At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories.

was your cycle always 35 days?? because mine is normally 28-30...but this time it was 35....just with everything going on....:)

so if mine changed to 35 just for last month....should i still calculate average ovulation to be 11 days (ish) from Mar 2?

My partner and I used donor that is a long time friend.
I used the clear blue ovu tests with happy face
I have been testing ovulation for 7 months now. Very regular.
Today was our third time trying. We have tried once a month for 3 months.
The first time we went to his house and he did his deed and then we did ours with a 12 ml syringe and propped hips on pillow it was day before ovu.
2nd time done same way but it was 3 days before pos ovu test.
This time done same way but I will be ovu tommorrow or late tonight.
First time period was on time but only lasted 2 days and was different but never a pos preg test. 2nd time nothing different. And now third time- hopefully is the charm.
The donor will be known to baby and will have partial involvement but being raised by my partner and I.
Anyone have any helpful hints we are accepting any in case this 3 re time doesn't work? I know I may take very long time but trying to be as optimistic as possible, but I know we are only able to try once a month.

is it possible to insert more than once a month? that will increase your odds by a lot. i used preseed, and softcups as well.

Yeah we can only get one a month and I haven't tried the pre seed or softcups yet but I could try that next month if needed. Where did u buy yours from? Thank you for your feedback :).

got both preseed and softcups at walmart. i know softcups are in most walmarts but pressed can be hard to find, but if not its right on www.amazon.com.

Me and my partner thought we had a really good chance with the donor we originally talked with. We were inconstant communication and we all reached a mutual understanding. But today was the day he was actually show up and drop the load. We had everything planned and it was all suppose to follow as planned. But an hour before his due to come over he backed down. We are taking this pretty hard we both have a tendency to get pretty excited really fast. With that being said I'm just looking for some positive news and if any one on here has any reliable donor websites. I tried the yahoo post everyone frequently mentions but I didn't look to promising. I don't know if I did it wrong but it did look out dated and no one in based in Michigan, like ourselves. We also tried knowndonorregistry but I've tried several times and for some reason it won't let me make a log in. Hopefully someone can give me advice how to either work those sites or they know of others. Any positive news would defiantly be appreciated. We've had this date picked for a couple weeks now and reading these posted would really get us excited I'm Hopeing it can still do the same thing even tho today didn't go as planned.

I believe that this thread is for Success stories only check this other thread out
https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...onsidering-home-insemination-donor-sperm.html

I believe that this thread is for Success stories only check this other thread out
https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...onsidering-home-insemination-donor-sperm.html

I'm sorry I just thought it'd be nice to hear advice from someone that had success.

Oh I understand. That's y I shared the other link. There are more discussions there and when one gets a Bfp they come here for the details :)

I'm sorry I just thought it'd be nice to hear advice from someone that had success.

i wish i could help and give you success but my "donor" was my husband. for medical reasons we couldn't do the deed the traditional way on a regular and consistently basis so we decided to do at home insemination. i don't know much about donors.. i hope someone helped you :)

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor

We used a great friend of my partner! She grew up with him and he has a wife and child of his own. They don't want anymore but were glad to help us out.

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation

We used OPK both digi and lines. Tested every single day twice a day to lib point it exactly.

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use

Sample in a sterile cup, donor left, partner inserted pre seed, then slowling using a syringe inserted the sample. I then inserted soft cup, big O, and laid with my hips elevated for an hour. Left soft cup in overnight.

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?

This time we did two days before, day of and day after.

5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?

He came to our place, we talked and visited for about half hour then he'd go in the bathroom do his thingeave immediately following and we'd do our thing.

6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?

Yes it worked!!!! Two cycles!

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?

The donor is a close friend who has a family of his own. He will see the baby when we hang out but as of now we don't have any intentions of ever telling who dad is. Unless asked down the road. Donor is play with either way.

8. Anything else you think people should know?

Just know that this does work. With the right timing and right donor! Know your donor. Relax and try to enjoy the process. The first time I symptom spotted and worried the whole time. The second time I let it all just happen. i didn't symptom spot at all. I tested a lot to keep things at bay but that was it. I found things to distract me so it didn't take up all my thoughts. Most importantly I kept telling myself eventually it'll work.

Questions:
1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor
We found our donor on the known donor registry. We were going to use a sperm bank, but I had found this site and made a profile. I didn't find it very user friendly. so I kinda gave up on it. Then I got a msg from a donor in our area willing to help us out. It was perfect. He comes to the house and leaves us the goods. We have had dinner with him and his wife, and we are meeting the two other ladies that he is donating too.
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation
I've been using the ovulation sticks. My basal temp is all over the place.
3. What method(s) of insemination did you use
He comes to the house, and we use a sterile cup and a 10cc syringe. My wife gets a little freaked out putting someone elses goods in me, so she likes to use a speculum. Makes it more scientific, easier to visualize my cervix, and she likes to see things happening. If she feels better about the process, than I can relax that much more. We are going to try instead cups this cycle alos because my cervix sits right up front and it seems to cause extra leakage because we cant' put the semen in further back.
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
My ovulation sticks weren't giving me a good read last cycle, so we did three spaced 1.5-2 days apart. This times we are getting new sticks and are going to do it the first day of LH surge and the day after.
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?
We met at a restaurant and then he came to the house everytime to leave the goods!
6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?
Didn't work the first time, but we learned from that and are going to try again this cycle.
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
He is going to have an uncle/friend role. He is planning on coparenting with the two other ladies he is donating too(they are single), but our baby already has two mommies!!!
8. Anything else you think people should know?
Take a deep breath. Allow your partner to feel what he/she is going to feel. Their feelings might surprise you. My wife literally felt hatred towards our donor because she felt that she was sharing me with him. It brought up feelings that needed to be talked through.

Me and my partner thought we had a really good chance with the donor we originally talked with. We were inconstant communication and we all reached a mutual understanding. But today was the day he was actually show up and drop the load. We had everything planned and it was all suppose to follow as planned. But an hour before his due to come over he backed down. We are taking this pretty hard we both have a tendency to get pretty excited really fast. With that being said I'm just looking for some positive news and if any one on here has any reliable donor websites. I tried the yahoo post everyone frequently mentions but I didn't look to promising. I don't know if I did it wrong but it did look out dated and no one in based in Michigan, like ourselves. We also tried knowndonorregistry but I've tried several times and for some reason it won't let me make a log in. Hopefully someone can give me advice how to either work those sites or they know of others. Any positive news would defiantly be appreciated. We've had this date picked for a couple weeks now and reading these posted would really get us excited I'm Hopeing it can still do the same thing even tho today didn't go as planned.
Nyallen,
We found our donor through knowndonorregistry. He is donating to two other ladies in addition to me and my wife. You might find someone closer to you, and these are people willing to donate for free. Our donor has agreed to donate to us for all the children we want, and he is going to provide semen for both me and my wife. He has been pretty awesome so far. Good luck to you. We are trying to our second round at the end of this month.

my cycle was 35 days, i ovulated on CD20 got surge on CD19.. but we are all different... you will have to keep using the OPKs!
How many times did you inseminate during your cycle and which days? I'm d18 and surge was d16 PM but we inseminated d16 before surge, d17 and today.

i did 2 days before surge, day before, day of, and day after for good measure.. will never know which day did it! lol i think you did it perfect... good luck!

Just wanted to give everyone an update and a lil bit of hope :) finished the 2nd round of inseminations on the 17th of march and am now a big fat POSITIVE!!! having a baby :) no syringe used at all...JUST instead soft cups and preseed. xoxoxoxoxox

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor I searched high and low for my donor but eventually found him on the Tadpoletown forum.
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation OPKs... I didn't get on very well with the clearblue ones. First Response are the ones for me!
3. What method(s) of insemination did you use 10ml syringe. Donor inserted sample little further into my cervix using a speculum.
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)? Just once on first day of +opk
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur? We met at his place as it's close to my work. Donation occured there. First time we met, we met at a coffee shop.
6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take? Not yet. We're going on to cycle number three this month.
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor? No relationship. Probably photographs only/no contact but details available when baby is 18.
8. Anything else you think people should know? Be careful! Check your donor out thoroughly. ASK for STI tests.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mommyfaithh
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->