Assisted conception success - due 2018 xx

Is anyone else getting headaches? I had quite a few bad ones with Madeleine and a few this time already but the one I've got now I've had since yesterday morning and it's now 10pm and still no sign of going, using a forehead stick and paracetamol but it's literally doing nothing, got to be my worst symptom, that and the nosebleeds which so far only had 2, come back nausea instead!!

star - sorry to hear you're not feeling well. I've only gotten headaches when I don't stay hydrated (which is accompanied by cramps too).. I hope it goes away soon!!

Ashley!!! TWINS!! So amazing! I'm so happy for you dear.

Koj and star I'm excited for your gender scans coming up!

3c I'm with you. My OB is same exact thing. I was under the impression I got ultrasounds every appt but no they check my dang urine every time!

Kj how are you doing? Do you get scanned often bc of twins?

Star before pregnancy I never got a headache but definitely get a few a week now. Unfortunately I haven't found anything to help.

AFM today is 12 weeks! I was so excited as I thought it meant I was in my second trimester but I've learned most say not until 14 weeks. So kind of bummed but I have alot planned the next few weeks.

KJW- Twin club! :hugs: :happydance::happydance: I have had my moments of being completely terrified, to crying with happiness. How have you been managing? :)

Star- sorry you are having headaches :( No fun while being pregnant! I have suffered with migraines and have to take prescription meds for them. Luckily I haven't had any yet. If you are able to take any meds okayed by your doctor, I suggest doing that AND taking a nap. Having suffered migraines all my life, I have figured out that I need to take meds at the first sign of one (and not just try to hold off on the meds to wait it out, it ALWAYS only gets worse) AND taking a nap. Even if I am not tired, this is the only way it will go away for me. A pharmacist also told me to try some caffeine, maybe ask your dr if you feel okay to have a little while pregnant?

Dogmommy- :hugs: Yay! We are finally here together! LOL Ummm WTF I thought 2nd tri was at 12 weeks. Cripes that is what I count it as hahaha.

AFM- Doing really good. I am so on :cloud9: but I keep worrying that I could have a vanishing twin or lose one. I don't have any signs or symptoms or anything but because I have heard of some people having that, it is always at the back of my mind. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay and I will carry both these babies to term.

Been super tired and I have been taking daily naps.

Thank you ladies

Kj, I will try and drink more, I think sometimes I forget to drink enough

Dogmommy, happy 12 weeks! When is your next scan?

Ashley, sometimes my headaches start with flashing lights which has only happened in pregnancy but then does just feel like a normal headache rather Than a migraine
Funny you should mention caffeine as with Madeleine I figured out the only way paracetamol would work for headaches is to take the paracetamols and have a cup of coffee, I don't go over the recommended limit so just 1-2 a day of instant coffee if I need it, with a toddler up through the night and early morning it's generally needed! I then have decaff or just have decaff if I don't feel I need the caffeine
It's understandable you're nervous, I still am now and only a scan reassures me for a little while , you have more chance of everything being fine so try it to worry and enjoy every moment

Dancing, hope your headache goes too very soon, definitely no fun

Hi ladies

I didn't manage to find heartbeat on Doppler or today, I'm not worried about that because I didn't really expect to but for some reason I'm feeling anxious anyway
Can't explain why, I had a slight bit of pink after we dtd yesterday but I felt this way before that , I didn't phone anyone as this didn't worry me either as it was straight after we dtd and was only once when I wiped, I was just feeling anxious before these things
Arghh I need 16 weeks to hurry up so I can hear the heartbeat and have another scan, I'm going to call the midwife tomorrow anyway for this constant headache so bp can be checked so hopefushe can give me some reassurance if I manage to get hold of anyone!

Hope you're all well?

I have had HORRIFIC headaches and migraines this time around. I suffer from migraines regularly and with Henry I had 2 in the first tri and then none until after I weaned him off breastfeeding. This time I have already had at least 5 migraines in the first trimester + many terrible headaches that last a day or two. Sometimes it is hydration, but other days for sure it isn't. I have slept very poorly and my headaches tend to come as a result of that.

Usually I can take Advil/ibuprofen and that works great but since I can't take it in pregnancy and Tylenol does nothing, it's awful. I did get cleared by Motherisk last time to take my migraine rx meds (rizatriptan) so I take that with a migraine but it leaves me terribly hungover after.

That sounds awful 3c, I was the same with Madeleine, a few bad Ines but they didn't go on for as long as this and only earlier on, the headaches feel the same though which makes me think its hormonal, although more sleep would help!

Yeah I think for me it is a combination of hormones + lack of sleep. Not really sure how to fix either lol.

I have been lucky with the doppler in that I'm finding the HB now each time I try. I have a requisition for a fetal wellbeing ultrasound whenever I feel anxious so I think I'll schedule it for around 14-15 wks just for reassurance.

Are there any tips for using a Doppler or is it pot luck?

dogmommy- I'm hoping you don't get leg cramps, they're awful! It's true 2nd trimester is technically 14 weeks but I still think 12 weeks is a great milestone. Congrats! I forget, will you be staying team yellow?

3chords- It's so interesting to me what women crave during pregnancy. It's so specific and different. I'm still very much into vegetables (despite my fried food rampage last week lol) and all dairy products- cheese, ice cream, milk, yogurt, etc. When my mom was pregnant with me she craved orange juice and hated milk- and I love OJ and don't typically like milk lol. My sister craved broccoli and at 3 years old my niece was stealing broccoli off my plate. So funny!

koj- Wow, that's crazy that your friends/family are spilling your secret. I'd be kind of pissed about that! Happy 18 weeks!!!

Ashley- OMG twins!!! :happydance::happydance: Congratulations! I'm so happy to see you here. So you're the third woman to get pregnant with twins from our old thread. Pretty cool! I think with two you can expect to go early, maybe around 36 weeks? But everyone is different :)

star- Happy 14 weeks! I'm so sorry you're still getting MS at this stage. I can definitely relate on the headaches. I've gotten about 5-6 bad ones so far, and about half of those were headaches I woke up with. It was like waking up with the worst hangover ever but I didn't drink anything! For me I take 2 extra strength Tylenol (same as paracetamol I think) and have some caffeine like a cup of tea or some cola. I keep sunglasses on and sometimes use an ice pack, and then I try and drink lots of water. All of these things together seem to do the trick. I think it's a combo of hormones and maybe air pressure changes, because the rain/humidity seems to make it worse. So excited for your gender scan!!! I'm still not sure what I think you're having...

AFM, my last appointment went well and I got to hear baby's heartbeat. :cloud9: I've gained 5.5lbs so far which seems great to me as I started out bigger than normal! I'm hoping some of that IVF weight has converted into baby ;) My anatomy scan will be 8/31. I don't know why but my bump seems huge for 16 weeks! I popped really early too. I'm not eating much more than normal soooo... :shrug:

Glad your appointment went well scooby and you got to hear the heartbeat
I haven't a clue what I'm having either but for some reason leaning slightly towards boy
We were booking the scan for 29th Aug but I looked today and it isn't available so must be all booked, will see if we can do it the weekend before which will be even sooner haha

ugh... bnb ate my long post :( so I'm just gonna add my doppler tips for star now.. haha

I took forever (like 10 min) to find the heartbeat when I first used my doppler at 16 weeks. Once I located the baby though, i've been able to find it in the same or similar areas very easily! Mine ended up being near my pubic line towards the left. Sometimes it moves towards the middle but it seems it likes to hangout towards the left for the most part. I was surprised how low and uncentered it was actually. As for tips, more gel the easier! I think it also helps to press down a bit more once you think you've heard the heartbeat. I hope this helps!

star - can you feel your uterus? If you lie down flat, press your fingers against the pelvic bone then move them up slightly bit by bit until you find it. Basically it's hard and when you reach the edge of it you'll feel the rest of the softer abdomen. You should be able to find the HB in that uterine zone (if it is still largely under pelvis you can have trouble). Also if you've found it before, look in generally the same spot. The uterus is still fairly small at this point and baby doesn't have a huge amount of room where it could be hiding so if you find it in one spot, no point in looking like 5 inches away next time (generally speaking).

3chords-hope your NT scan went well!

Koj-so exiting you are having your anatomy scan this week!! Can't wait to find out what you're having! I bet it will be really cool to see all the detail with that scan too!

Star-I just started having consistent headaches too and I usually don't get them offer. I agree they're the worst! I'm wondering if they are hormonal because I just stopped all my meds on Sunday and they seemed to have started after that:( hope we all get some relief soon!

Ashley-I totally had the same fears about the vanishing twin. It's been nice because we have gotten weekly ultrasounds up until this point so it's made us feel better. How often will you get your scans? As far as advice I'm still trying to get that from other people! I never in a million years thought I would have twins but I feel so lucky:) I've been trying to pick everyone else's brain and read as much as I can. It will be an adventure for sure! I can't wait to find out what you're having!

Afm:I tried posting last week but I think something was wrong with the site. We just graduated from our fertility clinic and I'm officially off all my meds! I'm 11w2d now and yesterday we met with our new ob who was really nice. She is high risk because they are identical and share a placenta. I go back in 3 weeks then I will be going every 2 weeks until 32 weeks then it will be twice a week until delivery. She said The goal is to get close to 37 weeks but I will not go past 37 because risks go up after than. She also said I will be the size of a 40 week pregnant person at 28weeks! I'm only 5'1 and 100 pounds to start but she said she has seen plenty of girls my size do just fine. I've already gained like 4-5 pounds. And she said my protein intake needs to be 175 grams a day! I think it will be intense but I'm definitely going to try my best to do it. Oh and we had our NT scan yesterday and they both looked great! So relieved to see them both growing and looking good! Sorry for the long post but it's been awhile since I posted.

Hope everyone else is doing good and can't wait for all of your upcoming scans:)

AFM today is 12 weeks! I was so excited as I thought it meant I was in my second trimester but I've learned most say not until 14 weeks. So kind of bummed but I have alot planned the next few weeks.

Happy 12 weeks!! If you divide 40 weeks in 3, it's actually 13 weeks and 3 days so you are extremely close!!!

Star I have had a headache since Sunday.

Sorry to hear you're suffering from headaches as well :(

AFM- Doing really good. I am so on :cloud9: but I keep worrying that I could have a vanishing twin or lose one. I don't have any signs or symptoms or anything but because I have heard of some people having that, it is always at the back of my mind. I just have a feeling that everything will be okay and I will carry both these babies to term.

Been super tired and I have been taking daily naps.

I totally understand the anxiety!!! I wish I could tell you it gets better but at 18 weeks, I'm still worried all the time! But it might just be me.. haha

Hi ladies

I didn't manage to find heartbeat on Doppler or today, I'm not worried about that because I didn't really expect to but for some reason I'm feeling anxious anyway
Can't explain why, I had a slight bit of pink after we dtd yesterday but I felt this way before that , I didn't phone anyone as this didn't worry me either as it was straight after we dtd and was only once when I wiped, I was just feeling anxious before these things
Arghh I need 16 weeks to hurry up so I can hear the heartbeat and have another scan, I'm going to call the midwife tomorrow anyway for this constant headache so bp can be checked so hopefushe can give me some reassurance if I manage to get hold of anyone!

Hope you're all well?

Any luck with your doppler since then? I've heard a bit of blood after BDing is totally normal!!

I have had HORRIFIC headaches and migraines this time around. I suffer from migraines regularly and with Henry I had 2 in the first tri and then none until after I weaned him off breastfeeding. This time I have already had at least 5 migraines in the first trimester + many terrible headaches that last a day or two. Sometimes it is hydration, but other days for sure it isn't. I have slept very poorly and my headaches tend to come as a result of that.

Usually I can take Advil/ibuprofen and that works great but since I can't take it in pregnancy and Tylenol does nothing, it's awful. I did get cleared by Motherisk last time to take my migraine rx meds (rizatriptan) so I take that with a migraine but it leaves me terribly hungover after.

headaches and insomnia sound painful :( I hope you get some relief soon!!

koj- Wow, that's crazy that your friends/family are spilling your secret. I'd be kind of pissed about that! Happy 18 weeks!!!

AFM, my last appointment went well and I got to hear baby's heartbeat. :cloud9: I've gained 5.5lbs so far which seems great to me as I started out bigger than normal! I'm hoping some of that IVF weight has converted into baby ;) My anatomy scan will be 8/31. I don't know why but my bump seems huge for 16 weeks! I popped really early too. I'm not eating much more than normal soooo... :shrug:

I know right!? It's my secret to tell!! ugh... everyone already tells me I'm so secretive but this experience is only going to make it worse.

Can't wait for your anatomy scan!! :) 2 more weeks!!

Koj-so exiting you are having your anatomy scan this week!! Can't wait to find out what you're having! I bet it will be really cool to see all the detail with that scan too!

Afm:I tried posting last week but I think something was wrong with the site. We just graduated from our fertility clinic and I'm officially off all my meds! I'm 11w2d now and yesterday we met with our new ob who was really nice. She is high risk because they are identical and share a placenta. I go back in 3 weeks then I will be going every 2 weeks until 32 weeks then it will be twice a week until delivery. She said The goal is to get close to 37 weeks but I will not go past 37 because risks go up after than. She also said I will be the size of a 40 week pregnant person at 28weeks! I'm only 5'1 and 100 pounds to start but she said she has seen plenty of girls my size do just fine. I've already gained like 4-5 pounds. And she said my protein intake needs to be 175 grams a day! I think it will be intense but I'm definitely going to try my best to do it. Oh and we had our NT scan yesterday and they both looked great! So relieved to see them both growing and looking good! Sorry for the long post but it's been awhile since I posted.

Hope everyone else is doing good and can't wait for all of your upcoming scans:)

Good to hear from you!! Congratulations on graduating from your clinic and I'm glad your NT scan went well! I don't know how much you have to eat to get 175grams of protein a day, but it sounds like a lot!! I honestly used to think it would be so fun to eat whatever you want when you're pregnant but didn't realize how hard it is to eat when you HAVE to!! :dohh:

AFM - by this time tomorrow, I will know if i'm team blue or pink!!! My husband who was thinking about being team yellow has come around and decided he will find out. we still haven't decided if we'll tell friends and family yet. (My bnb friends will find out for sure ;) )

Kj, I'm glad you're doing well and the babies scan was all good! Pure so close to second tri now, very exciting, have you had any nausea? The extra calories must be difficult if you have! Congrats on graduating from your clinic And no more meds must be a relief, after 5 days my headache has gone so hopefully it leaves for a while!

Ko, eek pink or blue tomorrow! I'm so jealous haha, we haven't booked our gender scan privately yet as the clinic can't do the days we can so might have to wait til 20 week but will see what we can do

I found the heartbeat on Doppler this morning! I was looking way to high, don't know what I was thinking haha so thank you for the tips as wouldn't have done it otherwise
I'm feeling better now and the midwife said the pink was fine after intercourse so not worrying about hat either now, phew!

Scooby- Yep I am the 3rd. So its Dancingnurse, KJW and I who are pregnant with twins right? Cuz there are only 2 on the first page.

KJW- Yeah I never imagined I would be pregnant with twins. But I think its Gods way of making up for lost time LOL! I have our first OB appt next friday and he doesn't know I am pregnant with twins yet, so I am wondering if I will get a scan that first appt. Hopefully I can because I got my hubby to take off of work for that. I came up with a list of questions to ask the dr about how he treats twin pregnancies different from singletons.

Koj- Can't wait for the update tomorrow!!!!! :hugs:

Star- what doppler do you have? I was wondering if I should get one!

AFM- Well we are telling my husbands parents this friday. Then my birthday is next friday (which is also my first ob appt) and we are having a party saturday. We have a small group of close friends and we are gonna announce to them then. Bet it will be tons of waterworks as they all know how long this has taken and that we had to go through IVF.

My boobs have been incredibly sore and I am wondering how they will look when they are even bigger! I have breast implants, which are size 32DDD (which sounds giant but trust me they are normal sized big boobs LOL) I am having a hard time figuring out what size is the next bra size up since I am a unique size. Is it 32E?

I homeschool my sons and have been having anxiety about when the twins come how I will still homeschool them without giving them too much of a break (because it will only be march) or if I will have to put them back in school for the rest of the school year :(

Ko-can't wait to hear your results tomorrow!! Will you do a gende reveal for friends and family?

Star-ugh yes I have been having nausea. I know it could be much worse because I'm not puking or anything but it just kind of lingers on and off all day. I had a really good weekend where it wasn't too bad so I was hoping it was almost over but all day today I've had it pretty strong. How has your nausea been?

Ashley-that would be an awesome birthday present if you got to have a scan that day! I would think they probably would because its your first one with your ob. The homeschooling sounds like it would be hard with the twins but maybe if you have family or someone that could help you out you could make it work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chocolate 4
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->