*Assisted conception ladies due Jan/Feb/March 2017*

2have - you have me craving wings now!! I could gladly have an all you can eat wings buffet right now.

The husband saga... he wants to start sorting things out apparently but there are many communication issues etc, I still would prefer counselling. Otherwise the problems aren't going to go away. And I'm going to use your advice and enquire about counselling for myself if he keeps on refusing. Our church offers counselling, which I'd prefer over a psychologist, so it's nice to have that option to explore. Thanks again for concrete advice ladies, someone mentioned the love languages book a few months ago when we were also (still) having issues; he agreed to work through the book with me. At least he is finally willing to do something.

Myshel- ahhh I read your post earlier and it convinced me to try and get my own doppler hehe! So I found a second hand one for sale by a lady not too far from me, still with its packaging and ultrasound gel so I contacted her and hoping to get it!

Nimbec- glad you're doing better!! When is your next scan? Gl at work. X

Bee- are you doing OK today? Thinking of you hun.

Fern - Yes, I LOVE the Five Love Languages book. Hubby and I got it via audio book and listened to it together whenever we were riding in the car together.

I bought the 5 languages of love book a while ago. Never actually ready it tho.

I'm dying to get a Doppler too but I'm worried about finding both babies heartbeats. I'm starting to get anxious and I made an appointment for a week from today for an ultrasound but I'm not sure I can wait that long!
2have- I used to love wings but since I'm pregnant I've totally gone vegetarian I can not stomach any meats/fish/chicken.
Sounds like you had a great time and I'm glad you satisfied your craving.

Fern, I am so sorry it has come to this and I hope you can work through your difficulties. I agree counselling even on your own is a great idea, I had this last year for the first time and it was a massive help to me (my was grief related) it doesn't take away the pain of what is happening but it helps you learn how to cope good luck with everything.

Rebecca, take all the scans you can get, I would definitely have one once a week if I could.

2have, glad you had a great time last night. How did you get on at your scan today? I am also interested to hear what advice they gave you for your headaches? I have been in bed for the last two days trying to shift mine, I will call midwife tomorrow if I have no improvement.

Enjoy your Dopplers ladies, let me know how you get on with them as I am still undecided if to get one.

Hope everyone is having a good day X

Ok, so I was getting leg cramps too and started taking some magnesium in my tea the past few evenings and my headaches have been less and less during the days starting later and later into the evenings. I don't have the leg cramps now either. Mag is a common deficiency in pregnant women and helps sooth the muscles and nervous system. It can especially be low when we drink alot of water in the summer (which I've been doing). Totally cures constipation, not that I have sn issue in this regard (just don't take more than the recommended dose or you'll go the other way lol), calms raw nerves (oh the fussing when DD refuses to sleep), and thsnkfully my leg muscle cramps are gone! Feeling better today.

Has my 12 week scan today and absolutely no chance if Trisomy/Downs. They measure a few days ahead and heartbeats were 168 and 163. Babies will be born healthy ~ Feb 16! I forgot to pick up the CD with the photos. Not sure I'll go back to collect it. Not really into that stuff. My main concern is healthy babies and that we are now assured of:dance:

Sorry for the me me me post, have yo go ckean the car and will be back to chat later xx

2have that's great that the babies are doing well and they are healthy!

I'm having a bit of heartburn but otherwise feeling pretty decent (knock on wood).
Going out with friends and their kids for pizza. Love easy suppers

2have that's great that the babies are doing well and they are healthy!

I'm having a bit of heartburn but otherwise feeling pretty decent (knock on wood).
Going out with friends and their kids for pizza. Love easy suppers

Oh I <3 eating out. Have fun Rebecca!

Glad your scan went well 2have. The movie and wings sounded wonderful, so hungry again now. I heard of the mag tea before but never tried it. Sounds interesting.

rebecca have a great dinner! Sounds like a nice night. Good luck on thr next scan, I am still in awe they will even let you book that many. Super lucky. I wouldn't get a Doppler with two in there though, it would be way to confusing and frustrating I would think.

Fern, the love language books are a really good read. I highly recommend them.
I am glad that I have a Doppler buddy, let me know how it goes and if anyone does have one let us know how you work it lol. What works for you or tips and tricks would be great.

Went over to the parents today, had a warm swim, ate some Chinese food and now waiting for my brother to come over. He is staying with us for a few days while he is back in town. Ugh I have to clean my house! But today was really good and relaxing for sure.

I really don't think the doppler with twins would be hard, I find him every time in just about the same spot, so I would think you could separate the twins. Myshel, start in the middle, closer to your public bone and move out to each side. Gage is sitting just right from the middle. And if you don't find your baby that low, move up just a bit and do the same thing. Don't stray away from one spot too easily, try at all angles before moving the wand because I'll have his heartbeat, and it will disappear so I change angles and find him again. They are moving around so much that it's not always a solid heartbeat, you have to kind of chase them around. There are a ton on YouTube videos that help too. Just type in "sonoline b __weeks" and there will be videos showing you the best tips.

Myshel- swimming sounds really nice right about now. We usually go to my in laws pool on weekends. My daughter loves the pool! I bought her these floats called puddle jumpers and she can swim without holding on. I stay close by but she's really getting good at it.

Froggy you're right that the babies kind of hang out in the same spot. The twins are pretty seperate and usually each in their own little corner.

I forgot to tell you guys, last week at the OB the tech thought it was two girls not two boys. Wouldn't that be funny?! By next week I'll know a bit more definitively. Gosh, now we need to think of girls names! So far 1 name I like is Bell. I'm not choosing names until 16 weeks when we really know what we're having.

2have, congrats on the 12 weeks scan and nuchal results. Glad the babies are doing great. Thanks for the info on mag tea, I will have a look into that. Thankfully my headache seems to have gone this morning, let's hope it stays away.

Myshel, what I would give to jump in a pool right now. Sounds wonderful.

I am so jealous you are all going out to eat food, it's one of my favourite things to do!

Rebecca, I hope you get the genders confirmed soon. We've had our girls name for years but cannot find one boys name that we both really like, it's so difficult.

I am going to try and make the most of feeling half human today and get out in the garden. Have a good day all :flower:

Hi all, how is everyone today? I've had a whirlwind of a day so far and it's still early. Problems, problems, and more problems at work. Some involving lawyers. I'll be glad when this day is over and I can take a few mental days off from it all.

Our friends brought over their 2 year old boxer last night. They are going to take a weekend trip and we will watch him until Monday afternoon. We have 2 dogs ourselves and they get along great. Well last night, he went on a destructive rampage. He tore up a wicker basket (that had been in the same place his whole life and he has spent MANY nights at our house) and there were wicker bits ALL over the stairs and littering our whole living room floor. He also chewed up coasters and a few other things. Thankfully nothing really important. He also peed and pooped on the floor and he knows better and can control his bladder/bowels for a long time. This is what I got to wake up too. Hubby did an awesome job cleaning before I got up, but there is only so much you can get done before you have to leave for work. The little guy just bought himself 3 nights in the kennel since we can't trust him.

Last night I was laying on the bed and hubby and I were feeling my stomach. It was the funniest thing because at first Hubby was like "wow they are really on your left side tonight" (big hard ball) and then a few mins later they were definitely on the right hand side. I guess my uterus was going left and right and they were in different spots at different times. We were laughing and wondering if maybe they were rocking and rolling in there, because I wasn't really shifting MY body position. Either way it made us laugh.

2Have - I'm really happy you got a great result from the NT scan!

Rq sounds horrible to wake up to that mess. You're nice to agree to watch someone else's dog. I'm not that nice :)

I feel my tummy hard pretty much from the naval down. I really can't feel the babies tho

2have - congrats with your fantastic results!

Pinkie- it seems like your first tri symptoms are hopefully really subsiding. Fx.

Myshel- I ended up not getting that doppler. Another lady enquired before I did and she ended up buying it. However, H said tonight that he would like to get one. So maybe we will look at others. It's easy to re-sell as second hand, too. Enjoy yours!

Rq- aaww shame lucky you have such a lot of patience! Glad the doggy didn't do more damage. I miss having dogs but just can't handle a pup right now. And I loved the twins rocking& rolling story. :)

Rebecca - my uterus is right about my belly button too. It usually sits in the middle but was on the left and then right sides last night. You could definitely feel a hard ball on one side and the other side was softer then it switched sides. I can't feel the babies, just the uterus. We were joking that the babies really had to be rocking and rolling in there to get my uterus to move so much.

Also last night I was SUPER bloated and I could feel a lot of pulling lower in my belly. I don't know why I was especially bloated but it felt awful. I couldn't even drink my belly felt so full.

Rebecca- you sound just as happy with twin girls :) it will be interesting to find out if the doctors were right about both yours and mine!

By the way rq have you heard anything about your blood tests?

Fern - No! I haven't heard anything. They said 2 weeks, so I'm just trying to be patient. I was hoping I would hear something Wednesday because A LOT of people said they heard after 6 business days but not a peep from the doc's office yet. I'm anxious because I want to know they are healthy and I want a peek at what the genders may be.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->