~*~*~August 2012 Baby Fire Fly's~*~*~

I think I will probably let a few close friends know after the scan then slowly tell more, then announce via facebook on valentines day because I will be 12 weeks and a day so it's perfect timing. Im super excited to see the little bean in there. I already have my hand on my low belly when I'm sleeping.
I agree Lady Kara! For me it's weekdays that go by sooo slow and weekends go quickly. Which sucks, I wish it was the other way around!!! Boo!

I too find myself waiting and 7 months is a long time to wait - although everyone has said once I am over the 1st Tri and start to feel better it will flyby!

So far my parents know and a couple of cloe friends because they guessed! We will announce it to everyone else after the 12 week scan prob via facebook with Amy wearing an I'm the big sister t-shirt to see if anyone notices!

I've told my parents 2 close friends and when I was pregnant with my DD I joined a simmilar site to this and made some good friends we've created a fb group and talk every day so they also know, I won't be announcingon fb until I'm 5 months like I did with dd family will know after 12 week scan x

I am going to try and wait until 20 weeks to tell... we might tell at 16 weeks after our third scan but ideally i will wait until 20... perhaps everyone will think i am just getting fatter :D

My friend told us when she was 10 weeks along (first baby) and she found out the sex at 16 weeks (a baby boy) and she was showing by then big time. I'm a curvy girl so I know I will want people to know before I start to show so they don't just think I'm getting fatter.

asib-getting concerned about u now hun, hope ur ok :(

I started telling people after we heard the heartbeat, because the chances of miscarriage went way down. I won't tell my students for a while though. Maybe right before I find out the sex.

Ukcath- welcome honey xx

I was also wondering how Asib is getting on..

Laura bella- I was on this forum when I had my daughter, I made some really good friends and we talk on a thread every day. I told them 5 mins after I got my BFP. They know more about me than my hubby lol x

I have been drinking Pepsi max for years I don't drink anything else at all.... Today it made me sick just looking at the cans in the fridge, for the first time in my life I'm drinking water !!!

:wave: Ukcath

I'm waiting until after the scan to announce to friends. I'm thinking after 12 weeks to tell family, maybe a little longer..

I am waiting until twelve weeks to tell people too. It sure drags though doesn't? I remember last time it seemed to go on for ever!

Last time I was so impatient to see the baby we got a private early scan... Was good but going to hold out for the twelve week one this time.

Hiya UkCath! You have same EDD as me :) ... your ticker seems ahead though? or is mine behind??
Will be ringing to book scan tomorrow - will tell everyone who doesn't know, after a successful scan (fx)
Lol xx

Hiya UkCath! You have same EDD as me :) ... your ticker seems ahead though? or is mine behind??
Will be ringing to book scan tomorrow - will tell everyone who doesn't know, after a successful scan (fx)
Lol xx

Hello

Well to make the ticker I put in my LMP (16 11 2011) but the midwife did a calculation and came up with the 26th which I had just gone with and not questioned. I see what you mean though that doesn't seem to work out - according to the online calculators by DD is 22/8. Just double checked my notes and that what she has put! Oh well it will all become clear on the scan I suppose.

When it eventually comes round.. x

Ukcath- welcome honey xx

Laura bella- I was on this forum when I had my daughter, I made some really good friends and we talk on a thread every day. I told them 5 mins after I got my BFP. They know more about me than my hubby lol x

I have been drinking Pepsi max for years I don't drink anything else at all.... Today it made me sick just looking at the cans in the fridge, for the first time in my life I'm drinking water !!!

yes they know more about me that some of my close friends lol, even though ive never met them, we all send each other xmas cards and such its lovely

oh and im the same a co,plete diet coke addict, drink about 2/3 cans a day but in the last 3 weeks have had 2 cans!!!!!x

3 days until my first scan and i cannot wait!! ive put my ticker up as 8+5 but got a feeling they will put me back a week but hey wishfull thinking. i am really hoping all is well x

Well to make the ticker I put in my LMP (16 11 2011) but the midwife did a calculation and came up with the 26th which I had just gone with and not questioned. I see what you mean though that doesn't seem to work out - according to the online calculators by DD is 22/8. Just double checked my notes and that what she has put! Oh well it will all become clear on the scan I suppose.
ah yeah, mine is a complete guess - wasn't monitoring periods tbh - but plumped for LMP of 20th Nov - mainly cos 26th Aug is my bday :) ... if anything I'd rather it be later or I go over by a week - anything to make baby 1st Sept onwards, for school age purposes ( I was youngest in my year and I hated it!!) Last preg my EDD was 27th Oct, scan moved me to 5th Nov and I went over 6 days late and she arrived 11th Nov.

Where you to in S Wales LauraBella? I'm in Cardiff, originally from Cwmbran - and have lived in Newport and Abercarn :)

Lol x

asib-just wanted to wish u luck for tomorrows scan hun.:hugs:

afm- i got my scan on tuesday and i am soooooo excited. i am really feeling tired now like even worse than with any of my other pregnancies.lucky that my hubbie is quick to give me massages though lol :happydance::happydance:

Yeah I noticed you were from Cardiff I'm originally from the bridgend area but live in Neath now with my oh, I went to university in Newport :) x

Feeling you there Spice!! I am soooo tired all the time nowadays!! I have to have a nap everyday!! :(

Laurabella - I went to Newport Uni - didn't finish though :(

Hello Flutterbaby!! wishing you a happy and healthy sticky bean :dust:

Lol xx

I am so exhausted at the moment. Still no other symptoms really though apart from tender boobs. I am really thankful that I'm not sick! Really hope it stays away - I was very queasy by this stage in my last pregnancy.

Back in work tomorrow after five weeks out on sick leave (non-pregnancy related due to road accident) - I'm dreading it! I've been having an hour or two nap most days while my toddler sleeps - obviously that's not going to be a possibility in work though! I am prepared with a big bag of snacks though to try to keep my energy levels up.

How is everyone else coping with excessive pregnancy tiredness at work?

I am also worried about how I will cope with work emotionally, I work in a mental health service and my job is emotionally very demanding at the best of times - pregnancy hormones and general irrationality could make things a bit difficult - I can't really burst into tears at every little thing in work!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
toe
Back
monitoring_string = "c48fb0faa520c8dfff8c4deab485d3d2"
<-- Admiral -->