Assisted conception success - due 2018 xx

Juliet- Wow 33 weeks tomorrow! I know the last couple of months seem to drag and the discomfort is such a bummer (I was in pretty constant pain by the end too) but he really will be here before you know it. Good luck!

wish- You're doing such an awesome job with the boys! I can't believe Timothy is over 11lbs. We're doing the same thing with expressed breast milk during the day and formula at night about every 3 hours (I just posted a whole thing on my journal about it lol) and it seems to be working out great so far. I've also lost my preggo weight but the pooch is here to stay for a bit I'm afraid! :haha: Going to try and walk in the park after work to help that situation out.

dogmommy- Congratulations on baby Quinn! That's one of my favorite names and a solid frontrunner for a middle name if Finn had been a girl lol. How is she doing? How are you? It sounds like we had similar birth stories. I was at the hospital about 27 hours, on Pitocin for about 12 hours and pushed for 2.5 hours. It's exhausting, isn't it?

dancing- I hope you're feeling much better after the flu! :hugs: Awesome weight gain for the twins, good job mama! Wow, I hope that 7 hour sleep wasn't just a one off and they keep that up. That's amazing!

3chords- I agree, CIO is insane when you're talking about a newborn! I'm so glad we didn't listen to that. It sounds like Tessa and Finn are on similar weight growths. He was 6lbs, 13oz when he was born and at his one month checkup he was 9lbs, 5oz.

star- How are you and little Caleb doing? When will they check his weight next? It sounds like it won't be a problem with all of that feeding! Finn had a clogged tear duct in one eye that got all crusted over for a day or two, but with warm compresses it went away quickly.

AFM, we're dealing with a pretty bad case of colic here. :nope: Finn cries and fusses most of the day and it gets worse from about 3-11pm. For now, I'm glad we're all still getting sleep at night at least. Still, it's heartbreaking seeing him in pain. When we get good moments with him in the morning, he's so smiley and calm and I think he's going to have a really sweet little personality once he's feeling better! He's still a ravenous eater and weighed 9lbs, 5oz at his one month checkup. :thumbup: The doctor didn't give us a hard time about it this time because Finn had spent the entire hour screaming and crying so he was more worried about the colic. We switched formulas and started using Dr. Brown's bottles, and we're also giving him gripe water. May be helping a bit, only time will tell!

hi all! finally at a laptop so can type more. GREAT job on all the newborn weight gaining going on! We are doing well here too - Timothy is a chunker at about 12lbs and Malcolm is a little over 9 now. This is just with me weighing myself and then holding them, so not very scientific probably but good enough until their next checkup on 3/15. Additional benefit - strong arms!! I'm gonna be jacked in a month! :haha:

juliet - not long now and I'm glad you have so many appts to look forward to between now and then. That definitely makes the time go quicker. Are you able to get any sleep at night or is that a challenge now too?

3c - how's it going with a baby and a toddler? my DH has mostly gone back to the office now - been there all of this week and YES it's so hard with 2 by myself!! it's ok when they are on slightly different sleep and eating schedules so I can give my full attention to just one while the other sleeps. But yesterday they were both wanting food/burping/to be held/to be changed from poopy diapers at the same time. And when I would leave the room with one to change him, the other would absolutely explode screaming.

We ended up buying another Rock 'n' Play because neither likes the swing or bouncy seat right now but they both like that. So got one on sale at Target. They are both in them right now. I should be napping!!

scooby - I'm in the middle of your birth story now, I need to finish it. I love it so far, so detailed! I need to write mine down somewhere so I don't forget all of those details. I'm so sorry that little Finn has colic!! We thought Timothy might have it b/c he started having a witching hour this past week and was an absolute BEAR from about 7-10. Turns out we think it was the switch from Similac to Enfamil - DH had purchased Enfamil by mistake online so we just went with it (if we ran out of breast milk during the day), but had what was left of the Similac at night. I think this completely screwed with his system. He was down to one poop a day and then Mr Hyde would come out in the evening and nothing would calm him down. I exchanged it yesterday and we had nothing but Similac yesterday and he was completely calm last night. Might have been a fluke b/c he didn't have much of a nap all day yesterday so we'll see tonight but I could not believe the immediate difference. Did your doc talk to you about any lactose intolerance or you removing dairy from your diet or anything?

Hi all!

Scooby, were good thank you, Caleb is now 9lb 2oz so above his birth weight, this was weds at 20 days old, he feeds a lot, pretty much permanently on my boobs unless we’re out and he’s in the pram haha
I’m glad you seem to have found a solution to help finn, Madeleine had reflux and it’s only recently at 2 years old it seems to have resolved, she would be sick after every damn feed so I would always be starting all over again, she went on gaviscon but it made her constipated so in the end I combi fed with an anti reflux milk as it was thicker and stayed down slightly better
Calebs left eye is still a bit sticky, a swab nicu took showed there was a bacteria there that needed eye drops but luckily we had already started these before getting the results, hopefully we can finish them in the next day or 2

Juliet, how are you?

Wish, sounds like you’re doing great and the boys are too! It’s so hard to nap when babies do as there’s always something else to be doing!

3c, how is tessa and Henry getting on together?
I have to watch Madeleine all the time as she’s all over Caleb, especially when he’s in his bouncy chair as she like to try and cuddle him and almost lay on him in there and isn’t there ok careful!

We’ve been getting as much as we can, this week we made it to 2 playgroups and took Madeleine to nursery another day, all on time! Yesterday she took her to her music and dancing session as it was way too cold to take Caleb out and with snow forecast I didn’t want to get stuck in snow with the pram!
It was snowing yesterday And although it did lay it isn’t too bad, today though there’s just ice everywhere, it’s so dangerous, my sister fell over yesterday and my stepdad today and somehow landed on his head and shoulders! There’s a lot of people in a and e with broken bones, apparently 23 out of 30 people there today! Safe to say we haven’t left the house which is a pain as Madeleine gets bored easily

I’ve attached a few pics, the first one is Madeleine on the left at 17 days old and Caleb on the right at 19 days old

Attachments

• CCC0AA5F-794D-4336-918C-1B5FFFA977E0.jpg
    CCC0AA5F-794D-4336-918C-1B5FFFA977E0.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 6
  • 59872EBA-AE19-4A1C-8373-608F109CBC51.jpg
    59872EBA-AE19-4A1C-8373-608F109CBC51.jpg
    30.9 KB · Views: 5
  • 7E5053A9-24B9-4C5E-BEEF-01A66F52E6EF.jpg
    7E5053A9-24B9-4C5E-BEEF-01A66F52E6EF.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 5
  • 4E91BA69-9330-468E-96DB-1BBADF5DA54F.jpg
    4E91BA69-9330-468E-96DB-1BBADF5DA54F.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 3
3chords, yes the other kids are getting excited for litlte brother! my older daughter says she wants to help with diaper changes, hehe!!!

scooby, thanks! the end is tough, that is for sure!
how is the colic going? so sweet he is smiley in the morning! hang in there!

wish, sleep is the worse!! i have to flip sides every like hour or so... and i have had a bit of a head cold so that hasn't helped.
we have 2 rock n plays from my twins.... i would use them a ton!! and now i have one at my moms and one at my house for my baby after the twins and this baby too. they sure come in handy.

star, what great pictures!!!!! love that you posted them! how sweet!

so i wrote on here earlier in the week, but my page reloaded or something and deleted everything, super annoying! and then my laptop dies so i dont get on as much. but now back to normal!

how is everyone doing?

i am so tired and big over here. will be 34 weeks this weekend! tuesday i will have a growth scan to see how big they think he is. but not sure what that will really mean... like i am leaning towards a c-sec at 39 weeks if he doesn't come before. just excited to be getting to the end! i hope by mid-month i will actually get things setup, crib, bassinet, changing table area, his clothes washed, car seat cleaned and ready, etc! i like making lists and getting things done, but don't want to rush it either and have all the stuff hanging around too early.
oh but i am started to make a list and gather stuff for a hospital bag cause that i should get ready soon.
what week do you guys get your hospital bags ready by?

Yay, Juliet, you're a month or so away! Remember when you were just hoping to make it to March and now we are here. :)

I got my bags ready at 36w with DS and had him at 39w. With DD I got her bag ready around 35w as I had a c-section scheduled at 37w but I didn't have my bag done until the night before - my c-section was pushed up for a week and I was running around like a crazy person the day before organizing my life, packing my bag, going to buy slippers as I realized I didn't have any, etc. I really don't recommend this approach haha, but I survived nonetheless.

The final hurdle Juliet! I can’t remember when my bag was packed, I think I started quite early and kept adding to it as I remembered things!
Let’s hope time goes a bit quick now so you’re not so uncomfortable anymore

Star, yes i need to time to go by a bit quickly cause this is getting uncomfortable!! I’m surprised at myself for having done this twice before! Although my twins came at 35w5d so I’m not too far from that. But DD came 41 weeks and that was awfully long.

3chords, yeah i want to avoid running around like crazy last minute! And i keep hoping he comes a tad earlier then my planned csec (39wks) so i better be ready. But there’s no reason why he would come early at this point. But best to be prepared!

Hope everyone’s having a nice weekend! We are having head colds so staying in except a few quick errands.

I started my bag early b/c I didn't know if they'd come early, I didn't want to freak out if they did and I was just excited. I barely used anything in it! I wore the johnny and the mesh undies the whole time, used my own socks with sticky things on the bottom. Then I had my go home outfit. I didn't use my Kindle or anything like that (so focused on the new babies in my arms or sleeping!)
I'm so happy you made it to 34 weeks!! things were so scary for you to start off! SO happy for you - not long now!

I went back to work today, which is really just logging in from home. Blah. I couldn't be less interested. I think I need to find a new job. I wasn't keen on this job beforehand anyway but now my interest in the content is even less. If I have to have a job, I at least want it to be interesting!
My folks are up here until next week to watch the boys. They are a challenge! I have to figure out my breastfeeding schedule since I can't just whip it out during the day now if I have a mtg or something. Or maybe I can, but a potentially screaming baby being handed to me to feed while I'm on the phone will not go over well...
May have to start weaning soon. How long does it take to wean?

wish, thanks! today they didn't even see the hematoma, so all that worry for nothing it would seem!
yeah i am worried that i will pack too much and items i won't use... like i do for trips. but i guess it is better to think of everything and not have to ask DH to go home to fetch stuff.
it sounds like you may be happier with a new, more interesting job!
that would be hard to balance feedings and work, I am not sure how working mommas do it! but i bet someone here has some advice. i know when my twins were sleeping longer at night, i dropped a night feed to give myself a bit more sleep and my milk supply adjusted after awhile.

had a growth scan today. their measurements put baby at 7lbs, 98th percentile! i dont know what to think about that???
but fluids were looking good, heart rate good, no sign of hematoma, etc.
eager to hear from my doctor now. but i am pretty sure they won't let me go before 39 weeks unless medically necessary, and i don't think a a big baby qualifies as that... although i personally would be okay with 38 weeks.

WOW, big baby!! I'd almost want to ask for 38 weeks instead of 39, but that is ONLY b/c I just delivered 2 healthy babies at 38 weeks so I know there's a great chance for little to no NICU time. And with yours already being so big, why not?
How far away is your house from the hospital? We thought we'd have DH run home for stuff too but he didn't end up having to. They really had everything - a pantry with food, room service (for me only), Dunkins right in the hospital, my clothing, etc. They even had a water bottle for me! I needed that so badly b/c the air in the hospital did a number on me - I had clots in my nose and everything. I had had to have oxygen after my c-section and blood transfusion and that killed the uvula (whatever the punching bag thingie is at the back of your throat) - it swelled it and I had a hard time talking or swallowing! ah memories...I need to write these down somewhere!

wish you definitely need to write it down!! wow how scary post c-sec for you!!! brave momma!

and your comments reminded me that hospital air i think makes me extra dry, like dry lips, throat, skin etc.
i wish she would let me take him out at 38!! but last few times it came up, there would have to a medically necessary reason and i guess there isn't (since the hemotoma is basically non-existing)... wahhhhh!!! but i did email today to see if we could get the csec at 39 on the books! make it official! haven't heard back yet.
my twins were healthy, no nicu at 35.5, so i do feel confident that this little guy would also thrive outside earlier than the "normal"... but alas, i will try and be patient. hospital is only 15 minutes when it isn't like traffic hour.

hope everyone is off to a good start this week!

Star i feel you! My boobs are ALWAYS out. We just keep the shades closed day and night bc Quinn just wants to feed or comfort nurse all day. Im trying to enjoy it bc i know this time with her wont last but i am sore! Your pics are adorable. They look so much alike!

Scooby labor is no joke! Sorry to hear Finn is having some problems. I live for those baby smiles. Ive heard good things about those bottles hopefully does the trick.

Wish boo you are back to work! I hope you found a schedule thats working. Arent rock and plays amazing inventions?! Quinn would only sleep 20 mins in a bassinet up to 4 hours in her rock and play. I love it. I had such a hard time picking middle name bc of that problem! Everything sounded like queen lol

Juliet its going by so fast! I had a couple outfits but the hospital really supplied everything i needed. Don't overpack i asked for extra supplies and they were more than helpful. It was so nice bc when i came home i didnt have to unpack my life once i got home. Dont take too much stock in the ultrasound sizes. Quinn always measured big but came out average.

3c sounds like great weight gain! Hows her sleeping?

Does anyone elses baby love to pee and poop once you start changing the diaper? Ive been peed and pooped on soooooo many times. I swear shes a little jokster already! Her hair is coming in strawberry blonde so glad we gave her an Irish name.

Hi dogmommy, glad you’re well!
Caleb is a little red head at the moment, not sure if it will stay, Madeleine is totally blonde so we’ll see if he goes the same or stays auburny like me

Had him weighed today and he’s 9lb 10oz and on the 25th percentileput on 8oz in 2 weeks, he has a slight tongue tie but nothing gat should affect feeding and doesn’t seem to the way he goes!

He normally sleeps about 8-8:30 then wakes up between 12-2am for an hr or so hen does about another 3hrs so not so bad as he’s only 5 weeks today

Madeleine has just fallen asleep at 5:15 though so not looking forward to tomorrow’s wake up time!

omg my boobs are always out too! and way too many people in my life have seen them! HA!
And YES - I've been peed on a thousand times already! DH has been pooped on and we had an active sewage looking poop happen yesterday! :rofl: These boys are fountains as soon as the diaper comes off, I have to make sure I cover with a paper towel or something else that's close.

The RnP is amazing!!

we have our 2 month appt tomorrow, I can't wait to see how much they weigh. They are getting their first shots, though! :cry:

Typing on phone so will read and write more later...
But having so many discomforts today! Like my Braxton Hicks which shouldn’t like hurt are being super uncomfortable.... i think I’m also having some other issue going on but i feel like full and bloated all day today. I have eaten less than normal. And laid down a ton and sipping water. I have bad gas, so maybe that’s not helping. But why would the Braxton Hicks hurt ??? I mean like not painful painful but hurts for a few seconds. Anyway just needed to vent about the discomforts a bit.
Hope everyone is having a good weekend. I’ll write more later when on laptop!

how are you feeling now, juliet? all well? not long now!!!

wish, how was the appt? what were their stats? can't believe it has been 2 months!

star how is your cute guy?

how is everyone else doing??

i was so sick friday and satruday. my BH were out of control with a stomachache and constipated... it was so uncomfortable and i was in bed as much as possible. thankfully DH was home on weekend. Sunday I improved, had 2 BMs, so back to normal on THAT haha.
And good news! C-sec officially scheduled for april 16! i feel less anxiety now that it is at least in the books. If he tries to come early I would be okay with that and possibly try another VBAC, but we will see! 27 days!

27 days!!! AHHHH!! or 26 now since you posted that yesterday!

Our appt went great, given there were shots involved. Timothy is weighing in at 12.07lbs and Malcolm is just under 10. T has some torticollis that we have to go to PT for now, he's getting a flat spot on his right side :( Other than that - Timothy took his shots like a champ, only cried a little. He has more chunk on his thighs, though. But Malcolm broke both of our hearts when he got his shots - it was awful and he was hard to console. But he was sleeping in his car seat by the time we left.

This week has been challenging - both boys aren't sleeping well during the day and sometimes also the night. They cat nap all day and then are SO overtired at night, it's hard to keep them down. And M is screaming bloody murder anytime his diaper is changed, I have no idea why. He's completely fine once the last button is done up, though - he just must be uber-sensitive to being cold. He might be getting a witching hour now, though. I think T's witching hour stage is pretty much done. He still fusses a bit before bedtime but I'm assuming that's normal for most babies?
Anyway, so even though my folks have been here taking care of daycare, when the boys get too wound up, we have to jump in and soothe them.

I'm also thinking of stopping breastfeeding soon, at the 3 month mark. I figure that's a lot longer than I thought I would make it, first of all. And I have to come back into the office fulltime until approved for a new WFH schedule my boss offered to me. But even then, I feel like keeping up with pumping doesn't work for both kids and I can't breastfeed all day/every day. T's appetite is growing and I can't support both. As it is, if he eats longer on me throughout the day, that's less I'm storing up to pump for M for the next day. I could do the mother's tea and all that but I'm really not looking to complicate my life even more. I think it's time. Makes me a little sad, though, when I look down at my sleeping cherub suckling away. :(

wish, Glad the appts went well !!! sorry things have been challenging... have they improved?
nice you have had your folks around to help. have things gotten better?
have you figured out your plan with pumping/feeding? wind it down? definitely hard on the emotions but got to do what makes sense for you! working momma and everything!

how is everyone else doing? all you busy mommas!!!!
we are expecting 70s here this week so finally some lovely days to play in the backyard... last couple weeks was off and on rain. so all their toys are wet i didn't get to putting away, but at least it won't be rainy and cold.

tomorrow i go in for 36 week appt. not sure what they do other then pee test for protein, check my BP/weight, measure bump, baby heartbeat with doppler. nothing too exciting :/ but 3 weeks till c-sec so that is good!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->