*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

gah, docs called today. they are going to wait until I'm further along to do anything and hope disaster doesn't strike in the meantime. I'm on pelvic rest as well as no lifting anything and trying not to bend. I'm also not supposed to let my bladder get full as pushing against my cyst may cause it to twist. I told them that I didn't want to lose my ovary and they said honestly I will prob lose both the ovary and tube. I'm so devastated, but trying to hang on to the fact that baby is okay and will hopefully stay okay. hanging out now for three weeks before they will take any action. :cry: sorry it's all me, me, me I'm just in a bad place right now and my mind is all over.

Rebecca if I had your insurance I would be going in weekly lol!

Nice to hear that most of you who are suffering with some unpleasant symptoms are starting to feel better. 2have I just hope for your sake that your headaches start subsiding soon. Maybe you should call your dr? It can't be good for you or baby to feel that horrible all the time and to struggle to sleep?

Beemeck- I'm so sorry to hear about that ridiculous cyst! Please keep us updated hun. Good news that baby is doing so good.

Aww praying it's so cool your baby is so active :).

Rq- no I haven't seen that! We don't have a huge "insert anything weird here"-philia culture in RSA (if we do I don't know about it lol) so I don't think it's a problem here. But it's super creepy and disturbing especially because it's non-consentual. :(

I had such a nice day (well, until H came home!). It's voting day here and I took a half day off to go vote. Well as I got into the looooong que, groups of people in front of me told me "lady, you are pregnant right? So you are allowed to go to the front of the que". I got assisted immediately like I was 9 months preggies! Done in 5 min yay! Gotta love the bump, even though it's deflated a bit lol!

Oh my goodness Bee we cross-posted... sheez sorry, that totally sucks! I hope and pray you can keep your ovary and tube. Please take care hun. Xx

I told them that I didn't want to lose my ovary and they said honestly I will prob lose both the ovary and tube. I'm so devastated, but trying to hang on to the fact that baby is okay and will hopefully stay okay. hanging out now for three weeks before they will take any action. :cry: sorry it's all me, me, me I'm just in a bad place right now and my mind is all over.

Omg Hun I am so sorry. I hope that this is over soon for you. Hoping that the tube and ovary can be saved.

Praying sounds like a relaxing weekend.

Rebecca yay for subsiding ms

2have hope the headaches subside soon

Sorry if i am missing people

AFM doctors appointment consisted of weight and blood pressure lol. Another appointment in 4 weeks then we have our 18 week anatomy scan. Feeling really good, although still tired in the afternoons, always hungry, super thirst and having trouble sleeping at night. So no issues at all really. Not complaining, this is way better than what I expected or heard about. Just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

Bee that's really tough so sorry to hear. Rest up and don't overdo it.

Fern- you go girl and your baby bump. At Nordstrom (a department store) they have expectant mom parking. Now I can finally park there!!

Myshel- so happy your feeling better and that everything was good at the doctor. Did they listen to baby on the Doppler?

You're right I really should just get a scan. Why the hell not?

Nope, no Doppler.... Thinking of buying one. Anyone have a suggestion on a brand?

beemeck:hugs::hugs::hugs: so sorry you are going through all of this. Rest up and try to take it easy

I have a sonoline b and love it. I have been able to find him since 9 weeks.

Beemeck, I'm so sorry. I hope they are able to remove the cyst without having to remove anything else. Please take it way easy. :hugs:

We are heading to a maternity expo next weekend and I'm really excited. It's also my birthday weekend. I signed up to have a 4d ultrasound at the expo. My mom is flying in to meet us at the expo so she will get to see the baby on the ultrasound so that will be really cool!

Fern, I would definitely say it's baby. I think I felt the baby again the other night. It felt like bubbles. It could have been gas but it was in the same place I find his hearbeat!

Beemack why are they waiting, if it bursts it's going to hurt and wouldn't that be a danger to you? You'd think the longer they leave it, at the rate it's growing it compromises your bits even more. Sending you hugs and fx for best possible outcomes!

Fern there are definite perks to having a bump! I darn't park in the pregnant or parents with child spot until I have a good size bump on me but looking forward to that day!

Myshelsong I got a Sonoline B doppler a few years ago brand new off ebay for $30. They're usually much more expensive but it works great.

Hi to everyone else :wave:

Well by this time tomorrow we'll be looking at the babies in detail with the 12 week scan. And then Friday I see my doctor and will ask her about my headaches. Yesterday I actually woke up and went to bed with a headache, today no headache so far knock on wood! We're dropping DD with grandma today and zneaking off to see the new Star Trek movie. I'm SO excited! And then off to the best chicken wing place in town. Ahhhh the small things that make life wonderful :bunny::dance:

Beemeck, I am so sorry. I remember waking up from surgery and being told that both my tubes had to be removed, I was devastated so I can completely understand how you are feeling right now. I truly hope it doesn't come to that, take the doctors advice and make sure you rest.

Myshelsong, glad pregnancy is going well and you are feeling good, definitely enjoy it. Glad everyone else's MS is starting to ease.

2have, sorry about the headaches, I have been suffering with them on and off for a few weeks too so feeling your pain (although I don't have a LO to look after as well). I spoke too soon about mine, didn't have a great day and had to cut my shopping trip short today as my head was pounding, came home and slept for two hours. I have read it's hormone related, things are probably trying to balance out. I find keeping my feet warm and putting a warm compress on my head helps, something to do with blood flow.

I hope everyone else is doing well :flower:

Beemeck - sorry to hear about your cyst. I hope everything goes well for you and "disaster doesn't strike".

Just in case anyone is interested, here is a link to that article. There were a bunch of articles written on it from a lot of different sources.

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/p...e/news-story/b01307a148019c1b90f4a5b9f132e3c7

they are waiting as it's safer for baby. the doc mentioned losing the baby doing it too early or damage to the internal organs that are still forming. the cyst bursting believe it or not is best case scenario. it will not cause a problem - only hurt like hell! twisting is a danger because it will require emergency surgery which isn't good for pregnancy - they like everything to be planned and monitored. so the con of waiting is that happening but the con of too soon is the loss of the baby and I guess that has a higher chance of happening than the twisting.

We crossed posts. 2have, enjoy your date night and best of luck for tomorrow, enjoy seeing your little ones.

Fern/froggy, how wonderful that you are feeling baby. I cannot wait to get to this stage.

Rq- that article is suuuuper disturbing!! Added to the preggophilia, the info at the end about people stealing baby pics and playing a game with them, wth!? Thanks for sharing, though. It has just made me a lot more vigilant. Are you in Australia? (Sorry if it's in your info section, I'm on my phone and it doesn't show :) )

Bee- makes sense but it still sucks. Hope time flies by and nothing bad happens. You are in my prayers lady. Xxx

2have - hope you have a lovely scan tomorrow and that all you hear/see is good news. Stay away headache!

Aww pinkie, fx your hormone levels are stabilizing and the dumb headaches go away again!

Looks like H and I'm separated for now, we're "apparently" going to get into counselling but I'll believe that when I see it (he always has a million excuses; in 5 years that I've wanted counselling he's never gone with me). He moved his stuff into a downstairs bedroom. I wish he would move out (actually I wish we could make up but it's impossible at this stage). If I could afford it and if my family NEVER had to find out, I would move out. It's extremely unpleasant when he's around and I'm worried that the baby will develop a depression or anxiety disorder. Well I suppose I have to do more to stay out of his way! I keep trying to talk to him. Looks like I'm not the world's fastest learner :/.

Fern I'm so sorry for you honey! This is supposed to be a special time and instead your dealing with all this. Wishing you all the strength to get through your marriage difficulties.

I'm sorry fern, right now isn't the time for this to be happening. I really hope you can get into counselling and work things out.

Hi ladies just a quick post sorry I'm up to my eyes in work as I've been away so long 🙈

Fern I'm so so sorry it has come to this, maybe you could book counselling and give him the date...now or never type of thing? I'm not sure how things work with your country but I'm sure their would be financial help available if you moved out...would your family not be supportive? Surely your emotional wellbeing should be forefront of their concern? (((Hugs)))

Bee I'm so sorry what a nightmare for you fx it all goes well!!

2have so exciting hope you have a super day seeing your babies!

Hi to everyone else sorry it's a flying visit!

I'm ok on the mend very slowly!

Fern - Yeah, the article is super disturbing and it makes you think about what you are sharing with the world. That is why I mentioned ES should edit the US pic with her name on it. I thought it might be helpful to share with the group.
To answer your question, I'm from the United States. I just used the UK article because there were a bunch of them and that one was the first complete one I found.

Sorry to hear about you and your hubby. I hope everything works out for the best, whatever "the best" may be for you. I'm sorry that you have to go through this stress and anguish, especially when you are pregnant. You should be treated like a goddess and be able to enjoy every moment of your pregnancy. My hubby rubs my belly every night and it is so special to me. It almost makes me cry that your are missing that connection when it matters most. :hugs:

Fern, I hope that if he doesn't end up going to counselling with you, that you will chose to go yourself. It is very very helpful on a personal and emotional level. It will let you get things off your chest, give you some clarity and hopefully will help open up some options for you. I know it sucks since you don't want to tell family, but is there someone close you can confide in? Maybe a good friend or even a sibling that will keep your confidence?

Just ordered the sonoline b .... Ahh so excited! Just don't tell my hubs yet lol.

Nimbec glad you are still on the mend, even if it is slowly. Hopefully everyday will be better!

Fern I agree with Myshelsong, I've done counselling by myself and it helped me stop stressing so much over his behaviours and I stopped inadvertently feeding the fighting. We reconciled and had a stronger relationship which wasn't what I expected but a new perspective helped me immensely.

Myshelsong have fun with the doppler but don't stress if you can't find baby. I had s midwife for the first 6 months of my pregnancy last year and even they had a hard time finding it sometimes.

Had another headache tonight. But was good most of the day so that was great. Dropped DD with Grandma and saw the new Star Trek. It was SO nice but I had a hard time keeping my eyes open, the sleep deprivation almost caught me. Then we went for wings at this awesome wings place, my fav ever. I had dill pickle & salt n' pepper, DH chose cajun. Yum, they were all soo good! I've been craving wings from that place for months. There was a line up to get in but since we were only 2 and everyone else had big parties we got whipped in and seated right away whew! I always hated wings before I went to this place... now I dream about their wings regularly :haha:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->