****August 2010 Babies & Buddies**** - 108 Babies Born

never heard of delay vaccination schedule? Charlotte had all her shots as and when we were called for them, but that's my personal choice. This little one will too!
I don't mind her getting chicken pox, better to get it out of the way I think, but it will totally suck if we have to cancel our holiday as there are 7 of us going all my family :(

Hey ladies and welcome to the newbies xxx

Aww Jetters that is fab and sweet fob got to feel it to.Will he be active with the birth and baby?

I'm getting serious boots and also hiccups!

Aww that is great.Sorry to nose i just see your single and fob is about which is brill.

Flutterbaby thank you.I will see if i can find summat on youtube.

Somebody asked about names back a bit sorry forgot who lol

Eoz will they DEFINITELY be operating you then? For certain??

I don't want FOB at the birth! He will be in the hospital but I don't want him in the room... the '2 people' rule will be filled by my bessie mate, dad and stepmum taking it in turns. TBH as lovely as he is, he'd be useless! And I can't make my mind up about the doula... I'm thinking not, now! *baby brain*

I wont know till the 1st of April if i have to have op but my Dr feels i should have it : (

What is a doula again?

I am getting my baby vaccinated. Here in the state where I live you're child has to have all the shots. If not they can't start public school. My daughter had the chicken pox shot and still got the chicken pox, but a lighter dose only about 20 pox in all. If your wanting C to get the pox over with try a warm bath that might bring them out. I didn't get the chicken pox until I was 17yrs old and they were horrible!:dohh:

MrsP haven't heard from you.... you ok????

Jetters Fab news! I would still consider a doula, just my opinion not meant to push you but it's really nice when somebody is there just for you and emotions wont get in the way.

getting ready to head home here in about 1/2 hr very tired but it could be the weather :shrug: and OMG have I been getting heartburn :growlmad: ice cold milk and it goes away for a while, DD and I were talking and I said something like "I can't eat that it gives me heartburn, she laughed and said Mom everything you eat these days gives you heartburn. LOL Gotta love her innocence!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!:hugs:

Yeah, you usually have to have the shots to start public school here too (I currently live in PA) but you can have the parent write a note saying they don't want their child to have the shots. Public schools can't deny your child a right to an education and they can't force you to do it either. There just has to be documentation that you denied them at the start of school. Usually, you have to say something along the lines of "moral/religious" reasons and they can't do anything about it. At any rate. Wow! Chicken pox at 17! Thats rough! I hear they get more like shingles, is that true? I can't imagine.

I will have to try the milk next time i get heartburn, never thought of it before :dohh:
Hope you ladies are enjoying your weekend.

I'l be getting the chickenpox, tetnus, diptheria and polio shots done as well as the measles, mumps and rubella (the first two have had breakouts lately all over) as well as the meningococal one as there have been breakouts of that to, you just don't know who you or your baby will come into contact with, but I have heard about the breast feeding thing and it protecting baby while you do it I just can't do it for 2 years! I wouldn't want to I am hoping for 3 to 6 months with school. The others hep and hpv etc are for older events or travelling so won't bother with them I don't think.

morning all,
DH's turn for a lie in today, he's go a stinking cold all hot and shivery... Charlotte and I are tucked up under the spare quilt on the sofa watching Chuggington :)
We have Tumble Totsthis morning :) then may head out to a craft fair in the afternoon where my friend is selling cupcakes for charity...

Aww sounds nice morning.Uggh to manflu lol

Mrs P is ok just tired,busy running around and suffering with her spd/siatica xxxx

My DH got a good feel of three or so kicks the other night, just grab your belly and shake it up and down gently that always gets my boy moving hahaha!

Excellent! Lucky you, I barely get a move from the inside let alone the outside. Enjoy hon. Glad to see you're definately on team blu

Just been catching up on everything, man has a lot been happening!

Won't reply to everyone but...

Eoz - Really hope things pick up for you and am very excited for you about team blue! Can't offer any advice as I have never come across your problem, but my thoughts and prayers will continue to be with you and baby x

Melissa - Congrats on the kicks, it must feel fantastic!

MrsP - How are you feeling? Is the pain still just as bad? Your midwife sounds rubbish!

As for me, I've been having a lovely week off work. Weather has been great and walks in the lakes beautiful. Unfortunately my grandmother has gone into hospital after a bad fall and isn't coping well, but she made it through her surgery and at least I've been here to see her.

Taking my mum out for an early mothers day treat today so I'm off to get ready now.

Hope you all have a lovely day x

Not too bad hon, thanks. How is your grandmother is she any better?

welcome new ladies :thumbup:

mellissa m kicks are great i'm having the same asked hubby to hold to see if he could feel it but his hands was so cold :baby: moved and then the was nothing.....:cloud9:for the kicks though

mrsp sorry hunny i've scannes through posts and totally missed that you wasn't right in your self whats been up hunny and have you heard off your crap midwife yet

eoz i watched the baby channel and the was a woman with a cyst and they popped it they made the tinest whole like a needle sized and drained all the fluid the woman was soo comfty afterwards and was in such pain before hand my prayers that in all goes well for you and your:baby::hugs:

blossomj hope your nan is ok hunny and its a lovely idea tsking your mom out it should help take her mind off your nan for and hour its sad when the older generation is ill well anyone really and all you can do is watch and pray hope today is a brighter day

i've been major tired lately i need sleep:sleep: has anyone else got heavy eyes i cant believe we're on countdowns to 20 week scans already this preg has flown by especially with all you b&b ladies :cloud9:

Sounds like you have been a busy bunny, thought we hadnt seen much of you for a while, is the tiredness any better?

Hope everyone is well.

There is an annual consignment sale here today! There are over 600 sellers and I am going with my Mom this afternoon. I am so excited to look at and buy things for my little boy. We alread have purchased the crib, so I am mainly looking for some decorative items, toys, etc. We already have a stroller and 2 car seats. I am getting a ton of hand me downs from my sister who has a 3 year old boy. The cost savings is great.

I am so excited and I can't wait to share what I have purchased with you ladie!

How did the shopping go and where are the pics, we need to see? x

Wow i've missed a lot!!

Welcome to the newbies, and good luck to those going for VBACs.

Eoz it's sooooo a boy cos we're the same, right?! *hi five* :hugs:

Last night FOB and I were laying in bed with his hand on my belly, you can just feel these slight movements, when suddenly BAM! A little kick RIGHT into his hand and mine (our fingers were threaded together). It was amaaaazing cos it was the first kick i'd felt on the outside, and it was with Garry. Magic moment- thanks little Bean :cloud9:

Glad it can be like that for you both hon, I think its nice he is involved as much as you want him to be.

I am getting my baby vaccinated. Here in the state where I live you're child has to have all the shots. If not they can't start public school. My daughter had the chicken pox shot and still got the chicken pox, but a lighter dose only about 20 pox in all. If your wanting C to get the pox over with try a warm bath that might bring them out. I didn't get the chicken pox until I was 17yrs old and they were horrible!:dohh:

MrsP haven't heard from you.... you ok????

Jetters Fab news! I would still consider a doula, just my opinion not meant to push you but it's really nice when somebody is there just for you and emotions wont get in the way.

getting ready to head home here in about 1/2 hr very tired but it could be the weather :shrug: and OMG have I been getting heartburn :growlmad: ice cold milk and it goes away for a while, DD and I were talking and I said something like "I can't eat that it gives me heartburn, she laughed and said Mom everything you eat these days gives you heartburn. LOL Gotta love her innocence!

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!:hugs:

OOOO the heartburn, I had it terrible with Eleanor its horrid isnt it?!

I'm here hon, just been busy with one thing or another. Didnt stop all day Thursday and then yesterday had a friend over and then I spent the afternoon putting my car up for sale, but no phone calls as yet.

By the time the evening comes I'm shattered and fit for nothing.

Stupid mw still hasnt returned my call but I am seeing her on Wednesday anyway, but she is going to cop it, the pain in my leg and hip has been unbareable, dont know what she can do but I am going to make it her problem.

morning all,
DH's turn for a lie in today, he's go a stinking cold all hot and shivery... Charlotte and I are tucked up under the spare quilt on the sofa watching Chuggington :)
We have Tumble Totsthis morning :) then may head out to a craft fair in the afternoon where my friend is selling cupcakes for charity...

Holywood - You're always so busy doing this and that where do you find the time, more to the point the energy?Hope DH gets better soon and that you and C dont end up coming down with it, last thing you need? How is your back?

Welcome new mummies :hi: I shall add you to the front page, be sure to let me, well all of us know if you find out the sex of your LO's and I can update the front page.

I hope you have all been ok and have some nice plans for mothers day? My mum is in Goa on holiday and Si's lives in Spain so we dont have to accomodate them this weekend, so we are going to Leigh-On-Sea for a walk a cheeky drink and some shellfish and then off to Southend for a go in the archades and some fish&chips weather depending. Going with my brothers which I am really looking forward too and hopefully my dad will be able to join us too.

What do you all have planned?

OMG I have had a gutful of this sodding pregnancy :growlmad:

The hospital have rung and yet again another complication.I'm going to go insane before this baby is born :cry:

Oh meant to say, got my scan on Friday, quite nervous. Its with the consultant to check the baby's heart, but hopefully we'll get to se a healthy little bean a few pics too but our hospital only normally lets you have one picture but as many copies as you like, I might have to see if I can turn on the charm or see if Si can woo her!

I am so angry and worried now.

The last of tests have come back and I have yet another complication.Not only do I have a sodding great big Cyst and a Fibroid.I now have Group B Strep.

It's normally in most women and pregnancy does bring it out but with Antibiotics it can go.But nope not me I have to go one better.I am in a very high risk bracket and when I go in to labour I have to have IV Antibiotics and the baby will need monitoring and there is a risk of complications.Great so not only have I lost out on a natural birth and a water birth.I will now be hooked to drips and crapping myself that my baby will be ok :cry: Baby will need Antibiotics after birth to x

Hon, I know its not want you want but I have every faith that you will be ok, I know its not much help right now but you have to trust them and remember they do this all of the time. You'll be in good hands. And at least they are picking up on all of this now rathe than at the time.

And if nothing else good comes from this think of the hell you went through with Abi, least you will be getting regular checks and monitoring.

I know its hard and easy for me to say but you have to keep your chin up, other wise your stress will only add to all of this and then your BP will be up.

You have us here to hold your hand every step of the way, you are not alone babe xxxxxxx

I know babe I know and yes with Abi they didn't listen but now they know I have 3 complications so they will keep an eye on me.I'm just so upset as this is my last baby and I really wanted to enjoy it.Not being drugged up all the time and worrying.

I went to buy a babygro yesterday and i just couldn't do it.How stupid is that.

Grr slap me xxx

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coco.g
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->