At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories.

my story is already in here but i want to wish you ladies luck. And hopefully you get your :bfp: soon.

Good luck everyone! I am almost postive I had ib today 12 dpo. In addition, slight back ache and some bloating. My donor's sperm count was 300 million and I had 16 folicles. Very fertile! Fingers crossed!!

aww good luck ladies, my donor sperm story is on here page 4-5 i thinkbut wishing u's all the best xxx

My story is on here as well, I think between pages 3-5.
PIGLETS, GL FXD!! I should have just tested on 9DPO, we waited and still got the bfn. I will say, it wasn't as saddening.... I think we will be on to next cycle as well as soon as AF shows...

FROLICKY, believe? Is it presenting as IB or AF? GL! FXD!

I am 15DPO (13DPO by FF) Well, it looks confusing… I mean, on Sunday (DPO14), after inputting my temp, FF changed my OV date. Does this happen often? I mean I am on CD34! Longest cycle ever! I know now, that this is a result of the M/C in July. :sad1: I am feeling like I am totally out of it this month after seeing that. Current SSing: very tired, BLOATED, bbs tingling every now and then, not hungry often, I have felt sick the last few days when I first wake, but it leaves. I guess I am just waiting now to see if AF ever shows…. Other than that, the weekend was lovely. I hope everyone else is doing better!!!

GL MrsMM24 & thanks for your support. I got early AF. I am moving on to IUI now. I am too impatient for home now. :) Good luck everyone! We are on such a crazy ride. So many women take their children for granted. One thing for sure, we will not. Lots of Love & Baby Dust!!

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor
Donor is my boyfriend, he has various issues with 'the usual' method and having tired counseling of various kinds with no success we've decided this is the way we need to go to.

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation
OPK (cheap ones of the internet. As I'm not that regular it would be expensive from a shop) / observing CM

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use
Mr PC and I get cosy and I 'help him on his way' to collect the swimmers. I then prop hips on a pillow and slowly inject using a syringe. Through this forum I've gathered lots of tips on things that may help (thank you!) so this month I'm trying 'Sasmar Conceive Plus' (also looked at preseed but preferred the reviews on this one) before injecting, then inserting Instead softcup right after. Stay horizontal for at least 30 mins after and keep hips raised at an angle for as long as possible. Also try to 'O' as have heard this helps. Can I do anything more?!!

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
Ovulation has been a little unpredictable, however clearer now I have the OPKs. Generally, the day before I THINK I'm about to, then as soon after I get +'ve OPK as we can. Ideally I'd like to the next day too if I can persuade Mr PC!

5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
He's my longterm partner and we live together!

6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
I desperately hope it will work.
We've been trying this now for 3-4 months, though the first couple of months I wasn't so 'clinical' with my timings so not surprised that it didn't work (but still bitterly disappointed). Was beginning to panic this month as OPKs have been all negative, I'm 40 and worried I've left it too late. However had a feeling last night that this was time so had a go at AI last night, got a postive OPK today, unfortunately he's away tonight but will try again tomorrow morning. Really hope this is our month...

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
He's my partner and will make the best father a child could want.

8. Anything else you think people should know?
I am 40 (but very healthy and fit) and feeling pretty desperate as time is not on my side but all the success on here are boosting me. This is all I've wanted for as long as I can remember, I love my other half dearly and we've tried to resolve our issues, this hurts him as much as me as he feels responsible. It's hard with friends as they think we're child free through choice (it's not a subject you chat about over dinner!).
A few months ago I changed doctors and had a fertility test (which was all good) the new doctor suggested AI, which weirdly I'd never thought of before. I am slightly cross that my previous GP / counselors have never mentioned it, but now we know we're giving it our best shot!
Thank you so much for all the tips and positive encouragement and good news on here, it's really giving me hope.

Ummmmm im not 100% but i *think* i might have just got a very faint positive on a frer preg test.....im shaking!!!

Well i now have a success story!!!! Got my a faint BFP yest at 9DPO and its a bit clearer this morning at 10DPO!!!!!! So home insemination does really work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you all join me very soon. x

Well i now have a success story!!!! Got my a faint BFP yest at 9DPO and its a bit clearer this morning at 10DPO!!!!!! So home insemination does really work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope you all join me very soon. x

Big Congrats!!!!!

I saw your post yesterday too - you must be :cloud9:

It really does work!!!:flower:

CONGRATS PIGLETS! Wishing you a H&H 9 mos! :happydance:

CONGRATS piglets, this is wonderful news:happydance: Hope many more of us will be joining you in the near future!:thumbup:

:hugs:

Well ours is a funny story. My mom who is the head of a PFLAG chapter in our area knew we wanted to get pregnant and asked one gentlemen in particular if he would be interested in donating and he said sure.

I used OPK tests and a Charting App on my phone.

We used needless syringes and softcups, a big O and legs in the air.

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
We inseminated the day of our positive OPK within 4 hours and the next day around 28 hours after the positive OPK.

For the first time he came to our house, we chatted for a bit cause we know him and then he made the donation and left right after. The second time due to car troubles we drove to him and did the insemination in his spare room while he took a walk.

It did work we are super lucky and got a BFP on our first try!

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
Our donor is going to be an Uncle to our baby we want them to have a relationship just not that of a father and child which our donor is more than ok with.

I really thought this might be my month for good news, but sadly not. I'm gutted, this is our 5th month of ttc and I'm fast approaching 41... We've been using a 5ml syringe, would a 10ml be better (maybe it's longer?), any other suggestions (my story is on p9). All the positive stories on here clearly show this works so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I really thought this might be my month for good news, but sadly not. I'm gutted, this is our 5th month of ttc and I'm fast approaching 41... We've been using a 5ml syringe, would a 10ml be better (maybe it's longer?), any other suggestions (my story is on p9). All the positive stories on here clearly show this works so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

I know this feeling and I just wanted to say that I'm right there with you and that it doesn't mean you are doing anything wrong. We also just passed our 5th month of TTC inseminating at home, I'm 29 and it still hasn't worked. I know it's discouraging when you hear stories of it working right away but sometimes it just takes longer. I've been told that anything up to a year is really quite normal. This process is really teaching me patience too! Personally, I don't think you'd have much of a different result with a 10ml syringe b/c they aren't longer, they are just thicker around.

:hugs: Hugs to you, hang in there and keep doing what you're doing. Your baby will be made when the time is right and that child is meant to come into your life.

Baby dust! <3

PUSSYCAT and GEEK Girl, I am sorry that you are out this month! I think that you could benefit from some stories in the SOFTCUPS or the same-sex threads (the information in same-sex is sooo good even for straight women) Take a second to look in my siggy, I think there are some links that you can click on. GL :dust:

Better yet, here is a link https://www.babyandbump.com/two-week-...ease-read.html

Congratulations!!!! So happy for all the BFPs!! I found out I have a large polyp in my uterus which is being removed in a few weeks. After that we are going to try another round of home insemination. Baby Dust to all of us!!:baby:

Hello everyone, we are new here but first of all just wanna say good luck to everyone TTC and lots of babydust to you all.
Bit about us - we are a lesbian couple currently TTC!! This is our 5th try and have just entered the 2WW!! Heres our answers to the questions....

Questions:
Our donor is a close friend.

We have been using OPK's however have v v regular periods so pretty much know when we ovulate.

We used 5ml syringe, big o and hips on pillows for first few attempts, this time we are using syringe, softcup and preseed (fingers crossed its gonna help)

We have been inseminating twice, day before and day of ovulation.

Met through work, been friends for 7 years, we have tried few different things, donor has been to our house to do his bit lol, we have picked it up from his house (he only lives 10 mins away) n he has dropped it off lol.

4 cycles so far that did not work, just done 5th so fingers n toes crossed!!

We are fine with him seeing the child whenever he wants, up to now he says he doesnt want to but i think that might change and thats fine with us if it does.

8. Anything else you think people should know?

Im hopeful it will work eventually, whats meant to be will be!!!

So again good luck guys, ill keep you all posted on our journey. lots a love Rach and Marie xx

Welcome RazyFOxy ! So glad you joined and shared your story with us ! :) Keep us updated for sure !! :thumbup:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaiangel
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->