At what age ?

K

KiansMummy

CAn Lo have different foods, such as red meats/ fish / chicken / weetabix / cheese/ eggs/ etc???? x

Hiya! :)
I'd stay away from weetabix and dairy things like cheese till 6month+, as weetabix contains gluten. I think babies can have meat from 6 month aswell x

Clara's pediatrician said that from 6 months you can feed meat but to wait until 10 months or older for fish, and 8 months for dairy and egg yolk (wait until 1 year for egg whites). Also, I wait 3-4 days between offering a new food to check for food allergies/intolerances. Here's a great website I use for recipes as well as guidelines (they seem to be similar to what the pediatrician says). https://www.wholesomebabyfood.com/

6+ for all if you dont hvae allergies in the family. As we started weaning at 6.5 months, Omar was eating fish, eggs, dairy & different wheat cereals at 7 months & he was fine with all of them. The only food they cant have before 1 yr are honey, shellfish, nuts & cow milk as a drink (cow milk is fine in food & cereals at 6+)

I thought it was 6-7 months they can start having fish, eggs, chicken, meat e.t.c because their iron stores are running out which we provide for them for the first 6 months of their lives. They need the foods mentioned above for the protein, iron e.t.c This is the advice i have taken form the Hv and Annabel Karmel books anyway :).

In the UK they can have everything mentioned at 6 months if there are no allergies in the family. Only thing you can't give them is honey which has to wait until 1. If there are allergies you might want to delay introducing some foods until later. I'm delaying introducing nuts and eggs because of this but have given LO everything else.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelMom1012
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->