I'm already feeling really nervous about my scan next week, I really don't know how I'll cope if it all goes wrong this time too.

It must have been so good seeing the heartbeat sunshine

I keep doing pregnancy tests because I find it all a bit surreal :haha:

Xx

do you feel diff this time mrs sunshine? i do which it makes it easier xxx

Sunshine- great news about your scan! Yay for a healthy heartbeat :)
Wantanerd-sorry about your test needing to be done again, that sounds awful! Hope it is not too bad for you monday :)
AFM-my scan was moved to today so I am going in 2 hours! Can't wait to see those llittle ones moving around. I am sure they will be much bigger than last time :) FX it all goes OK, I'll update later.

do you feel diff this time mrs sunshine? i do which it makes it easier xxx

i do feel different this time, i didn't have as many symptoms last time, it is making it a bit easier, but i'm so frightened of history repeating itself.

good luck harvest, i bet they have grown loads!!

xx

harvest goodluck thats so exciting!! xxxxx

Hubby was an insensitive jerk this morning. He works from 3-1Am so the first time I really get to talk to him about the glucose test is when he wakes up. I started to talk to him about it and he got mad yelled and told me to stop stressing and that could be the very reason my levels were elevated last time. Then he said I was acting like my friend who is pregnant and freaks out at every little thing (she is 8 weeks away from the 3 hour test) and the tears started flowing.

He isn't the one pregnant and isn't the one who is having to have all these tests done. All I want is some understanding and some comfort. Is hearing everything is going to be fine too much to ask. Now I won't even talk to him about the test for fear he will go off on me again.

I am scared and I need him to deal with my stressing out about the test and comforting me, not getting huffy when he knows I am scared out of my mind and will be like this until the test.

wantanerd - so sorry about the insensitive hubby. You are right, they don't know what we are going through. Every twitch, sneeze, yawn, and ache is analyzed (especially after being through assisted conception). My hubby and I would get in some fights just cause I don't think he realized how much all the appointments, blood draws and ultrasounds would weigh on me...missing work and having to lie to people about things...all to get a BFN at the end of it. Every month was heartbreaking and he never fully grasped what I was going through (how could he?). It just sucked and all I wanted at times is compassion...and I totally see what you mean. In my opinion, if you are pregnant, you get the right to bitch every once in awhile...and I think it is their job to hug you, tell you they love you adn that everything is going to be just fine.

On another note, my DH loved the term PUPO, it somehow became his nickname for me...and I thought that was cute. Now that I am pregnant and due in July, he is calling me PUJ (Pregnant until July)...however he is pronoucing it "pudge" which in the US is kinda a term for fat. He thinks its funny but it is driving me insane!

I am no longer scared about this glucose test, I am PISSED. I knew I should have trusted my instinct and stayed on Metformin like my ER and PCOS nurse practitioner suggested. Instead I stupidly believed my OB and went off of the meds.

Now doing research it says not only does the meds not hurt the baby, it reduces the risk of gestational diabetes ten fold. It is also a proven treatment of it as well. Metformin regulated my sugar perfectly. Now when I go back to the Dr on the 15th (thankfully it will be a different one) I will demand to be put back on metformin and they can do regular a1c checks on me if they so choose.

I keep forgetting doctor's have many patients and I know my body better than anyone else. I let the Dr convince me of something and I got an elevated glucose reading (I am also sure getting the test done the Monday after thanksgiving didn't help either). So I will take the test on Monday, hope it shows I am fine and then go to the Doc and either get back on metformin to prevent gestational diabetes or get back on it to treat it.

Wantanerd, men can be so crap sometimes like sunshine said they just don't understand everything that we go through and how nerve wracking it all is. My hubby is pretty good most of the time, but sometimes he just says no point in worrying we can't change anything, now that drive me mad!

Hope your dr puts you back on the metformin, don't understand why they took you off it when it can't hurt your baby.

Big :hugs:

Xx

Sorry about your hubby wantanerd :hugs: hope you two get things sorted soon, stress is not good for baby :nope:
Sunshine, love the name your hubby has for you! It is so endearing, sounds like he is excited about baby :)
AFM scan went great yesterday! Babies are both measuring right on target and we got to hear thier little heartbeats :cloud9: It was amazing! It all feels so real all of a sudden. Told my Dr about my sickness and he was so worried and told me that I had to start taking diclectin becuase me and the babies wern't getting enough nourishment. He made me promise to take it even though I was hesitant. He also sent me for some blood work to check on my thyroid and electrolytes, etc. Hope is all comes back OK, FX. I didn't gradute from the FS yet though as he wants me to come back in Dec and I am actually really happy about it becuase he is such an excellent Dr who I trust which can be really hard to find. Too bad he can't follow me though the entire pregnancy. Anyways sorry to write a novel but I will try to post some pics tonight from home.
Take care ladies! :hugs:

I actually wish I could go back to my ER (well the nurse practitioner in the practice) because I trusted them and they made sure everything was going well. Now with the military, I am leery but hopefully I will find one doctor who I like before I go to FL. In FL there is only one Dr I can go to in my home town.

Hubby has been better and I think he is going to come with me to the 3 hour test. I put myself back on metformin. I should have listened to the np over the dr. Hoping the low carb and the metformin help with Monday. I researched for hours last night and came to the conclusion it is better for me to be on the medication.

Harvest- glad to hear the scan went well. Can't wait till I have my next scan to see how big Gir (what we are calling the baby until we know the sex) is. Unfortunately the last scan, Gir was moving around too much to get a proper measurement. So hoping everything is on target.

Congrats on the awesome scan Harvest!! I am with you on the FS...I wish mine could follow me through the entire pregnancy too...I just trust him and their whole office. When I went in for my scan...ALL of the nurses came in wtih me (all 5 of them) cause they were so excited for me and DH. My hubby couldn't believe how much they really cared and how amazing they were. You just dont get that treatment at a regular doctors office.

Glad he gave you some meds to control the sickness...hopefully they will help and keep the baby nourished!

And yes, my hubby is so excited and it shows in his actions :)

By the way, just for fun doyou ladies have any names picked out for boys/girls?

Glad your scan went well harvest, looking forward to a scan photo!!

Wantanerd glad your hubby seems to be coming round. I don't blame you for going back on the meds if that's what your original dr said, really don't understand why they told you to stop. Hopefully everything will be good with your next test :hugs:

We do have a boys name picked out, I guess after trying for over four years we've had plenty of time to discuss it, we can't agree on a girls name though, there are loads I like, but hubby won't agree :dohh: Our boys name will be Joshua

Xx

We have had our baby names picked out for years but since its getting closer to when we find out what we are having I have been trying to get hubby to budge on our boys name.

For a girl: Hunter Iris or Hunter Anne (named after my dad and either his grandmother or mine)

For a boy: Arthur Conan (originally Arthur John after his grandfather plus both he and his dad's first name is arthur but they don't go by it and neither is the kid) hubby wants to nick name the kid Doyle.

So we are set for a girl (what I am really really really hoping for) and still to be finalized for a boy.

I love the names girls :)

We only have a girls name picked out...and are still working on the boys names.

Girl:
Kyla Grace - I had a younger brother Kyle who passed away in March 2010 in an ATV accident. He was one of my best friends and one of DHs best friends too...so we picked a girls name that is just like his. The stress of his death was why I originally thought I wasn't getting pregnant...then eventually I found it was much more than the stress.

Boy:
THe boy name, well, I don't want to name him Kyle as I always want to think of my brother as Kyle and not my son. We will probably use Kyle as the middle name...but for first names we are constantly changing. Right now it is Tristan and Jayden. who knows!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->