****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

hi this is my second pregnancy im 17 weeks pregnant im due 19th of august

My DH got a good feel of three or so kicks the other night, just grab your belly and shake it up and down gently that always gets my boy moving hahaha!

Hi laydee!
Can't feel any movement on the outside yet, but starting to feel a few kicks again myself after an absence of a few weeks! With DD she always stopped kicking as soon as DH put his hand on my tum!!

Just been catching up on everything, man has a lot been happening!

Won't reply to everyone but...

Eoz - Really hope things pick up for you and am very excited for you about team blue! Can't offer any advice as I have never come across your problem, but my thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and baby x

Melissa - Congrats on the kicks, it must feel fantastic!

MrsP - How are you feeling? Is the pain still just as bad? Your midwife sounds rubbish!

As for me, I've been having a lovely week off work. Weather has been great and walks in the lakes beautiful. Unfortunately my grandmother has gone into hospital after a bad fall and isn't coping well, but she made it through her surgery and at least I've been here to see her.

Taking my mum out for an early mothers day treat today so I'm off to get ready now.

Hope you all have a lovely day x

...And welcome to Pachamama and Laydee!

Holywood - let us know which quote you go for and how the work goes. We did a lot of major work to our house and I hated choosing tradesmen! I definately agree about getting references and/or going with people your friends/family can vouch for x

welcome new ladies :thumbup:

mellissa m kicks are great i'm having the same asked hubby to hold to see if he could feel it but his hands was so cold :baby: moved and then the was nothing.....:cloud9:for the kicks though

mrsp sorry hunny i've scannes through posts and totally missed that you wasn't right in your self whats been up hunny and have you heard off your crap midwife yet

eoz i watched the baby channel and the was a woman with a cyst and they popped it they made the tinest whole like a needle sized and drained all the fluid the woman was soo comfty afterwards and was in such pain before hand my prayers that in all goes well for you and your:baby::hugs:

blossomj hope your nan is ok hunny and its a lovely idea tsking your mom out it should help take her mind off your nan for and hour its sad when the older generation is ill well anyone really and all you can do is watch and pray hope today is a brighter day

i've been major tired lately i need sleep:sleep: has anyone else got heavy eyes i cant believe we're on countdowns to 20 week scans already this preg has flown by especially with all you b&b ladies :cloud9:

I am going to have to face facts!!!

I was going to have a C sect at 37/38 weeks as I had an emergency C sect with my DD, so I have the choice, but after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I have decided I am going for the VBAC (Vaginal Birth after Caesarean).
My due date is 1st Aug, so yeh, have to face facts that I am in the August 2010 Babies thread!!!

So hellooooo all you lovely ladies!!!

P.s- My DD's due date was 2nd August, and I had her on the 10th....so here is hoping for a VBAC!!!!

xxx:hugs::hugs::hugs:

Welcome new ladies you'll like it here :)

MrsP hope your holding up ok :hug:

Im off to Kent in few hours to visit the inlaws for the weekend so if Im not around this weekend thats why. Not looking forward to the 4 hr drive but at least we can stop at the services if I need a wee :haha:

Hello Catster!

Flutterbaby - Can totally relate, I am ready for a snooze now and it's only mid afternoon!

I have the choice, but after a bit of to-ing and fro-ing I have decided I am going for the VBAC (Vaginal Birth after Caesarean).

Congrats on this-that is wonderful, I pray for success for you!

welcome New Mummies!

Mrs P hope your feeling better and that crap MW has at least phoned you back! :hugs:

Hope your all doing well!:thumbup:

Not much here to report, the weather here is awful, but the sun is supposed to shine this weekend so fxd that we get some nice weather. It's done nothing but rain all week and the government is concerned about flooding here :dohh:

Hope everyone is well.

There is an annual consignment sale here today! There are over 600 sellers and I am going with my Mom this afternoon. I am so excited to look at and buy things for my little boy. We alread have purchased the crib, so I am mainly looking for some decorative items, toys, etc. We already have a stroller and 2 car seats. I am getting a ton of hand me downs from my sister who has a 3 year old boy. The cost savings is great.

I am so excited and I can't wait to share what I have purchased with you ladie!

Wow i've missed a lot!!

Welcome to the newbies, and good luck to those going for VBACs.

Eoz it's sooooo a boy cos we're the same, right?! *hi five* :hugs:

Last night FOB and I were laying in bed with his hand on my belly, you can just feel these slight movements, when suddenly BAM! A little kick RIGHT into his hand and mine (our fingers were threaded together). It was amaaaazing cos it was the first kick i'd felt on the outside, and it was with Garry. Magic moment- thanks little Bean :cloud9:

Wow i've missed a lot!!

Welcome to the newbies, and good luck to those going for VBACs.

Eoz it's sooooo a boy cos we're the same, right?! *hi five* :hugs:

Last night FOB and I were laying in bed with his hand on my belly, you can just feel these slight movements, when suddenly BAM! A little kick RIGHT into his hand and mine (our fingers were threaded together). It was amaaaazing cos it was the first kick i'd felt on the outside, and it was with Garry. Magic moment- thanks little Bean :cloud9:

thats an amazing moment hunny i've said it before :baby:will bond you and hopefully you'll end up having a great relationship with fob :cloud9:for you hunny

hi catster, I remember reading yourposts way back when, wondered where you'd gone!! yay for VBAC and 1 Aug - trht's when we;re due as well!

as for us, reckon C will have chicken pox soon, little baby we visited last week has it now, we were both cuddling him, and also other friend her age has it too...
i have had it and GPthis morning said it should be OK, but we're due to fly to portugal at the start of april, and worried if she gets it we can't go :( but up to 21 days to incubate, and a week for spots to develop and clear... 28 days from when we saw the wee man would be just before the hols, so hopefully get awywith it

We have a chicken pox vaccine out here stops you from getting them! Crazy huh? I remember when I was kid you just got it! There was no stopping it.

We have that here too. Actually i think we have most all shots here.
Somehow the DH and I both ended up NEVER having had the chicken pox! One person is crazy to never have it, but both of us! WOW! Man, if we get chicken pox both of us are screwed! :haha: but i did have blood work done to see if i am immune and i am...so i must have been exposed at one point or another but never actually had. Strange.

Anyone else going with a Delayed Vaccination Schedule or even declining it all together? The DH and i sat down and read a book about all the shots (for US residents). At first we were all for delayed, but now that we read the book...we are just declining all together. Surprised, but what i read was even more surprising!

I will be having my baby vaccinated. Haven't decided on the chickenpox one but all the ones that have been around for ages we will get done. Want to protect baby as much as possible. (Not that anyone who doesn't get it done isn't doing that!) Breast feeding will also help with that as well so hopefully I can do it for at least 3 to 6 months.

Yeah, everything i have read says that if you breastfeed (2 year is ideal, but may not be realistic for most woman) and keep your kiddo outta day cares until age 2 than you can prevent most illnesses. The one shot i would really like to get is for the Whopping Cough (think is Pc shot for short). The only problem is you can't get that unless you get it with Diptheria and Tetnus (because all three are in the same dose and they wont just do one dose for Pc here :wacko:) There are a ton of shots (in the US) that aren't needed unless you travel internationally because they are VERY rare or non exsistant here (like Polio, Diptheria, Tetnus (which if you step on a dirty nail you can get the tetnus shot right away anyways). And meningoccial, Hep B, and HPV arn't really needed until tween years (prior to sexual activity).

P.S. if you are breastfeeding be sure to do it diligently with the first milk (colostrum) because that has more antibodies and helpful things to prevent these illnesses than any of the other milk (like transitional milk and the rest of your milk supply). though still greatly helps after the colostrum leaves (for sure :thumbup:) but the colostrum is def. something to make sure baby gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->