~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

So when you did the scan did they check ur tubes? To make sure it wasn't ectopic?

Asibling~ Keeping you my prayers! :hugs: I hope the next few days fly by so you can get your scan.

LilDreamy~ Awww, glad you got to hear your little ones heartbeat. :D

Happily~ Ouch. :( Hope the constipation eases up for you soon.

:happydance: for those who've had their scans already! 13 days to go for mine... :coffee:

Thanks for all your good wishes ladies, its so reassuring we can be there for each other.

Well I had a wasted journey to the EPU, sat there for an hour, got seen by the Nurse, then the Doctor who told me they couldn't do anything as they didn't have any sonographers available due to the recent bank holidays. I made the mistake of telling them I had an early scan on 23.12.11 and she then said oh well at least we know its interuterine and not ectopic - wish I had kept quiet and seen whether they would have scanned me then!

Bleeding stopped as soon as it started really, I've had nothing since and am back to a creamish CM now. I still have sore boobs and feel queasy, plus they did a HPT on me earlier today and that still came back positive straight away so I am hoping it was just a little bleed and nothing more sinister.

Looking at my dates and the fact I have 26 day cycles, I noted that if I weren't PG, I would have been due on today so it may be what they call 'breakthrough bleeding' where the hormones that trigger monthly bleeding are still lurking around and have triggered a bit. My sister had that with her first child.

I am due to go back for a scan on Friday morning. So a wasted day off work, which I had to take as holiday as I won't tell them whats going on (it affects my chances for promotion, my choice I know).

Candy~ Glad the bleeding stopped! :) Good luck with your scan on Friday and with your promotion, fx you get it. :flower:

Fingers crossed asib!

if the doctors suspected an MC or an ectopic they would give you an ultrasound no questions asked. at least from my experience.
my first MC I didn't feel anything, just very bad bleeding and passed the little one.
Today I went to the ER for food poisoning and just mentioned horrible cramping and told them about my MC two months ago. So the scanned me, and I heard little ones Heart beat. :cloud9:

They said that I was just far along in the pregnancy for them to see or hear anything a day or two earlier and they wouldn't have seen anything. Zoo A day or two can make a BIG Difference.
And I'm 7 weeks 4 days.

Yay, that's great that you got an early scan and got to hear the heartbeat! :happydance::happydance:

I agree with Polaris - there's still hope asib if you ovulated late!

Happily - I had that SOOO bad last time - seem to be experiencing the opposite this time!! (sorry if thats TMI :haha:)

Candy - sounds like you are still pregnant too me :hugs:

Congrats Lildreamy :thumbup:

asibling - Im sure I speak for everyone when I say we're all hoping and praying for u hunny

Lol xx

Wow I don't get a scan until at LEAST 18 weeks. I am so annoyed! Ontario really sucks!!!
And I don't get bloodwork til like, 11, as part of routine prenatal screening tests. Incredible! Wow, people from the States often wish they had free health care too... and yeah it's nice to only have to pay for it through taxes and not thousands, but the quality of care we get.... disappointing.

What is healthcare like in the UK? Paid by Gov't or through your insurance/out of pocket?

Thanks ladies! I feel alittle better this afternoon. I'm so glad I have you guys to talk to because I haven't told any of my friends that I'm pregnant yet. I really have been adamant on waiting till I see the doctor which isn't until the 19th. I have told my mom and sister and that's good but 1. My mon was unable to have kids so she and my dad adopted my sister and I and she even admits she doesnt understand what its like. She's a good support but its always nice to have someone who has experienced it firsthand. With that said she is super knowledgable and sensitive towards me and a total superstar mom 2. My sister has and almost 1 year old and we are close but she didn't tell us all until she was almost 5 months and it kinda seems like she won't be completely convinced that I'm pregnant until she sees the scan. She still gives me advice and answers my questions but it would be nice if she was more caring and checked in on me( not her personality). I know my friends will be super excited and supportive but like I said I would really like to get to my appointment first. Thankful for my Dh who is caring and loving and puts up with the horrible mood swings. Haha

Asib- we are all behind you and I've been praying for a sticky bean for you every night!

Candy- positive test is always a good sign and I'm hoping your right that it's just some break through bleeding. That would be my guess to!

Lildreamy- yay!

Have a good day ladies:dust:

Morning Ladies, Happy New Year!
I'm 6 weeks tomorrow.. I phoned the nurse at the OBGYN this morning... I've had light brown spotting for 3-4 days now... no heavy /sharp cramps, but mild ones... I'm doing a pretty good job of not panicking and acknowledging that it's normal, but I don't want to underestimate it either... Nurse said probably nothing, call back if the spotting gets heavier or red... and ordered a few blood tests for first thing in the morning... It was nice to have such a responsive triage nurse answer the phone... feeling good about my choice of doctor's office if nothing else... FX'd for tomorrow, but living in today!
Also I have NO pregnancy symptoms yet... not sore boobs, no MS... other then no period and positive blood test... I may be starting to believe some of those "I didn't know I was pregnant" stories!

I went for bloodwork this morning.... HGC is good, and I'm positive blood type, not negative... didn't really understand what the nurse was saying about it other than positive is good.
They moved my first U/S up to next Tuesday just to check instead of the 20th... Still spotting a bit... And morning sickness kicked in about 10 mins ago! Feeling preggers now for sure!!!

Lildreamy- did you get a scan pic! We would love to see your sticky bean!

What is healthcare like in the UK? Paid by Gov't or through your insurance/out of pocket?

NHS - is free but slow - private healthcare - expensive but quicker/more efficent ... I know we do well getting free healthcare, but it depresses me when I see other people getting scans so much earlier - I just hate waiting - don't think I could wait as long as you have too!!

Lol xx

NHS - is free but slow - private healthcare - expensive but quicker/more efficent ... I know we do well getting free healthcare, but it depresses me when I see other people getting scans so much earlier - I just hate waiting - don't think I could wait as long as you have too!!

Yeah... 18 weeks!!! That's a whole, like, 3 months!!! :cry::cry:

Any UK members watch One Born Every Minute? :cry: OMG my hormones couldn't take it!!
Thats gonna be all of us in 8 mths time :cry:
Lol xx

Ugh....any other ladies really feeling bloated? I am sooo bloated and just feel fat and blahhhhh!!!

Saitiffeh- I'm so glad you said that! I am sooooo bloated! My leggings were tight today! My LEGGINGS! Ah!

Don't worry I've been feeling bloated to buggery for at least the last week!

I wonder if I'll pop earlier this time as this is my second baby (granted the last time I was pregnant was 10 years ago!)

So I have been bleeding for a week straight now with no end in sight! My doctor thinks I have a Subchorionic bleed so bubs is fine, it's just nerve racking for me.

I'm in Australia and here you can go through the public clinic which is free or go private OB and pay $3000+ in out of pocket fees.

Lildreamy- did you get a scan pic! We would love to see your sticky bean!

No, they didn't give me the pic. :nope:
I'm guessing it's because it was the ER and they only had the mobile scan, so wasn't connected to the printer.

oh wells! Still happy to hear little one. :D

Went to my first prenatal appointment today. Everything went fine!
They weighed me, and it seems I've already gained two pounds! Yikes! And thats even after food poisoning and throwing up and not eating for two days! This is gonna be like my last pregnancy where I gained sooo much. lol.

Fingers crossed for all of you ladies having difficulties! :flower:

They told me my blood results all was good, Didn't get HCG levels though.
BUT my dating scan will be on the 30th of Jan! since we aren't positive on my due date they suspect I'll be between 9+1 to 11+1. I'm gonna guess I'll be 10+4. So let's see if I'm right. :D

hope all is feeling well!

This A.M. The smell of toast made me hurl. :/
Blahh can't tell if it's MS or my sickness.

well h&h9 months all!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->