Atkins/low carb support thread.

You're only eating 700 calories and you're working out that much? Hun that doesn't seem healthy at all.

I'm on lower carb, about 100-130g per day on a 2000 calorie diet. I've lost 11lbs since I started 1 month ago. I'm now 136lbs and dropping. I've been a weightlifter for many years so I have a higher metabolism and solid muscle base so I can drop on a high amount!

700, yikes ... you mentioned bariatric doctors, did you have WLS recently? I assume you are under medical supervision.

You're only eating 700 calories and you're working out that much? Hun that doesn't seem healthy at all.

Fortunately I'm in a program with doctor supervision. The moment I don't feel good I can let my woes be known. I'm in control of my exercise and can always go easy if I'm tired or don't feel up to it. I've really felt very energetic though-it's been great. It might also be because of my diet & supplements. When I was eating carbs I would just get too crazy with hunger and blood sugar highs and lows, it was terrible. I went to a naturopath doctor to do food analysis and I have pretty bad reactions to gluten.

There are more problems for me being over weight so I have to deal with it aggressively and maybe you think 700 is too little there are others on the 500 program. I'm on par or even behind most of the others in my group and the lightest of the bunch (probably the most active). I have stage 4 (ready for knee replacements) arthritis and my hormones aren't working and I'm at my last year or two to conceive before I have no more eggs left. I have IVF in April and I won't respond to the drugs if I have too much fat so it's really crunch time.

But thanks so much for your concern :thumbup:

So far today i've only had 19 carbs, but I do have quite a headache. It's going to take my body some time to adjust to very low carbs!

So far today i've only had 19 carbs, but I do have quite a headache. It's going to take my body some time to adjust to very low carbs!

CantHrdlyWait well done, have some tea or more lean protein if you're getting headaches. You could try protein powder shakes for those hungry or one the run moments. The docs did they say it's usually about a week where you might get headaches and then it should be smooth sailing...no more carby cravings and MUCH less hunger because you won't be on a sugar/insulin roller coaster from the carbs. They did warn that if you have more than 50 carbs it can cause headaches (because of the sugar).

Welcome CantHrdlyWait.

I’m cheering you on 2have4kids. Way to go with the exercise plan. Even though you aren’t seeing the scale move much, you can be sure that you are making progress.

I have an app on my phone that I use as a food journal. It needed a calorie budget so I told it to allow me to have as much as 2000 calories a day, but really I let my hunger be the judge. If I’m hungry, I eat. I also make sure that I drink about 90 ounces of pure water a day to help my body flush out the fat and toxins. That was a New Year’s resolution of mine. I keep my Net Carb level at 15 grams or less. I have lost 11 lbs in less than a month. This coming Thursday will be one month.

As for what’s on my plate . . . I usually have eggs for breakfast such as a feta and leak omelet. Lunch was a small salad with homemade Italian dressing. Dinner is going to be a plate of spaghetti squash boiled and scraped into noodles with a butter, cream, garlic, and parmesan cheese sauce. Then I cut up some grilled chicken and stir it in. I could add a handful of frozen peas or some broccoli, maybe a few mushrooms. Omelet = 4 carbs. Salad = 2 carbs. Chicken Squash Alfredo = 7 carbs.

Sweetmel thanks so much. Way to go on your 11 lb loss, that's phenomenal! I just made mussels, scallops green onion & mushrooms over miracle noodles (0 carbs, 0 calorie noodles) in a miso/ginger/garlic sauce (soya sauce, fish sauce & vinegar. It was to die for! My tummy is happy. Blood oranges are in season & they're my fav, maybe one of those for desert.

I've lost another half a pound ladies. For breakfast this morning I tried an Atkins breakfast bar, but I wasn't too crazy about it. I would much rather have ate my own cooking. For lunch I had a spicy Italian footlong from subway. I had them load it up with veggies. I took it home, dumped it out on a plate, pick the bread off of it, and drizzled it with my homemade Italian dressing. Dinner consisted of pork chops pan seared with a ground pork rind and parmeasan cheese breading. Yum. I eat some more of my lunch as I had some left over. Then for dessert I had sugar free jello.

Nice work on the half pound. I love subway salads, I usually just put vinegar on them. I had an organic turkey sausage for breaky, chicken protein soup for lunch and seafood with veg for dinner with chocolate sugar free pudding for desert and drank lots of water & tea today. The scale seems stuck still but I did my body fat again and I'm down another 1%. A total 5% down since Christmas.

It's a long weekend over here in Canada, what are everyone's plans for Valentines?

I didn't order a Subway salad. My dh questioned me about it when I told him. He was like "why don't you just order the salad?" And I told him, they give you more meat and less lettuce when you order a sandwich. If I had ordered a salad, it would have consisted of a lot of lettuce and less meat and cheese. I purposely passed on any of their dressings because I don't trust that their dressing are the full fat version. The dressing that I made at home was made from extra vigin olive oil, red wine vinegar, water, and some spices.

btw, I don't eat sugar free pudding because it is still too high in carbs for me with all of he flours and thickeners in it. I make a chocolate mousse from heavy whipping cream, cream cheese, vanilla extra, splenda, and hershey's unsweeting cocoa.

Congratulations on the progress. :happydance:

For V-Day, we went for Japanese but brought the baby (the toddler was at preschool). I bought the toddler a pack of "crayons" that are actually chocolate sticks, he'll get those in a few hours! :)

You can sub stevia for splenda and drop the carbs down to 0 if you want too.

For V-Day, we went for Japanese but brought the baby (the toddler was at preschool). I bought the toddler a pack of "crayons" that are actually chocolate sticks, he'll get those in a few hours! :)

You can sub stevia for splenda and drop the carbs down to 0 if you want too.

MMMmmm this sounds good. We're off to a movie tonight, maybe some sashimi beforehand. That sounds great.

I lost 1.6 last week and so far 1.4 this week! I've been keeping my carbs right around 50 for the day. Today i've only had 19 carbs, because i'm also doing intermittent fasting! This is the first time my scale has moved in months. I'm loving low carb.

Can'thardlywait that's lbs right? Congratulations. I've been stuck at 191 for a week now. My scale has the bodyfat measure and each morning it's going lower and lower. My body is changing. It's odd how they don't work together (inches, bodyfat and weight). I'll take whatever happens happily.
Any plans for tonight Valentines?

Can'thardlywait that's lbs right? Congratulations. I've been stuck at 191 for a week now. My scale has the bodyfat measure and each morning it's going lower and lower. My body is changing. It's odd how they don't work together (inches, bodyfat and weight). I'll take whatever happens happily.
Any plans for tonight Valentines?

Yes! lbs! In two weeks i've lost 2.8 lbs! I'll take it. I was so proud yesterday because I only had 8 grams of sugar!! :happydance:

Sweet! lol I guess I just love that i don't crave bad stuff all the time. I feel good in my skin and the way I'm eating makes me feel satiated and full without guilt. We ended up going out for steaks after the movie skip the mashed potatoes. It was great.

Today I have a gazillion errands to do and in the middle of it all I'm hitting the gym. Tonight we're driving to the mountains and staying in a resort with 9 other people and skiing all weekend. It's going to be hard to abstain from wine but I'll try. I really want to break this stall that I'm on and I can see the scale coming down...191.8, 191., this morning 191.2, It's going to break soon! I always get stalled when AF comes and now that I'm on the other side it's time to start dropping again!

Any plans for the weekend ladies?

Can I join you guys?? :)

I had my LO in january of last year and was 224 lbs. I changed the types of carbs I eat from around august (went from pasta twice a day, potatoes, white bread, etc to multigrain), and then in november I cut out all grains altogether. Slowly trying to get used to low-carb eating but I've hit a plateau.

I'm 5 ft 8''...my goal is 140ish lbs and I'm about 163 now...reading these posts has been a lot of motivation!

Thanks for the tip about Stevia being lower in carbs. I thought they were roughly the same. I bought my first package of Stevia today. I’ve never tried it before, but I am going to try making ketchup with it. The dh has been a trooper eating low carb with me, but he’s been a little bummed that he can’t have ketchup. I found a recipe online. I’m going to make it tomorrow.

2have4kids and CantHrdlyWait, congratulations on the progress. Keep it up!

I know what you mean about a weight loss stale when AF comes. When I am not low carb I can expect to gain 5 lbs right before AF and then it comes off a few days later. This cycle I didn’t experience a gain but I have weighed the same for several days. I am cd3 and I feel a little puffy. I’m thinking the scale is going to see a drop soon. :winkwink:

My plan for the weekend is I am buying a new bed so that I can finally sleep well at night. :happydance:

Welcome AlyssaA. Of course you can join us. It sounds like you are doing great so far.

I ate a lot of leftovers today. I personally love leftovers, but my husband doesn’t. He thinks everything is suppose to be made new all the time. So I organized the refrigerator a bit. I made room for the new stuff I planned on getting tonight. Dinner was great. I made crab cakes with lump meat crab. Instead of bread crumbs, I ground up pork rinds and used them. Honestly, you can’t tell the difference. I also made a three cheese, spinach and artichoke dip. I put the recipes into my app (so awesome that I can do that) and it says that I had 16.5 net carbs today.

Just been reading your thread as trying to decide what "diet" to do, and had never heard of miracle noodles - they sound fantastic! I've emailed to see if they sell them in my country :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lynnedm78
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->