*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

Rebecca- you sound just as happy with twin girls :) it will be interesting to find out if the doctors were right about both yours and mine!

By the way rq have you heard anything about your blood tests?

I kind of wanted at least 1 boy in my family so I'm a twinge disappointed but if they're anything like my daughter I'm really going to be thrilled because she is the most adorable and easy going kid around.

Booo rq it sucks to wait :) I'm convinced they are perfectly healthy but also curious to find out about the genders. X hope you hear all the good news soon!

Rebecca - aww it's still early and one or both could well be a boy. With hormone surges & swelling/deflating, techs definitely can't be certain now. I'm waiting for 31 aug to find out for sure. 25 more sleeps!!

Is anyone else an Olympic games junkie? I tried to stay up for the opening ceremony at 1am our time last night but the belly wouldn't let me!

Ugggg I'm up @ 4am for the midnight dream feed for DD and started reading FB getting back to sleep when I read about those 18 mnth old Atlanta twins who died in a truck when their dad forgot to take them out at 32 degrees C. Do you think I can sleep now? Can't stop blubbering the poor wee angels. Why are people so incredibly stupid? The father was napping inside the house. :grr: if I were the wife the police would have a first degree murder on their hands.:cry::cry::cry:
Makes me sick to my stomach.

I'm watching the olympics right now!

Ok so I have to vent a bit. So we are starting to tell people and even some that we have already told have said the same thing. Is this a "natural" miracle pregnancy.... Even Hubs mom asked it, like it wasn't exciting enough if if wasn't something we couldn't do by ourselves. Not everyone has said it, but my friend said it last night and I got really upset about it. I ended up going no, it wasn't a miracle, it was through lots of fertility treatments, lots of money and lots of prayers. We are never going to be able to conceive naturally, like ever. That is just not in our cards, but it doesn't matter because we are pregnant and it is exciting regardless.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2have, omg, that is horrendous. I just can't get my head around how anyone would think it was ok to leave babies in the car. Those poor poor babies, how would a mother ever get over that. So upsetting.
It happens a lot here in the UK with dogs, Even though it's always well advertised when we have hot weather not to leave pets in a hot car. Some people are so stupid. We also had an incident a few weeks back when a women left her child in her car seat on the hottest day of the year while she went into a clothes store, thankfully someone noticed the child and after waiting a while to make sure the mother was coming back she called the police. She should have been arrested. Just baffles me!

Myshel, yes I have experienced this. Drives me mad but I have to let these things go over my head because I have found that no one seems to say the right thing. I don't think anyone means any harm or would intentionally want to upset you, I just think people find the whole 'infertility' thing a little uncomfortable. It doesn't excuse it and I wish people wouldn't bother saying anything but they do. Unless you have ever been through this journey you have no idea what is the right or wrong thing to say. When I told my friend our news a few weeks ago she said to make sure we start trying again as soon as I've had this one because that's when you are most fertile. Of course I know that but she clearly forgot about the part that I had both my tubes removed 6 months ago so a natural conception is impossible. As far as I am concerned, yes these babies are little miracles, miracles made with Love and a little science.

2have - oh how horrible. How do you forget about your twins!? That is the most irresponsible and uncaring father. Yes I would definitely murder him had I been the wife... I think I would have gone mad. How incredibly sad. :(

Myshel- I love that while I never watch sports, every 4 years I turn into a gymnastics & archery & handball & synchronized swimming etc etc superfan lol!!
No, no-one has asked us how this LO was conceived. However: if someone asks me if it is a miracle baby I would say yes! It's a baby conceived in love (making a baby in a lab was no less an act of love for me than having sex), wanting to have a family (very natural), no doctor in the world can force the MIRACLE of DNA fusing together or an embryo implanting and sharing a body with a mommy or surro mommy... yes we needed medical assistance but a person who lost a leg and is able to walk again with a prosthesis is no less of a miracle. Almost everyone in the world gets medical assistance in some form during their lifetime. It has in fact, become "natural". Our babies are miracles. End of story. Sorry for anyone who thinks otherwise!

Oh my myshel, that would make me mad too. Most of the people I know already knew we did ivf so I haven't gotten that question. I would be upset too. Your reply back should be "it might not have been "natural " but it's still a miracle" because it is still a miracle! If you think about how every step through the process had to go just right in order to conceive, it's amazing!! I'm sorry people don't think before they speak.

2have, I'm in atlanta. It actually happens here in the us a lot, in don't know if it happens anywhere else like it does here. They call it forgotten baby syndrome. I personally don't understand it, but apparently it happens most when there is a change in routine. They are starting to make devices to alert a parent if there is a baby in the backseat. It's horrible, and I couldn't imagine how that mother, or father felt. I don't think he did it on purpose because when he woke up from his nap he immediately realized that he forgot them and tried to revive them.

Forgotten baby syndrome? I didn't know that was a thing?? It doesn't often happen here at all. :(

Myshelsong, my 'friend' who's really more of a selfish cow said sonething. She knows we've done countless ivf's and were on the adotion list last year. She said see, if you just let your hair doen and enjoy sex. I quickly corrected her and said that anything we do to havr kids is well planned out, is using the best medical technology, and has nothing to do with me letting my hair down, etc. my mom said she's making out that I'm so high strung that I don't enjoy it and I should de-friend her. I'm trying to, slowly.

I think that forgotten child 'syndrome' is balogne. They've got a syndrome for everything in the States so they can treat it medically or justify it in court. This guy had alcohol in his blood, they just don't know how much. I know he tried to revive them but I just can't imagine the situation. I'm very unforgiving when it comes to parents who don't take care of their kids. We try SO hard to have them and others get them SO easily and abuse their priveledge :nope::grr:

I do agree that what he did is unforgivable, it's absolutely horrible. I couldn't imagine dying that horrific death, and those poor babies had no idea what was happeneing. It happens way too often. I'm sure he will go to prison, and have to live every day with the fact that he made a mistake so huge that he killed his own babies. I wouldn't be able to live with myself. There is another man on trial right now for intentionally leaving his son in a hot car. They are saying that he was having an affair and wanted to leave his wife so he purposely left their son in the car while he went into work.

Pinkie I think leaving a dog is horrible as well. I'm a huge dog lover, and they are just as innocent as kids, and rely on us to keep them safe.

Froggy I agree with everything you said, pets & kids are innocent and rely on us to keep them safe. The criminal penalties should be the same for each.

Groggy I know which one you are talking about! They said he even researched about how long it would take on his home computer and everything, makes me want to cry.

Groggy I know which one you are talking about! They said he even researched about how long it would take on his home computer and everything, makes me want to cry.

All for an affair, murder in the first is either life or death row depending on what State he resides in. I have shed tears over all this today, it makes me so sad, I look at MacKinley and just couldn't imagine. How can people be so horrible?:cry:

That's just a horrible horrible story!!
Lots of people leave their pocket book in the back seat so they remember to take their baby out. Or a dad should put on of his shoes in the back next to the baby. Just horrible to think about what that family is going through.
So sad

Ok ladies, it took 3 doses of magnesium and I've had 3 clear days completely free of headaches. I asked my doctor snd she said with the higher hormones in our body potassium and magnesium are going to be really great calming supplements. I was getting cramping calves and feet while sleeping and those are gone too. If you're getting headaches, try magnesium! Did you know magnesium is also in IV bags? I thought it was just saline.

Great news 2have, my headaches have been better although I have one today. DH left me sleeping in this morning and I think I had too much sleep. Hoping a walk later will clear it.

Ladies, does anyone have a pregnancy belly yet? I am 14 weeks today and apart from my MS I don't feel prergnant at all. Below my naval feels hard, more so as the day goes on, I thought it would start to rise above the pelvis about now? I do carry a little weight in the middle so I wonder if it was completely flat I'd be able to see something by now. From what I am reading it's anywhere between 12-16 weeks, I cannot wait to have a proper pregnant belly.

I'm still swollen from the 5 months of clomid followed by stims and now prednisolone bloat so I already look 6 months pregnant unless I hold it in. It's horrible right now, I can't wait to get an actual bump!!!

My tummy has been very swollen from the start, same reasons as Ellie's and I've also been having bloating & abdominal fat issues for a few years. The rest of my body is small so my tummy looks really big & round! Also, since a few weeks ago I've been able to clearly feel my uterus poking out above my pubic bone. My tummy had deflated a bit a week ago but is round and proud again lol! (Luckily just my tummy so far.)

So yeah I look very pregnant.

For me every day is different. Today I look bloated and some days I look flat. Never really looked pregnant except 1 or 2 times when I was really constipated

I have a lot of tummy fat. The last few years has not been good to me and my scale. But I will be happy when it is finally noticeable and not just lumpy. Lol

Omg battling the headache from hell for two days now. Took some calcium magnesium so I get both the calcium and mag but it is not touching it. Tried a regular Tylenol and still nothing. Hoping it just goes away soon, I hate headaches.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->