At-home Artificial Insemination - HOW TO and success stories.

I really thought this might be my month for good news, but sadly not. I'm gutted, this is our 5th month of ttc and I'm fast approaching 41... We've been using a 5ml syringe, would a 10ml be better (maybe it's longer?), any other suggestions (my story is on p9). All the positive stories on here clearly show this works so maybe I'm doing something wrong?

Keep your chin up and positive thoughts, I agree with Geekgrrl... that spermie will stick when the time is right :) I know it's tough but just keep at it !! We are all here for you ! :flower:

:wave: RAZY! GL FXD! :dust:

Hi Ladies!!! How you are all well....

AFM… 7DPO, Temps staying high I am staying optimistic. FXD! I had a little headache this morning, it has subsided, and I have been getting weird feelings. I even had a dream (reading my journal you will see I don't really dream or I don't remember that I did when I wake) I recalled the whole thing to the wife who died laughing. I am still super tired. Still SS and Fatigue, headaches, and dreams are listed today... DW wanted me to test, but I laughed it off, not going for the early disappointment, she has little patience so I expected her to say that already... :haha: Come on high temps next few days!!!FXD! :dust: :dust:

Thank you so much guys ill defo keep yas posted!! Sending lots n lots a luck n bubydust to you all!! Xxx

Thanks for the support and encouraging words. Not sure what's going on this month and currently in horrible limbo. Got pos OP test days 18 & 19 but for lots of annoying practical reasons we weren't able to 'have a go' till day 21. Now on day 31, been feeling crampy tired and tender boobs for 3 days now like AF is about to show up, but she's not here. I'm not regular and usually anywhere between 28 and 34 days so not unusual to reach day 31 with no AF. REALLY trying not to get hopes up as I'm sure we missed the window of opportunity at day 21, but each day that goes by I hope a little more. I have been here before but really hope it's not another false hope. Guess we'll know in a couple of days, as will test if still no show.

Hi All..

Here I am with some good news.. Home insemination works.. Really it works !! Do it with confidence and most importantly keep faith in GOD.. You will be successful.. And a big thanks to : Nimyra , who started this thread and many others like ellie27 , IGL , wishingfor3rd , LunaBean , topazicatzbet , piglets , Wantingbbbump , Wantingbbbump who has answered my questions and increased my awareness on HI. I really got big hope seeing so many people were successful in this thread and tried mine. Today I am 7 weeks pregnant.

Questions:
1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor.

Its my spouse.

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation.

CM , ClearBlue OPK.

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use

I used only syringe. Inseminated with in 5-10 mins after ejaculation. Insert the syringe as far as it goes. I could insert only about 2 inches after that it was hurting me. Kept the bums up with 2/3 pillows for about an hour while watching some movie. Then went to sleep as I was doing it at night. Tried to get an orgasm after taking out the syringe. But I was not really aroused as I was quite nervous. Got lil bit of leaking later at night . Used Preseed as well .

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?

Sunday I started getting EWCM . Did insem on that Sunday then on Tuesday till Saturday . Got +ve OPK on Wednesday morning. Stopped getting EWCM from Friday. I am sure it worked on or before Thursday. To be safe I did extra 2 days. Only on Sunday and Tuesday I got much volume. Approx 3 - 3.5 ml. Other days I got only 1 ml. My man did ejaculation directly into the syringe instead of using any container to avoid wastage

5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur?

6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take?

Yes it worked on our 1st try!!! Thanks GOD.

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?

8. Anything else you think people should know?

There are enough tips in this whole thread. I don't find any extra tips. Only thing I will say is : Try to use the sample as fresh as possible and ask your man to refrain from ejaculation for atleast 5-7 days before insemination . Also let the man have a long Orgasm before he ejaculates which will produce more volume. Wash your hands thoroughly before doing anything and use the syringe only once to avoid any infection. If both of you don't have any fertility issue it is bound to work and has same chance as NI. If it doesn't work for couple of cycles get your hormone level tested and sprm count tested.

Go to the site www.inseminationathome.com . They are in the process of manufacturing some new type of syringes which looks very convenient. The product is currently out of stock but they are going to market it soon. Call them up and get the status.

:happydance: CONGRATS HANUMAN!!! Wishing you a H&H 9 mos!!

1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation
I used OPK tests and a Charting App on my phone and FF

well i will be the first to admit i'm doing NI! i feel totally 100% comfortable with my donor.

4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)?
2 days before and again day of

we spoke online for 5 months before doing first dontation, he comes to my house.

this is second cycle, in TWW

7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor?
no direct contact but will keep in touch as we get along so well, will provide photos yearly

My donor is my step dad. It was my OH's idea because my step dad didn't have any kids of his own. My step is 58 and had a double bypass on his heart so this was his only chance to ever have a child.

I checked my CP & CM. I also used double line opk's and the clear blue easy smile face to confirm I was ovulating.

I bought a kit online for $20 that came with 6 try's that included soft cups, collection cups & syringes. I also brought myself to "O" after the insem so my cervix picked up the sperm.

I did my insem 1 time on the day of my +opk's. I got the + at like 10 or 11am and the insem was done at 5pm.

Well my donor is my step dad so i have known him for a very long time. I went to my parents house (because my kids were home) and hung out with my mom outside while he made his sample, he brought it out to me and then I went into their room and did the insem on their bed:haha::blush:

YES to my surprise it did!! It worked the very first time and with only 1 insem!!

Well he will forever be in my life. As of now he will be the baby's papa but the child will know that he is his/her bio dad. I am going to let them have whatever kind of relationship they want. I can't wait to see my dad hold his only bio child for the first time. I have told him that the baby will have his last name and if he wants to be listed as the dad then he can. (OH's idea for this)

This can and will work!! I have helped so many women get pregnant that I cry every time I get a message saying that it's worked and I helped them! Never be afraid to ask questions even if you think it's TMI because really everything about getting pregnant is tmi..lol Make sure you are timing it right. Use both double line opk's and pick up the clear blue easy digital smile face tests to confirm O and do the insem that same day!! You want the sperm to be waiting in the right spot when the egg drops. Just because you don't have tons on ewcm doesn't mean that the cycle is going to be a bust because with this baby I hardly had any that I noticed. But it still worked. Relax and pray a ton. I prayed the whole 30 mins after the insem while I was laying with my bum propped up and then every night for 30~45 mins while I tried to fall asleep during my 2ww. Remember after the insem you ARE PUPO (Pregnant until proven otherwise) yes I started that in the 2ww thread but there is power in positive thought!!!

Questions:
1. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor?
My donor is a very close friend of mine. We met at work as coworkers. I had talked to him about my want to be a mom, and my fear I never will get to be, and how I planned to save up money and buy donor sperm, and he said he would do it.
2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation? Right now I am using OPK's (not working so well though) and monitoring CM, and just generally knowing my cycle.
3. What method(s) of insemination did you use? This is my 1st time, I did home insem Tuesday 10/25/11. Used 10 ml needeless syringe.
4. How many times per cycle did you inseminate and what was the timing relative to ovulation (e.g. 2 days before and day of)? As I said, this is my first time, and I only did 1 insem this cycle. I did it on day 11. My OPK wasn't working, not even a control line. I had Egg white CM so I thought I was ovulating, however, today is day 15 and I think I was wrong- I think I am ovulating now. :cry:, which means that I have to wait for next month to try.
5. Logistics. Where did you meet your donor and how did the donation occur? He prepared my sample while I waited in the car and I drove it home (15 minutes away), tucked inside my coat to keep warm.
6. Did it work? If so, how many cycles did it take? Not there yet, but I think my timing was wrong this time...
7. If you used a donor, what is the relationship you have (or intend to have) with your donor? The intended relationship is that he not be "dad", he will be involved "uncle" as he would as my friend if I was pregnant by anyone,
8. Anything else you think people should know? Actually- I will go opposite and say- any of you- PLEASE give me advice. I have so many questions, and am so riled up- I think about this 99.9999 percent of my time, and am literally driving myself crazy and am just on insem 1.
Cary

I approached him via the internet site Pride Angel
BBT and cheap OPKs
Preseed and softcups
Inseminated twice (sort of :-=) day before and day of ovulation
We met in a hotel. 1st donation I popped preseed in with applicator whilst he was off performing. Around 10 mins later sample arived, I poured it into softcup with a further 1ml preseed and inserted. Lay on bed and stimulated to O. Slept with softcup in and removed 7 hours later. Was expecting a 2nd donation in an hour so this time I put 2ml preseed into softup and inserted whilst I waited. Donation arrived and I followed same procedure as night before... except I forgot to remove the first softcup :dohh:. remembered 30 mins later and sorted it out but doubtful if much semen remained.
Thankfully yes. 1st cycle.
I will send annual updates, photos etc and we will meet one or twice a year. Later on the child will dictate how often these meetings happen. I retain sole parental responibility and sole financial responsibility
Prior to the event the thought of handling/inserting what is essentially a strangers bodily fluid repulsed me. In actuality there was no gross factor at all.

caryheinz:

fyi, this thread is for success stories only....
check out the "at home insem" thread instead:

https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...onsidering-home-insemination-donor-sperm.html

girls there are very helpful and will be very supportive !!! Good luck to you :):flower:

I found him on a site called Baby Donor.
OPK's and cervical mucus, I found CM the most effective though.
I have used softcups for 2 cycles but I find them very uncomfortable so won't be using again.
My donor can only give once a cycle so I insem 2 days prior to ovulation.
My donor now comes to my home which I feel comfortable with as I've gotten to know him.
No, not yet but fingers crossed.
I have said that he can see baby regularly but I'm the parent!
Go with your gut instinct, if your prospective donor doesn't feel right, don't go with him. Also the whole thing repulses me so don't worry if it does you too. Because the smell makes me heave, I wear a face mask with vicks and also latex gloves. However you inseminate it's going to be right for you, there's no right or wrong way, just try to relax. I know not many women will admit it repulses them for me it does and if there's a way to stop me retching like a good un then I'll try it. No one knows how are doing it but you (and partner if you have one) so do what's right for you :)

I found him on a site called Tadpole (UK site).

2. What method(s) did you use to track ovulation?

Digital OPK's, BBT and CM

3. What method(s) of insemination did you use?

AI - I use softcups... syringes annoyed the hell out of me!!

O-6, O-3 and O

Donor came to my house and did his bit in my bedroom, ejaculating straight into the softcup. I waited downstairs. He left straight away and I inserted the cup in the bathroom (in case I spilled anything).

Yes it worked, I got my :bfp: today! This was my 15th month of TTC, but it was my 11th cycle I think.

We're going to keep in contact via email, so I can update him regularly, but we're both open to him meeting the baby in future.

I had a lot of trouble finding the right donor. I had donations from quite a few because I was always being let down. In the end, the one who did the trick was the one who caused me the least amount of stress, I was comfortable with him from day one and conceived first cycle with him! Feeling at ease with your donor is a great sign :thumbup:

. If you used a donor (rather than your spouse), how did you find your donor?
used husbands sperm.he has developed bad psoriasis and blantitis on his man bits so it was hard to do it regularly.

cbfm....which I can't recommend enough, Opk,cm.

AI - I used a syringe and a sterile collection tub!!

every other day on my low days, then every day on high and peak until it went to low then every other day twice then stopped.

Hubby did his thing in a tub.I instantly syringed into me and stayed with legs in the air on a cushion for add long as I could manage.normally a hour.

I have very irregular cycles,.so it was only two cycles but three months in total day wise using this method. my usual cycle is 46 days and it was two cycles

is the hubby

this cycle I prayed twice a day morning and night.its a catholic thing called a novena.i did mine to Jesus, the virgin Mary, st Ann and st Gerrard.having faith kept me calm and worked. Prayer works!

I also took every morning a pre natal vitamin and at every evening meal I took a vitamin b 50 complex tablet and a fish oil.

I also wore socks every day as someone told me in Chinese medicine your feet represent your uterus and need to be warm!! Ha ha. i was willing to try anything.

i also had cut out caffeine and artificial food sweetener months ago.

Good luck every one x

Hi, I'm new to the forum. TTC of an on for about 6mo. This thread has given me a lot information. Thanks!! I have a question and wanted to know of you ladies can help. Do you know if this at home method will help of you have some infertility issues? ( either slow swimmers or PID?). My husband and I would like to try at home insemination before going back to our fertility clinic ( it's. private and pretty expensive for us. Any information you have will help.

Hi Yojay, post your question on this thread https://www.babyandbump.com/assiste...dering-home-insemination-donor-sperm-358.html as there's a lot more ladies on there who will be able to help x

donor~ really good friend of DW

cb opks and tempting/charting (FF)

used a 5ml syringe and had a O. (tmi alert) found that is you can have O and push in the sperm at the same time. you have less spillage. tried softcups but didnt work for me. laid down with pillow under hips for an hour each time.

was a little extreme. inseminated 4 days before ov, 3 days before, 2 days before, 1 days before, day of ov, 1 day after and 2 days after.

would give him cups for the week. pick up in the morning and arrange time for next day. go home and have dw insemnate. we also waited for the sperm to kinda liquify.

yes! 2 cycles.

he will not be financially or legally responsible and will not be involved in any parenting decisions. He has agreed to be available for contact and medical information. he will be known as "uncle". we will not tell our child until he/she is at least 16.

it DOES work! i have a history of mc. so i did a mayan abdomen massage 2 weeks before ov on this cycle. it helped get my back and pelvis aligned. i also tried to be as relaxed as possible and resting whenever i could. i will say this be careful of who you use as a donor. we had a donor before this and it was horrible. make sure to lay out all issues before going forward. also, i found keeping supplements low key. only prenatal, folic acid, and multivitamin.

Goodluck to you all!

Ready - I just had a Mayan abdomen massage as well. had it on Sat and then will have 2 more times. OMG, i have heard that it works miracles. How many times did you have it done?

He's my best friend and we're co-parenting.

I did check my temps but it was all over the place. I cramp when I ovulate and used an OPK to test and confirm.

I used an Instead (menstrual) cup.

I inseminated once on the day I had my positive OPK (day of ovulation), lay upside-down for 45 minutes (fell asleep) and then went to bed and left the cup in overnight.

He's my best friend and an active father to my child. We planned co-parenting for a while and moved in together a year and a half ago. He did his thing into the cup in his own space and time and I inserted the cup in my own space.

Yes, it worked on the first try. I received a BFP about 10/11 days later.

See above! He's not a donor, he's the father of my kid. We both still plan to pursue our own relationships but we have rules about proximity until there's some sort of long-term commitment.

I chose this route because I'm a gay woman who has not had any relationships lately and he is a straight man who has not had any relationships lately. We're both professionals with no motivation for drama and we loved the idea of sharing a child and giving that child the best life we could possibly give him.

He's two months old now. :)

Aww Lulu that sounds perfect - Id chatted with my best friend with a view to living together and coparenting, and he agreed. We were both super excited...then he met someone and now doesnt think it would be appropriate for me to move in anymore :(

So glad its working for you!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
An1583
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"